Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Another Ultimate Bipe Build

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Another Ultimate Bipe Build

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 05:44 PM
stevegauth30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Another Ultimate Bipe Build

Looks good grey beard. You build like me. I already built five this winter. Hopefully so on it will be more flying, less building. Good job.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:48 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My building season doesn't really start until summer when it gets hot and stays light until 9pm. I don't do a lot of building in the winter. I do already have my summer builds lined up but it may change if I get another kit my partner kept for himself. He isn't a builder as much as an ARF person and I have let him sit on the kit for a long time, I think it's time to build it or sell it. I'm thinking I would like to build it but people tell me I'm nuts for doing it?? We'll see?
Old 02-14-2013, 03:56 PM
acerc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok! So what is it?
Old 02-14-2013, 04:20 PM
Gray Beard

It's the one he says he would still like to build some day so it's not mine. It is a Byron's Original Sukhoi with the glass fuse. I still have the Ultrasport 1000 and the plans to the Prime Cut +20. At the moment I'm covering the Satyr I built for a friend from MAN plans. I'm still trying to decide if I want to build the US 1000 first or the Prime Cut? It would have been the Sukhoi without a doubt going together next. I just finished covering the wing on the Satyr and putting the finishing touches on the fuse. I will sand and start covering again tomorrow. I really wanted to build that Byron's kit!! It will never get built now! It will make a collector very happy some day.[&o]
Old 02-14-2013, 04:42 PM
goirish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When are you going to do the Howard Pete
Old 02-14-2013, 07:29 PM
Gray Beard

Thanks a bunch Gene!! That one is the plane I really want to build right now!! I put it on the back burned though due to the time involved in doing a scale build plus the cost. It just calls out for Solartex covering too and that alone is way past my budget for a complete build. At one point it was number one on my list, now I just don't know. It is the better build but also limited in it's flight envelope. It's the one I would like to build and start going to the different IMAA events with. They are all held in Calif. and not NV and I can't afford to do that much traveling these days. Not to mention how many miles my van has on it already. It really is the coolest of the three choices I have but the limits of the plane makes me wonder?[&o]
Old 02-14-2013, 07:52 PM
EscapeFlyer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow! I guess I don't come to the kit building forum enough!

I am happy you had fun with the build Gene. I hope you can get it to fly as nice as it looks!

BTW... I changed my username a few months ago. Ilikebipes really didn't reflect my interests any longer. [8D]

Very cool!!!!

Brian