Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Anyone Built Phaeton 90?

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Anyone Built Phaeton 90?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 11:53 PM
rcpunk
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone Built Phaeton 90?

Mine is 20 yrs old and I stripped the covering off of it last yeer because I was ashamed of it's look. It was cruddy!! I recovered it with polyester dress lining using Stickit from Sig . Then i painted it with Krylon primer and Rustolum spray paint and gave it a final coat of Minwax polyurethane clear. This is an inexpensive covering and finishing method. As far as the plane itself keep both wings @ 0-0, use airelons on both wings with servos on each airelon. I have an OS 120 Surpass w/ pump and I feel it is a perfect match for this plane. Good luck with yours.
Old 09-22-2004, 09:12 AM
gow589
My Feedback: (1)

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Have built 2 Phaeton 90's. Fun airplane. Had a os 1.20 on the first and a Supertiger 2500 on the second. The ST 2500 was a great combination for the airplane! I used to fly it all day. I had so much fun with it I kept running out of gas when I would loose track of time. Dual ailerons are deffinantly good. Gear was a little weak. It would stretch and damage the leading edge of the wing. I had a 35mm camera mounted in the wing and on the second one I set up a video transmitting unit. This was back in the 1980's and that equipment was a lot heavier than it is today. We flew around with 5 1/2 lbs of equipment on it. I don't know if it was re-designed but it was also weak behind the wing where the fueselage changes from stick to sheeted. My friend also had one and we both had structural issues there (before the cameras).

Gary
Old 04-29-2005, 09:09 PM
balsa brain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I built one with an OS 108 and was almost to covering stage. My building buddy, Nuckelhead, a blue and gold macaw ate a fair percentage one morning when I trusted him to play with his toys while I did the s & s & s. He left me wondering what a macaw would taste like[:@]. Anyway, maybe someday it will happen.
Old 04-29-2005, 09:24 PM
Edwin
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pretty good fried. Tastes like chicken.
Edwin <g>