Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Help With flair junior 60

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Help With flair junior 60

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2004, 04:48 PM
volkan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help With flair junior 60

well, i have a techer who has got a Junior 60, he he built the wings 4 years ago, and left, i decided to finish it off,
i built the fuse, but how do you connect the wings (see photos) to the middle (flat) bit????
pleasse help
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16639.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	104975   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm36876.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	104976   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60700.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	104977  
Old 02-25-2004, 09:05 PM
Doug D.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Help With flair junior 60

Have you been to the Flair web site? www.flairproducts.co.uk There's a couple of photo's there that may help a little. Email them with questions as well, there customer support is very good.
[&:]
Old 02-26-2004, 01:42 PM
volkan

sumone must know sumthing!
Old 02-26-2004, 06:05 PM
Doug D.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The wing is joined together in the Center by center braces. And sits flat on top of the fuselage. It's held on by rubberbands. All that info should be on the plans.
Do you have the instruction Manual? If not you need to contact Flair at the Above web address and see about getting a replacement set.
Old 02-26-2004, 06:37 PM
volkan

well i know that!
im talking about, connecting the 2 sperete wings together, i simply cant just gule them together, can i?
Old 02-26-2004, 09:14 PM
phread59

Volkan I will take a stab at it. Does the wing have dihedral (a slight vee shape)? If it does you need to set the 2 inner ribs at 1/2 the diheral in degrees. Tilt the rib towards the tips. Then glue the rib in. Cut the spars that stick out flush with the rib. Is there a Dihedral brace? This would be a piece of plywood in a vee the same degree as the dihedral angle. It should go either between the spars or glued to the front or rear of the spars. If it does cut access for the brace in both ribs. Then dry test fit the wings. You may need to sand or whittle some hear or there to get a tight fit. You want in the end run to have the brace (if equipped) and the spars, trailing edge and leading edge to fit flush with each other. To do this sometimes a disc or belt sander can be used. When everything fits tight and flush using 30 minuit epoxie glue it together. Put glue on the ends of the spars,ribs, ect and the braces (if equipped). Put them together and be sure to support them untill the glue sets. If there is no braces. Just tilt the ribs and glue in. Flush them as before and glue them together. Then sheet the center section out about 3 rib bays on both sides of the center. Then laminate all the way around the center section with a strip of 6 to 8 inch wide heavy fiberglass cloth. You can use epoxie or thin ca to do this. It would be avisable to glass the center even if you have a brace. The extra strength is good. I hope this long post will help in your delemma. I have not built this particular model. The plans would show a brace if it has one. Good luck finishing this kit.

Mark Shuman
Old 03-20-2004, 04:37 PM
volkan

ORIGINAL: Doug D.

Have you been to the Flair web site? www.flairproducts.co.uk There's a couple of photo's there that may help a little. Email them with questions as well, there customer support is very good.
their customers support is rubbish, i emailed many times, and i recived no reply. Has someone got the instrucion manual or photos of the plane be before covering is applied. I have search all over the net, and i could not find one picture of the construction

thanks
Volkan
Old 03-21-2004, 04:14 PM
volkan

i just need a few photos