Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

My first kit

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

My first kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2004, 04:55 PM
noam_h

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first kit

I am planning to build a CA model Epsilon plane:
http://www.camodel.com.ar/Ingles/Epsilon.htm
and it comes without any hardware.
Which hings, links, pushrods, pull-pull system should I buy (that available on tower)?

The plan is a combination o F3A and 3D styles plan, and I will put a .91 2 strokes Super-Tigre engine.
Old 05-29-2004, 05:06 PM
East RC

Default RE: My first kit

I hope this isn't your first plane...If so, I would strongly urge the assistance of a experienced pilot upon completion of this plane. I'm sure you can find someone at your local club who would be glad to assist you. If you are an experienced pilot, I mean no offense, just trying to look out for your safety and those around you, not to mention property and your investment in the plane.

Hardware comes in many shapes, sizes and manufacturers...Start with Du-Bro, there stuff is of high quality and easy to obtain and install...and usually very in-expensive
Old 05-29-2004, 05:59 PM
Mike in DC

If you can't find someone else here who has built the same plane, then my advice would be to wait for the kit to arrive. Usually the manual will make a lot of suggestions about hardware. Even if not, there are a lot of decisions that are easier to make when you have the plane. I know it involves a bit of delay, but it's hard to know what fuel tank to buy and what kind of push rods if you don't know what will fit. Even the hinges may depend on the plane.
Old 06-01-2004, 11:31 AM
Gringo Flyer
My Feedback: (18)

Noam the CAModel kits are great with laser cut parts, good quality wood, etc. However, the instructions leave a lot to be desired. With my Funky 40 by CA I spent a lot of time trying to figure out exactly what was meant or exactly what piece of wood to use where. Also, the English translation is terrible. I think it was just done with a translating program. I live in Argentina and speak Spanish and if I had not be able to read the instructions in spanish it would have been extremely dificult. The Funky was my first kit too, probably not a great first kit to start with, but it came out pretty good. All that to say, wait till the model arrives, you can start building and then place the order. Also, I can help you with the translation if you get stuck on the English. I can take a look at the spanish and tell you what it should say. Just send me an email.

BTW the Epsilon is an awesome plane and looks great too!
Old 06-01-2004, 03:17 PM
noam_h

ScaleFreak, this is not my first plan. It will be the third after almost 3 years of flying, so don't worry . I got your advice and ordered Du-bro hings with metal pins, and Du-bro pull-pull system.

Mike, I will wait for the plan but I know that the manual is bad, so I don't expect to get help from it.

Gringo, thank's for your offer. I will probably use it...