Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

NEED HELP TO I.D. THIS PLANE

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

NEED HELP TO I.D. THIS PLANE

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 09:34 AM
flyingbudman8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED HELP TO I.D. THIS PLANE

I was asked by a friend to finish this plane that was gave to them but I'm not sure what it is, or intended for. This plane has a 60.5 in. wing span, the fuselage is 40in. it is a top wing, it looks like a piper cub but it is a radial engine plane. This is a dummy cowl and was built for a small 2 stroke, it is a very old plane. This model has no ailerons, no elevator and as far as a rudder it is very small just 3 3/4 inches cut into the vertical stab almost like a trim tab. I havent ruled out control line, and have had many suggestions that it could be a free flight but this big and this heavy?? this plane also has carved wooden wheel pants and skerts and is a tail dragger, full windshield and side windows. did piper cub ever build a radial engine, this plane was built to fly ,BUT HOW nothing indicates this to be built as an r/c plane!!
Old 02-08-2006, 10:53 AM
Gizmo-RCU
My Feedback: (27)

Default RE: NEED HELP TO I.D. THIS PLANE

Photos would help bunches. It sounds like something from the 50-60's single channel pulse RC? They were rudder only as from what I remember.
Old 02-08-2006, 05:07 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Appears to be a old single channel escapement job from the late 50's? There were a lot of them that size. The radial cowl doesn't ring any bells.

It could be a bashed kit with the radial cowl added?

Piper didn't make any radial powered planes but Cessna did.

It would take a lot of work to make this plane into a current day radio control model.

It is not a control line model.

Enjoy,

Jim
Old 02-08-2006, 05:20 PM
flyingbudman8

THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP, IT IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!!![sm=thumbup.gif]