Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Beaver servo location

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Beaver servo location

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 09:22 PM
Africa flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beaver servo location

I have a Unionville 6 ft. (.40 size) Beaver kit. Now the plans make no mention nor does the drawing show the location for the servo that controls the ailerons. Anyone have this kit and could give me some advice on location for the servo.

Thanks in advance
Old 03-08-2008, 10:27 PM
khodges
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: Beaver servo location

Not familiar with the specifics of the Unionville kit, but maybe they're leaving it up to you whether to use one servo in the fuse and drive the ailerons with rods and bellcranks, or use two servos out in the wings. I'd definitely go with two servos. Add braces between two wing ribs about a third of the way out the aileron; make a "tray" from a flat piece of 3/32 hobby ply with the servo mounted on its side. A slot in the ply allows the servo arm to extend through the tray. Mount it to the underside of the wing with the servo sitting between the ribs, only the arm is visible. Looks like this when done:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63569.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	898379  
Old 03-09-2008, 03:16 PM
Africa flyer

Looks good and would do it, however, my radio is an old airtronics radio that does not have that kind of option. Not sure how to phrase it but I have a 6 channel reciver and 4 channel transmiter with no option on the controller for "mixing" I think is the correct term.

Sorry never updated my equipment or knowledge on this subject.
Old 03-09-2008, 03:54 PM
Jollidude
My Feedback: (39)

Just get a Y-harness and plug both servos into it.

Cheers!

Jollidude
Old 03-11-2008, 03:59 PM
JimO
My Feedback: (7)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am currently building this kit for a second time. the first one I used a single servo with the push-rods and bell cranks out in the wing. This time I am using two servos, Hitec low profile wing servos, and will connect using Y harness. I have located the servos where the plans show the bell cranks for the Ailerons. I will use a single servo for the Flaps and use golden rods in place of the bell cranks.

JimO
Old 03-11-2008, 06:58 PM
Africa flyer

thanks jimo and the rest for the replies