Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Plans and Kit Cutters

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Plans and Kit Cutters

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 07:18 AM
lazyace
My Feedback: (126)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Plans and Kit Cutters

does anybody have contacts for lazorworks ?
Old 02-21-2009, 08:54 AM
jdr43

Lazorworks: http://lazer-works.com/misc.html

Jim R
Old 02-21-2009, 09:41 AM
Tsutomu Mabuchi
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: TomCrump

Do not confuse the Aeroplane Factory with the Aeroplane Works.

Mace Gill was the original owner. When he sold the company, it was renamed. Mace is a stand up guy, and always delivered on his promises.

The new owner, has not been able to live up to this reputation, for whatever reason. He has since closed up shop.
I said about John Monaghan, not Mace Gill.
I know Mace sold Aeroplane Works to John then John renamed the shop to Aeroplane Factory.
Do you know when John closed Aeroplane Factory? There still is the home page in the web.
I paid $600 for PT17 to John via PayPal in March 2008.

Tsutomu Mabuchi
Old 02-22-2009, 07:01 AM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

John closed up shop on December 22, 2008. He put up a notice on RCSB. http://www.rcscalebuilder.com/forum/...TID=12430&PN=1

You will have to register to view.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:32 AM
Tsutomu Mabuchi

TomCrump,

Thanks for the info, I saw his notice on RCSB.
He put a nitice on RCSB, but did not say to his customers.
Does "Any standing orders will be filled as fast we are able." mean
he is still working for customers who have ordered?

Tsutomu Mabuchi
Old 02-23-2009, 06:22 PM
SoCalSal
My Feedback: (16)

I just placed and order to have a Hostetler Cessna 195 kit hand cut by Cornell Michaels. I have had kits done by Precision Kit Cutters and I'm not all that impressed with the cutting of the kits I had. Many broken parts and some parts don't fit the plans. But that could be caused by many things. I'll let you all know how the Cessna comes out when I get it from Michael. It will be a while before Michael can get it cut but I can wait. I have heard from others that have had work do by this cutter that it is a first rate job with a lot of consideration paid to the quailty of wood for the applacation and very very accurite cutting. We will see in a month or so.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:20 AM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Tsutomu Mabuchi

TomCrump,

Thanks for the info, I saw his notice on RCSB.
He put a nitice on RCSB, but did not say to his customers.
Does "Any standing orders will be filled as fast we are able." mean
he is still working for customers who have ordered?

Tsutomu Mabuchi

I assume that he will eventually fill your order. The man is not a criminal, and I understand that he has every intention to deliver on his orders.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:22 AM
Tsutomu Mabuchi

TomC

Thanks, I hope he is honest in business.

Tsutomu Mabuchi
Old 02-27-2009, 07:25 AM
Pierrot57

Hi,

I've send 572$ the 5 august 2008 to Jonh Monaghan for a B25 Ziroli in 118", I've never reciep the

airplane and never be refund,

Pierrot57
Old 02-27-2009, 10:32 AM
SoCalSal

ORIGINAL: Pierrot57

Hi,

I've send 572$ the 5 august 2008 to Jonh Monaghan for a B25 Ziroli in 118", I've never reciep the

airplane and never be refund,

Pierrot57
Who is this person you talk of?>> This John person you talk about is not the same person I am dealing with. His name is Michael
Old 02-27-2009, 11:01 AM
Evil_Merlin
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He is talking about someone else totally.

Jon Monaghan purchased Mace Gill's company (that used to be Mace's father's company). Jon couldn't run the business full time and he closed the business. I've done some business with Jon and haven't had any issues with him.

Michael Cornell owns http://www.kitcutter.com/cut/www.kit...com/index.html, and thus far for me has been a stand up guy. I know he got very sick just around Christmas and was out of action for a while. He is cutting my Ar-96 for me.

The two folks are not related in any way, nor are the two companies as far as I know.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:15 PM
jdr43

I just had a parts kit cut for the Clancy LazyBee 48". By Lazer Works 2005 9th. St. Wichita Falls, TX 76301. And they did a beautiful job.
It is a first class operation.

Jim R
Old 04-08-2009, 12:22 PM
tom1178

Hi,

I've a big problem with John Monaghan, i'v order since the 5 august 2008 a B25 from Ziroli, I've paid the 5 august via paypal,

John said many times: problem with wood, I'm sick, you order was send tis week.

At the begining he say 4 to 6 weeks to deliver.... after 18 weeks nothing,

last week he said your order was send the monday 15 december, since his last mail, i've send 3 mails, no news from him.

Best.

Pierre.

Sorry for my language, i'm french.
I have ordered Ziloli PT17 kit and paid by PayPal in March 2008 and received nothing yet.
He said it would take long at that time and I thought 2 or 3 months.
Since it was so long that I forgot that I have ordered my PT17, but I remembered
on Dec. last year that I was waiting the kit then emailed him about my order.
I have had no answer from him as of now.
Does Aeroplane Factory(renamed from Aeroplane Works) still exist?

Tsutomu Mabuchi

Mace Gill was the original owner. When he sold the company, it was renamed. Mace is a stand up guy, and always delivered on his promises.

The new owner, has not been able to live up to this reputation, for whatever reason. He has since closed up shop.

That's too bad he closed shop. I also sent him money via paypal and always just got the run around.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:40 PM
Super08
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: jdr43

I just had a parts kit cut for the Clancy LazyBee 48". By Lazer Works 2005 9th. St. Wichita Falls, TX 76301. And they did a beautiful job.
It is a first class operation.

Jim R
I just had a Giant Sweet n Low cut by them and they did a first rate job. Eddie is a great guy to deal with. [sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 04-08-2009, 03:28 PM
Tony Hallo

Received 50 Likes on 48 Posts

ORIGINAL: WacoNut

Guys,
Buy a 1/8" band saw, scroll saw and a disc sander and cut your own. I have cut numerous kits including 2 1/4 scale bipes and it does not take that long to cut your own kit and you get it the way you want it. The most time I have spent cutting a kit is about 20 hrs. One good weekends worth of work and your kit is ready to go.
Anthony
I'm with Waco, cut it yourself and be done.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:58 AM
Pierrot57

Hi all,

Since the 15 April 2008 John MONAGHAN has 572$ from me, i've never be refund an i've never receip my plane,

He says all over the time: i will refund tou next week, next week, next week.....

Never work with him, it is a thief, and he has threatened me not to refund me if I still manifested myself, but watch out for this man, do not work with him if you do not want to lose money.

If I am refund I would inform you about it.

Best.

Pierrot 57
Old 04-22-2009, 01:54 PM
Aircraft Modelers Research Inc

Hello, did you look at this website ? : https://mraerodesign.securicom.ca/fr...fm?ProduitID=1
Old 04-22-2009, 02:52 PM
SoCalSal

ORIGINAL: tom1178

Hi,

I've a big problem with John Monaghan, i'v order since the 5 august 2008 a B25 from Ziroli, I've paid the 5 august via paypal,

John said many times: problem with wood, I'm sick, you order was send tis week.

At the begining he say 4 to 6 weeks to deliver.... after 18 weeks nothing,

last week he said your order was send the monday 15 december, since his last mail, i've send 3 mails, no news from him.

Best.

Pierre.

Sorry for my language, i'm french.
I have ordered Ziloli PT17 kit and paid by PayPal in March 2008 and received nothing yet.
He said it would take long at that time and I thought 2 or 3 months.
Since it was so long that I forgot that I have ordered my PT17, but I remembered
on Dec. last year that I was waiting the kit then emailed him about my order.
I have had no answer from him as of now.
Does Aeroplane Factory(renamed from Aeroplane Works) still exist?

Tsutomu Mabuchi

That's too bad he closed shop. I also sent him money via paypal and always just got the run around.
Do a search on RC universe for P47 master. I think this is the same guy that tried to steal my money. If he worked for the Airplane factory with George then stay away from him at all costs. If it weren't for the fact that his wife was pissed at him at the time he was running off with my money I would have had to book a flight down there and look him up my way. But his wife did send me back my money. This John guy is a real piece of work....... If it is one and the same person then he has been banned from RCU under the name of "P47Master"
Old 04-22-2009, 09:50 PM
planebuilder66
My Feedback: (8)

Ya know, maybe I should build my PCK skybolt, I bought it at the wram show, now I'm curious about the fit and quality of the kit and weather or not it's going to be usable. All I remember is they were very rude at the show and wouldn't offer me a deal on 2 or 3 large kits I wanted, I was looking at 3 hostetler kits and all I really recall is the lady giving me a price off the laptop she had, and when I went to pay, they pulled a higher price off a sheet of paper. I questioned the price increase and they told me it was the price on the sheet, a little pissed but I wanted the kit so I bought it. But if they gave me 5-10% off each kit, they would have wound up with 1200-1300 dollars, instead of $425. I guess they don't want the business that bad.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:35 PM
outacontrol41
My Feedback: (9)

Sadly, they don't realize how valuable you are as a customer to them. You should have calculated 10% off what you wanted and offered cash.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:48 AM
planebuilder66
My Feedback: (8)

I did pay cash, but they wouldn't budge, and when your told a price, then go to reach for your wallet and ask the total again and it went up 25 bucks in 5 minutes. Now that's instant inflation.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:08 AM
SoCalSal

ORIGINAL: planebuilder66

Ya know, maybe I should build my PCK skybolt, I bought it at the wram show, now I'm curious about the fit and quality of the kit and weather or not it's going to be usable. All I remember is they were very rude at the show and wouldn't offer me a deal on 2 or 3 large kits I wanted, I was looking at 3 hostetler kits and all I really recall is the lady giving me a price off the laptop she had, and when I went to pay, they pulled a higher price off a sheet of paper. I questioned the price increase and they told me it was the price on the sheet, a little pissed but I wanted the kit so I bought it. But if they gave me 5-10% off each kit, they would have wound up with 1200-1300 dollars, instead of $425. I guess they don't want the business that bad.
Think they are rude at the show.................... wait till you need to maybe order some damaged parts from the kit if you have any. Then you will see PKC's really poor service after the sale. The kits are O.K. at best but sadly their service is very very poor in my opion.

I'm waiting for my Cessna 195 kit from Cornel Michaels to arrive next week. I then can tell you how good or bad this kit cutter is. I think at this time that his kits are going to be much better than PKC as he hand cuts every kit he puts out. PKC send his stuff to another person to cut the parts on a lazer cutter and then ships them to the customer. Have heard that a guy ordered a kit from PKC and the ribs were about a 1/16 off from the plans. When he called Larry at PKC to get them cut right he was told it may be six months before they cut another batch of the kits he bought. Now that would piss me off real bad...............REAL BAD!!
Hope you have a much better experiance than I have had I really do.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:40 AM
Aircraft Modelers Research Inc

Hi! , i have questions....do they just scale the drawings to laser cut those kits? here we draw on Cad programs to laser cut the kits, be we have to offset each parts due to the laser beam width.

Michel
Old 04-23-2009, 10:38 PM
The Bluehead

Got a great batch of wood for the Roales JU-52 from Lazerworks. Good work, great to deal with. Gonna use their short kit for the Novack PBY next winter.

Good Luck,
Will
Old 07-25-2009, 01:13 PM
DENTO

BEST A LUCK with michael cornells I paid for a kit in 08 got part of kit sent extra shipping SENT TO HIM balance of kit NO SHOW the MAN IS A CON STAY AWAY BIG TIME AT THE END OF IT ALL HE HAVE RIPPED ME OFF.[:@][:@]
REGARDS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.