Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Carl Goldberg Ultimate 10-300 Brotherhood.

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Carl Goldberg Ultimate 10-300 Brotherhood.

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2019, 09:18 AM
Pittscrazy

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And here is how I got it home ..
Old 01-12-2019, 09:19 AM
camss69
My Feedback: (46)

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Pittscrazy

And here is how I got it home ..
In that case I like the after! Lol!
Old 01-12-2019, 09:20 AM
Pittscrazy

This is what is left and the mailman just delivered a big brown box !
Old 01-12-2019, 09:24 AM
Pittscrazy

Pretty ! Yabadaba do !
Old 01-12-2019, 08:45 PM
J.Paul Saure

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pittscrazy… ...sorry for your loss!
But now you have a nice new box of pieces to build again an original classic of the 90's.
Who knows how many are still left still unbuilt over the world… ...I think I built one of the last (if not THE last) here in Chile.
If you need fiberglass: Cowling & Accessories for Kits GOLDBERG

camss69 - Thanks, I am really loving the DS-24.
I'm using a fancy REX10A "assist" receiver with an Rex3 900Mhz backup, testing them for the "bigger" Ultimate I am building right now.
Nice gyro in the "assist" receiver, I flew with a LOT of wind that day and the Bipe flew smooth as a knife in butter. (I had it with Futaba 50Mhz PCM G3 until last year!!!)

Saludos,
Jean Paul
Old 01-13-2019, 05:54 AM
Pittscrazy

Thanks J Paul ! And thank you for the link . However the kit I just received I got off eBay , I was told he "thought" it was complete , but could not "guarantee" it .
Well ...the good news is the fuselage is complete but there is not so much as a stick of wood left for the wings ! Lol . And no manual but I was able to download a copy of one . The wood for the fuselage is in decent shape and the cuts are so clean a person would think laser . Was the GB ultimate ever laser cut ?
I am going to use this setback as an opportunity to expand my building skills and cut the wing pieces myself . I am also making templates of everything . Will post pictures here and on Facebook on a page called 'Built not Bought' . The page is strictly for built planes and builders ! I am looking forward to the challenge and as I have learned much from all those who have taken the time to share their experiences, pictures and ideas , it is my turn now to try to pay it forward ! Thank you fellows !
Old 01-13-2019, 09:26 AM
J.Paul Saure

Late kits were laser cut...
I will check the FB page, interesting name!!!
Old 01-15-2019, 08:45 AM
Matzito

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

wings could be easily build from scratch if you have the plan, no need to have ribs ready shape em in a block is easy....
Old 01-15-2019, 10:09 AM
Borseth

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking forward to your build thread, Pittscrazy. With the popularity of everything retro these days, is it to much to hope for that they will relaunch this kit? And some of the other Goldberg kits. I have never heard of a bad flying Goldberg model. Their design and construction is awsome. Builders of every skill level can manage to put them together and make them fly straight.
Old 01-26-2019, 09:54 AM
Stumper1000

Default new to RC

Hi,
I am new to all things in Forums and building planes.
I bought a cg 10-300 many years ago and finally taking some time to put it together.
I would like to put servos in it and looking for options on make / model of servos for this airplane??
Old 01-26-2019, 02:01 PM
Motowncali
My Feedback: (3)

Is there anyone close to Napa,CA looking for a built airframe? I just brought home two more of these. Kit built, not ARF’s...
Old 01-26-2019, 03:01 PM
camss69
My Feedback: (46)

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Motowncali
Is there anyone close to Napa,CA looking for a built airframe? I just brought home two more of these. Kit built, not ARF’s...

What kind of condition and how much?
Old 01-26-2019, 05:31 PM
Motowncali

Builds are clean. One never flown. One glass cowl, one stock plastic cowl, only one canopy. He put textured covering on half of one plane... so either way, I would suggest removing the covering. They are mostly white. I will try to get pics. Standard servos, motors not included. Price negotiable, not looking to make a killing...
Old 01-27-2019, 04:22 AM
tih
My Feedback: (1)

Originally Posted by Stumper1000
Hi,
I bought a cg 10-300 many years ago and finally taking some time to put it together.
I would like to put servos in it and looking for options on make / model of servos for this airplane??
From the way you ask, I get the impression that you have no experience flying R/C models, either...? If that's correct, please stop what you're doing!

The CG Ultimate is a wonderful plane, but it is in no way suitable for a beginner. What you need is a good trainer, and a local club, or at least an experienced friend, so you can get guidance along the way, and learn to fly model airplanes in a safe way. This'll be a lot cheaper, too, because if you try to teach yourself, you're going to crash a lot...

If you end up forced to learn on your own, you'd want to start with a small, light, simple, slow, electric model, made from EPS or similar foam, and specifically designed to be easy and safe to learn on - on a windless day, with lots of room, and no people nearby to anger by flying into them, or their picnic lunches, or whatever!
Old 01-27-2019, 05:21 AM
J.Paul Saure

Originally Posted by Stumper1000
Hi,
I have old school Futaba coreless analog servos on mine.
2x S9001 ailerons
2x S9001 elevators
S9202 rudder

Don't go with one aileron and one elevator... ...you'll get extra precision and solid control with two pairs.
And you can put some aileronn differential for on a wire rolls.
Old 01-30-2019, 04:28 PM
Motowncali

The build is clean and light. Sorry, not the greatest photos. I’ve been busy working on a reservation and dragging everything out for photos is not easy.
The one plane has been flown, and has some repairs, the second is a newly built never flown. The inside pics are of the newly built, the wing as you can see if from the one with repairs.
if interested, let me know.
mo 408-499-5303

Old 01-31-2019, 07:07 PM
Stumper1000

you are correct, there are a couple clubs around and plan out getting assisted when the time comes.
Old 02-17-2019, 10:20 AM
peternj
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if anyone needs one, I'd buy it but i already have 4 stashed away
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...duced-lat-time
Old 02-25-2019, 04:20 PM
imcrazy

Black box Lazer cut ultimate kit.

Whats the story . This is a later kit?
How is it compared to the original kit?

Anyone built bot versions?
Old 02-25-2019, 04:21 PM
imcrazy

Originally Posted by peternj
if anyone needs one, I'd buy it but i already have 4 stashed away
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...duced-lat-time
i have 5 ultimate kits. One is black box Lazer cut.
.Better or worse than the original?
Old 02-25-2019, 05:53 PM
vogelm1

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've built both versions and each has their minor advantages/disadvantages...nothing that would steer me one way or another. The black box laser-cut kits obviously have nice accurate parts cutting that just about fall out of the balsa and ply sheets. Goldberg also provided somewhat beefier wing ribs where the interplane struts mount - a different/thicker kind of lite ply. The one big thing I didn't like about the black box kit is the fuselage sides are router cut, rather than die-cut or laser cut - this leaves a rounded edge where the formers glue in (hence funky gaps in the glue joints. Some folks have taken a razor saw and mitered a nice 90 degree corner where each former is located. With a little work, you can significantly improve the joints, making them stronger.

The older die-cut kits are fine as well, though some parts may come out of the sheets harder, and lite ply parts might splinter here and there - either way nothing wrong with the classic kits. Both build up exactly the same way and impossible to tell which version is which without taking the lower wing off to peek in side (and see the burned laser cut edges on parts.
Old 02-25-2019, 05:56 PM
georgewaldrop
My Feedback: (28)

Default Black box?

I've never seen one of the "Black Box" kits...is this a Goldberg offering or one someone else put out?

Have a Blessed Day
George Waldrop
Old 02-25-2019, 06:01 PM
vogelm1

Originally Posted by georgewaldrop
I've never seen one of the "Black Box" kits...is this a Goldberg offering or one someone else put out?

Have a Blessed Day
George Waldrop
I'm fuzzy on the dates and other details, but Goldberg was bought out by Lanier (I believe) in the early 2000's - they didn't change the kit except for laser cutting parts, and the router-cut fuselage sides. And of course packing it in a narrower black box with same cover artwork.
Old 02-25-2019, 07:42 PM
georgewaldrop
My Feedback: (28)

Default Black Box Ultimate

Never seen one, interesting...Curious that they would lazer cut so much and router cut the fuse sides...

Thanks for the info..

Have a Blessed Day
George
Old 02-25-2019, 07:55 PM
vogelm1

Originally Posted by georgewaldrop
Never seen one, interesting...Curious that they would lazer cut so much and router cut the fuse sides...

Thanks for the info..

Have a Blessed Day
George
You bet. Lanier did this with a couple other original Goldberg models as well. I have a Super Chipmunk kit in a black box version...same everything just laser cut.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.