Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > LMH Helicopter
Reload this Page >

GLITCH, GLITCH, GLITCH, !!!!!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
LMH Helicopter Discussion of all LMH helicopters both electric and glow.

GLITCH, GLITCH, GLITCH, !!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 10:34 PM
FlyingFish
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GLITCH, GLITCH, GLITCH, !!!!!!!!

3 Questions..........!

1) Can a bad servo cause a new radio to glitch erratically ? [&:]

2) Can a bad ESC (pheniox 35) cause a new radio to glitch erratically ? [&:]

3) Can a bad gyro cause a new radio to glitch erratically ? [&:]

At my Wits end here! I Had bad glitching and poor range checks with my old Airtronics 4 channel radio on my Corona after 2 years of flawless performance, So then I got a new HiTec 4 channel Radio to replace the old Airtronics and the glitching is still bad with the new HiTec radio, especially if I stand at certian angles or certian spots ajacent to the heli. I'm thinking theirs something onboard causing bad signals. My other corona has an Airtronics on the same channel as the New HiTec, (#26) and it's rock solid, so I know it can't be outside signals causing glitches, otherwise both helis would suffer the same glitching! Any ideas or good products out their to surpress radio glitching?
Old 05-23-2007, 12:38 AM
Fitz21
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: GLITCH, GLITCH, GLITCH, !!!!!!!!

I am assuming you got a new receiver with the new radio. new crystal as well? Did all that happen after a crash? Since you have two choppers, i would swap receivers so long as you use the same radio. I am not a pro on radios, but i believe airtronics uses a different signal shift than say futaba. alot of new receivers will work with either positive or negative shift, but i am uncertain about your stuff. just keep it in mind.

I would then try a channel/servo one at a time with nothing else plugged into the receiver except a battery. no controller. just plug in a flight pack battery 4.8v into any receiver channel and figure it out from there. shouldnt be too hard si nce you have two helis for parts swapping.

check for loose crystal. turn on chopper and wiggle crystal slightly.

interested to here what you find.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:37 AM
FlyingFish

The New HiTec is a whole new complete radio system! No crash has happened. Not sure about swapping receivers, one receiver is from a Hitec Laser 4 Radio and the other receiver is from an Airtronics VG400 radio.

But have noticed something! The radio is always clicking or having micro twitches, But when I unplug the rudder servo (Which is connected to my gyro) the radio is a lot less pron to any glitching and is more silent and the range check seems to be better, The rudder servo is new, so I'm suspecting maybe something is wrong with the gyro. It looks like it's causing the whole radio to become over sensitive even when the heli is at a stand still on the ground.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:28 PM
Cambo
My Feedback: (2)

Hey flying fish
Man these glitches are haunting you aren't they []. Lets get a equipment readout first. Now, sice i have moved up to .30 and .50 size birds i have herd alot of talk about bad bearings. I never had this problem when my corona was in service, but i never got above 100 flights on it. I would look at all the bearings. See if any off them are squicking or warn out. If they are, then there might be your problem.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:18 AM
FlyingFish

Well, Im not sure it would be any bearings at all, you see, a lot of these glitches happen when the heli is on the ground at a dead stand still, nothing running or moving. Turn my Tx on, then turn on my heli, place it on the ground, walk away from the heli a little bit and you can see the servos occasionally glitch and sometimes the throttle will turn on and off for a second or two. Glitch or No Glitch depends were your standing from the heli.
Old 05-27-2007, 01:33 PM
notasme

Flyingfish,

I assume that you do not have a cell phone or two-way pager anywhere near you. Have you tried reseating the crystal on the receiver? I have had that cause me some problems. Also try a different location say a mile or two from where you are. Maybe someone has some type of transmitter nearby.
Are your two radios on the same frequency? If not you could try getting another set of crystals on the same channel as the one that is not giving you trouble.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:01 AM
FlyingFish

I have no cells or pagers with me, I have examined the crystals and they seem fine. But as far as trying another location, I dont think that's neccessary, I have another corona on the same freq. #26, and that heli never has any glitches. I relocated the Rx ant. and that seemed to help my range testing, but I haven't been able to test fly, the weather here in Vegas is like Iraq, 100 degrees with a 20 mph wind everyday ! [:@]
Old 05-30-2007, 11:50 AM
notasme

Sounds like night flying to me.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:28 PM
FlyingFish

Yes and I do have full Navigation lights for that purpose, they work well too.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:17 AM
Cambo
My Feedback: (2)

Hi Flying Fish

Yes, the dreadfull summer has arrived for me too. It gets in the upwards of 110 degrees out in Phoenix. I just get out to the field by 6:30 - 7:00 AM. It is about 80 degrees and stays like that for 3 or so hours. Man it is hard to get my 17 year old body up that early, though .
Old 06-05-2007, 10:59 AM
FlyingFish

Hey Cambo,
You need some Vegas babes on that field to get you a bit more motivated to get up early.........
but So far I've test flew the heli a couple of times and so far, so good, the glitching is gone! I noticed everytime I buy a new radio it gives me glitching problems the first few flights then the glitches just disapear[X(]