Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > LMH Helicopter
Reload this Page >

colored rotor blades?

Community
Search
Notices
LMH Helicopter Discussion of all LMH helicopters both electric and glow.

colored rotor blades?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2003, 07:47 PM
arctic-choppers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default colored rotor blades?

I have a couple of questions:
Where can i get the colored main rotor blades for my e corona?
I see alot of black tail booms on coronas , are they just the stock ones that people have colored or are they aftermarket? If they are aftermarket, does anyone know where to get them?
Old 05-24-2003, 09:16 PM
Spiro

Litemachines sells rotor blades and tail fins in all kinds of colors. Check out their website if you haven't already.

www.litemachines.com

They are great people to do business with directly over the phone, or you can use their online shopatron thing which works well even if it is somewhat bothersome to navigate.

For what it is worth,
Spiro
Old 05-25-2003, 01:36 AM
gmaster

also give Mike at Roffeetvhobby.com an email/call.. he stocks LMH parts.. they are probably the #1 guys for LMH stuff (besides LMH themselves).. and at great prices..
Old 05-25-2003, 02:53 AM
Mini Boy

Hi Arctic!

If you have the Corona construction manual, on pages 16-1 and 16-2 are all the part numbers for the various colors of main and tail rotors, tail fins and tail booms. They seem to ship the purple tail booms and white rotor blades with the kits maybe because they match the white canopy and the purple decals.

Be careful of visibility ... I painted my tailboom and fin yellow to make it "higher vis".

Happy Choptering,

Russ
Old 05-25-2003, 03:54 AM
darthdrk

The black tailbooms I think your seeing are aftermarket Carbon Fiber(CF) booms. They are suppose to be stronger than the stock booms and almost as light. Here check out this link: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...t=cf+tailbooms
Heres his web site: http://www.geocities.com/buckey29/corona.htm
Old 05-26-2003, 09:12 PM
arctic-choppers

Default thanks guys

I was thinking of ordering the green transparent blades form lite machines . Has anyone tried those before and if so how was visibilty. I was thinking of the green tail rotor blades too.
Old 05-26-2003, 10:41 PM
Spiro

In my limited experience rotor blade visibility is directly proportional to how light the color is. White blades are the most visible, black blades are the least visible. Yellow will be more visible than red… Blah, blah, blah. You can always use a brightly colored (white, or perhaps yellow) stripe at the rotor tip to help you see the blades. Black blades with a yellow or white strip produce a nice ring or circle, but are inherently more difficult to see than all white blades.

See also:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/showthread...707#post903182

For what it is worth,
Spiroo
Old 05-26-2003, 11:23 PM
colstonman

I have tras red blades and they disapear at liftoff rpm. I am having a little trouble flying close to me photographer [my sisster] because I dont know where my blades end. I am told that if i get some white electrical tape and put that on the end then it will allow me to atleast see the tips. I will differ you from using transparent blades unless you dont mind zero rotor visibility.
Old 05-27-2003, 12:16 AM
Mini Boy

Hey Arctic!

It ocurred to me that us dudes down here in the "lower 48" usually have a background of trees, grass, water and in the worst case scenario, bare trees and brown leaves on the ground in Autumn. If you are in Alaska and have snow, ice, fog, and all kinds of white backgrounds, white rotor blades aren't going to be very visible to you!!

What's the landscape look like up there from season to season??

Hopefully, we all share some of the great blue sky!

Just a thought,

Russ
Old 05-27-2003, 05:17 AM
arctic-choppers

Default i'm thinking green maybe

i,m thinking green with white tips. Here in this part of alaska you are right the landscape is very bare. But i fly my corona in a building . And after my little mishap the other night i will probably only fly it indoors for a while anyway. I guess green blades would be pretty bad for you guys down there. thanks for the input