Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Does the lst sliipper make a noise?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2004, 04:16 PM
4wheelin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does the lst sliipper make a noise?

LOL I'm hoping it makes a dull clicking sound hahaha....just got new cast diffs, back MIP CVDs and now a dull clicking noise is showing up on hard throttle...what is it now?

I cant imagine the diffs slipping gears? The cracked cases before did rag on them a bit, but I thought they were ok, at least for 550.00 dollars.

I was clearing 40 feet today, with some awesome vertical travel with nice 4 point landings....this truck is the GREAT, But I have reservations about its reliability. No flame no nothing. Man, what else do I have to buy? Whats it going to take?

What upgrades to bullet proof? I will order tonight for my baby.....she flies sooofine
Old 11-19-2004, 05:18 PM
LST-UK

Default RE: Does the lst sliipper make a noise?

It might still be your diffs? As you will need to re-shim due to the new diff cases. This is the same for any RC with these style diffs, not just the LST...
Old 11-19-2004, 06:01 PM
4wheelin

I know, thought they were fine, but i have to check them anyway....seems like the first logical spot. Just hoping it was something else
Old 11-19-2004, 06:14 PM
TheBull350

i think i've read other threads on the aluminum diff's saying you need to swap the front shim to the other side (if you looking at the front of the truck move it from the left side to the right, or passenger side to driver's side)

not saying this is correct, but i found i had to do this also!! (forget what i did with the rear though)

the only clicking i heard in mine was when one of the tranny screws (within the case) came loose and eventualy backed out bringing the truck to a grinding hault! (simple resolve, locktite)

Marcus
Old 11-19-2004, 07:09 PM
Pinolelst

I think everyone that went to the aluminum cases had to move the shim to the other side.Mine meshed horribly in the stock position.
Old 11-20-2004, 12:04 AM
Jayphred

Make sure it isn't your brakes. Some are mistaking the brakes binding and clicking as diff noise.
Old 11-20-2004, 08:10 AM
4wheelin

from left to right or visa versa......thank you guys.
Old 11-20-2004, 09:11 AM
TheBull350

read my original post. they move the front washer from the passenger side to the driver's side (if you live in the us that is) :-)

if you look at the front of the truck: left to right
if you look at the rear of the truck: right to left

swap it and put the case together and see what it feels like and rotate the drive shaft, if it binds then swap it around.
Old 11-20-2004, 09:55 AM
Rockman

By front do you mean the front diff only?
How come the rear doesn't need the same?
Rockman
Old 11-20-2004, 09:57 AM
smashn

Wandering the same as rockman do u swap the rear as well or leave it? I hope mine to be here wed. so am wandering now.....cant be to prepared to upgrade a lst....
Old 11-20-2004, 12:17 PM
Pinolelst

ORIGINAL: LST_RUNNER

Wandering the same as rockman do u swap the rear as well or leave it? I hope mine to be here wed. so am wandering now.....cant be to prepared to upgrade a lst....

Front or rear,when you replace the cases with aluminum move the shim to the opposite side that it sat on originally.Don't do it by rote though.Try it in it's original position and try to turn the gears before you even put the case halves together.Likely it'll be sticky and clunky.Then move it to the other side and it'll have a nice feel to it when rotating the gears

hope this helps

Peace [8D]
Old 11-20-2004, 12:26 PM
4wheelin

yea, it was kinda clunky on both sides...when the cases cracked, it warped on the gears....I called Bill twice,,,,nothing...ya know I hate to say it, but this truck has cost me more than any I have owned...at the same time I really like this truck.

I'm not even bothering to call about the cracked gearbox.

You think anyone from Losi monitors this board? Do they know and are they addressing these issues with new upgraded parts?