Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Changing Springs..

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 04:37 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Changing Springs..

This is embarassingly simple - but I'm trying to change the springs on the shocks.. With every other truck I've ever had, I just squeeze the bottom plastic part off. But that doesn't seem to easy here.. Don't want to break it. Is there some trick to it??
Old 11-01-2006, 04:40 AM
HerrSavage

Default RE: Changing Springs..

OK, duhh.... I got it..
Old 11-01-2006, 04:49 AM
HerrSavage

WOW... These RC Raven dual-rate springs are AWESOME... Just having them on the front the front of the truck sits like an inch higher...
Old 11-01-2006, 09:59 AM
2DMaxLST!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It you raise it a little higher you can make it handle and tip almost as bad as other monster trucks.

The lower retainer locks/snaps into position, you've discovered what I consider a nice feature.
Old 11-01-2006, 01:05 PM
Chronic

I like my RC Raven springs for bashing. I would prefer it if the initial springrate was softer, but they do alot better than the stockers at absorbing the landings. It's also nice to not have the rear skid almost dragging the ground when accelerating hard. The mile-high stance kind of blows...

Is there a softer(preferably linear rate) spring available that is the same length as the RC Ravens?
Old 11-01-2006, 01:53 PM
HerrSavage

So far, the springs are my favorite upgrade I've got so far.. As of now I've got the New Era roll bar on, RPM engine head cover, the Ofna 1600 battery(need a g-d_amn BEC adaptor though..), and well, that's it..

I'm waiting til something breaks to put in the Dynamite engine brace, RPM arms, and Lunsford turnbuckles..

You reckon I should do the engine brace right away though??

And BTW, I have since learned that the RPM gear cover doesn't really work with the New Era roll-bar - and didn't mount straight anyway - so it's gone..

I think I want an SUV bod for it, but might just get the Proline CP2... Like everybody else...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33290.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	552579  
Old 11-01-2006, 03:25 PM
Chronic

I think I'm going to pick up the new Losi Monster 1600 body when it comes out. It's just like their Volkswagon body for the 1:18 MLST, except bigger of course. You're in Germany... a bug body would be perfect for you.

[link=http://www.killerhobbies.com/Browse_Item_Details.asp/Item_ID/961319/categ_id/6/parent_ids/0,6/Name/MONSTER_S-1600_WSTICK:_(clear)_LST2AFT_-_LOSB8021]Check it out[/link]

My favorite mod so far is by far the RPM arms with Lunsford turnbuckles. Now if RPM would just make some bumper supports for the LST2 I'd be rid of another big headache.
Old 11-01-2006, 03:33 PM
HerrSavage

I've seen that.. But having had an E-zilla, I've had enough of bugs...

I'm waiting til after break-in to put on my RPM's and Lunsfords.. Some people say the stockers aren't THAT bad.. Probably racers though.. Anyway, I've got the RPM's, et al just sitting there. Don't think I'll get much beyond break-in this whole year though...

You think I should do the Dynamite engine-brace and RPM's/Lunsfords right away??
Old 11-01-2006, 05:08 PM
PillowPants

^^I would (did). Some people say that you should wait till it breaks then replace the stuff but I dissagree with that.. For example, say that the crappy stock engine brace breaks, and tweaks your chassis.. coulda been prevented if you woulda just put the dynamite one on, ya know.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:49 PM
Chronic

I agree. If I was doing it again, the RPM arms and Dynamite brace would be installed before it was run for the first time. The engine mount brace for sure. The stock arms aren't THAT bad, but they are somewhat weak for a truck of this size. Nobody can deny that with a straight face.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:12 PM
2DMaxLST!!

I've never broken on on a race track. My face is straight. I can't believe you guys would tell a dude to go to all that trouble before he breaks it in. He won't go slapmofro till it's broken in surely.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:18 AM
HerrSavage

OK, I'll do the engine brace then. I won't be going nuts with this thing anytime soon anyway. One, it's gonna take a day to break in anyway - and I'll be lucky to find a nice enough day in the next couple of weekends to do even that(November is the notoriously worst month for weather here in Germany - and it's living up to it.. Cold, windy, and rainy...) Second, since I've never driven an LST2 and don't know what to expect, AND have about €1000 into it, I will be taking my time getting to know it before it ever sees a ramp.. If it were summer that would happen a lot faster. But being November it might not see any significant air til spring I'm afraid... Unless global warming provides for some unusually nice days before then...

There should be a RC tropical island vacation getaway somewhere, with lots of sunshine, ramps, and nitro, for a winter RC vacation.. With hot, bikini-clad pit-crews and the like.. Hmmm....
Old 11-10-2006, 02:56 PM
MoronOnWings

heh i completely agree patrick, i myself am from germany, but live in the us now. but yes i know how crappy the weather gets during this time of the year. and also, the pit crew idea isnt so bad either. goodluck breking it in tho

maybe if everyone in this forum chipped in however much their truck was worth we could afford one (sorry 2d, but all of your trucks would count for this )