Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

The muggy now?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 11:18 PM
pythonfan
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The muggy now?

well for all who know what my muggy has been threw, well its time to breath some new life into it, and since I'm happy with my axial .28 in the savage, I'm putting my picco in the muggy, here are some pics oh what i got now, yes its crappy, but its a diamond in the rough, waiting to be shined up and be a nice bash er. but it looks worse then before for those who remember it, trust me it was a lot worse, that's a lot better then 6 months ago, so its starting to gain ground i just have to find the rest of the parts i took from it to use on my other trucks...

i'll update as i go, but for now this is the muggy now.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:27 PM
losi8tboy

Default RE: The muggy now?

i have a question is ur muggy faster than the savage ???
Old 12-11-2007, 11:34 PM
pythonfan

really i have no idea, i know my muggy came in at a sad 44mph, and that was as lean as i could go. my savage with the axial is in the 40's, but if i drop the picco in it was prob close to the stock muggy, but with the picco I'm hoping to get more out of the truck.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:36 PM
losi8tboy

what do u recomed me getting
muggy lst 2 savage x 4.6
im looking for stock speed
Old 12-12-2007, 12:00 AM
pythonfan

ORIGINAL: losi8tboy

what do u recomed me getting
muggy lst 2 savage x 4.6
im looking for stock speed
this is form what i know, the lst 2 has speed at about 35-40mph range, the muggy out of box is about 40-45, the savage is sitting at 45. both muggy and lst2 have the mach 427, which has the rpm range of the picco but take a bit longer to get up to the rpm's/ i have had the muggy before the savage and it took A LOT!! i have done far worse then u have seen in 250's posts, but i have done the same with my savage, and they both keep coming back for more. the lst 2 offers a lot, but the price is where it should be with its 4wd high low gear, 2 speed etc.. its one tough truck, and one great basher, but i have put bashed a lst2 at my race several times. for the money i would get the savage, or the muggy. there both right up there. i have had not one problem with both muggy and my savage, if it was me i would get another savage cause its more of a basher and better speed out of the box.

but if your looking for a good basher and a somewhat good out of the box racer then the muggy is for you, if your looking for one of the best bashers then the savage is for you, but if money is no object then the lst2 might not be the fastest but it can take a lot.

but i do like the losi spin start, over the hpi start.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:30 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hurry up and get that Muggy together and make a vid of it running....

I've re-considered my options, and think I'm gonna put the Picco in my Muggy too. But I won't realistically get to break it in til spring.. Kinda worried it won't have the top-end needed for a single-speed truggy like the Muggy - though torque shouldn't be an issue.... Whatever a stock Muggy does, I doubt with a Picco it'll have more topend, though I guess it'll get there faster...

Anyway, losi8tboy, I have a Muggy, LST2, and Savage XSS, and for out-of-the-box speed, not to mention all-around superiority in virtually every other category, the LST2 is simply the best truck you can get.. I don't even use that dumb hi-low gear thing either, and reverse no that often... I would still say the stock LST2 is faster than my 3-speed Axial 28RR Savage.. Part of that is just the huge wheels, but still, the LST2 is just SSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOO smooth...

Only thing a Savage does better is wheelie, and the Muggy looks better. All three are great trucks - as in, the best bashers you can get.. But the LST2 is just superior. It goes faster, flies higher, flips better, handles unbelievably, is BIGGER, and has proven to be very very tough.... The LST2 is without a doubt the truck I would take to some big bashing event to do the hardest bashing and go for the biggest, most impressive stuff.. The Sav I take more out on my own, for some jumping, or maybe wheelying to impress the kids at the park... The Muggy is still a work in progress, but ultimately I expect it to be a great jumper too......
Old 12-12-2007, 02:17 AM
pythonfan

pat this is from the guy who helped me in the first place in getting a picco, remember him?

MiamizFinest ----- yo the picco in the MUGGY is bad but.......the RPM range works real well on single speed's..........it will run basicaly about the same top end as the 427 motor but it will get there alot faster..........

the axial will work out good in the savage since in the savage the axial can get speed by takeing advantage of the 2 or 3 gear it has...........the axial in a muggy is the biggest POS on earth......i tryed it out and i was so pist i actually sold the motor with in a month of haveing it

BTW are you running the tenturi in the picco???
Old 12-12-2007, 11:50 AM
Muggy250r

man that looks a lot better!!!!!....... i remember when u first got that thing!!!! and my stock muggy can outrun revo 3.3 in parking lots i was very surprised, they pull a little on me off the line, but mid/top i had 'em beat!!! and the muggy is a sick basher....check out some of my vicdeos on youtube type in crf250rcx that is my user account and u can see the hell i put my muggy through, and she keeps coming back for more!!!
Old 12-12-2007, 02:54 PM
pythonfan

ORIGINAL: Muggy250r

man that looks a lot better!!!!!....... i remember when u first got that thing!!!! and my stock muggy can outrun revo 3.3 in parking lots i was very surprised, they pull a little on me off the line, but mid/top i had 'em beat!!! and the muggy is a sick basher....check out some of my vicdeos on youtube type in crf250rcx that is my user account and u can see the hell i put my muggy through, and she keeps coming back for more!!!
i seen your videos, u still need to go a bit harder, and may i ask, where did u "barrow" that street sign lol

but yea its coming back from the dead and its gonna be a beast.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:20 PM
Muggy250r

lol the sign was at my school and i figured i could use it more then they could but wait until i get the muggy running again.... she is going to hit jump WOT.... im makeing a nice ramp now with my dad... it should be done soon, we have it outside with 2 cinderblocks on it to give it a nice curve
Old 12-12-2007, 03:44 PM
pythonfan

well there my ramp, yes that was the picco but it was the day after my race still at 1/2 gallon, but i wanted to show off my old ramp.... but that ramp i could pull 3-4flips but i could not land them cause i could not see which way was up lol.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gFjZ3ykH3Ds
Old 12-12-2007, 04:03 PM
Muggy250r

looks good man!!! my ramp is going to be like that....