Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

just bought a lst

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 02:48 PM
MR4X4KING

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just bought a lst

Hello Everyone,
I bought a used lst that is in prety nice shape.
it has all alluminum arms and knuckles on it but the problem i see is there is too much play in the arms and the knuckes not where the pins go through.
the pins holes are tight the arm just slides back and forth like the parts were not made right or someone was mixing and matching lst 2 parts they do not appear to be worn. alot of trucks have plastic shims to shim the control arms
this has nothing.
i do know see any name on the arms or knuckles
does anyone make tiny thin shims to take up the play.
i am not sure who made the arms and knuckles but there is way to much play
it is a lst it still has 14mm hexes and the old style axles.
let me know if anyone has heard of this
Old 08-25-2010, 02:52 PM
MR4X4KING

Default RE: just bought a lst

any one have any ideas
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12178.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	1490219  
Old 08-25-2010, 02:55 PM
MR4X4KING

alot of people are telling me to go back to stock they say the are better because the will take the punishment
so i think i will and sell all the aluminum since i allready have the stock stuff coming from ebay
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89303.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	1490220  
Old 08-25-2010, 07:53 PM
ntrain42

RPM nylon arms, the only way to go...............get camber adjustments now as well, added bonus.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:56 PM
ImpalaPolicePack

i think RPM sell a kit of shims for there arms for the lst. it would maybe fit your arms. but as you say your better getting the stock stuff, its more then enough and they are cheap if you break them.

i would like to have some RPM arms but i cant justify the cost when i can get 4 arms for 5-8$ on ebay.

and you may be interested in changing your pipe, look for the losi HT pipe that comes stock on LTS2/XXL
the one you have kills most of the power ...

Impala
Old 08-25-2010, 10:05 PM
ntrain42

ORIGINAL: impalapolicepack

i think RPM sell a kit of shims for there arms for the lst. it would maybe fit your arms. but as you say your better getting the stock stuff, its more then enough and they are cheap if you break them.

i would like to have some RPM arms but i cant justify the cost when i can get 4 arms for 5-8$ on ebay.

and you may be interested in changing your pipe, look for the losi HT pipe that comes stock on LTS2/XXL
the one you have kills most of the power ...

Impala
Little trick to strenghtening those stock arms................boil em in hot water for a half hour to an hour. This trick works best for nylon parts(makes em more flexible so they dont break), but extended boiling time for some plastic(if its shiny forget it, butif has a dull flat finish with texture it is worthwhile to do)and composites will have some effect as well.
Old 01-15-2011, 05:40 PM
stumpjumper1280

The thing about making your truck all aluminum is when everything is the same strength you have no clue where its going to break with the stock plastic you know where the vonurable parts are and chances are they are going to break in one of those week spots and not bend every piece of aluminum along the way.
Old 01-15-2011, 07:25 PM
Mclovin350z

Looks like those arms arepinned to plastic bulkheads, bad combo. I'd get plastic and ebay the aluminum.