Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Non delivery after 3 yr wait.

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Non delivery after 3 yr wait.

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 04:30 AM
nick.henderson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Non delivery after 3 yr wait.

Hello all,

the purpose of this post isto gain some input from other modellers as to what i should do.

In Nov 2007 i paid a kit cutter in full, to produce a kit for me; We both live in different countries but via the internet, anything is possible these days.

Over 3 years later i still have not received my kit. The guy is courteous, polite, but always has an excuse as to why its not done. He never contacts me with progress reports; only after i chase him and make first contact.

Shortly after i placed the original order, i ordered another kit and paid for it. At this early stage i had no idea of the wait ahead. Strangley, he managed to cut the second kit after a year, but upon opening the box after Customs had grabbed their bit, it turned out to be the wrong scale. To his credit, he has agreed to re-cut the formers etc to the correct scale.

Three years plus down the line, i have decided to cancel all work with him. I have requested re-payment in full for the first kit and a partial refund on the second "wrong scale" kit.

The problem i have ishe is no longer communicating with me despite me contacting him. He has had lots of ups and downs but i do feel that as a customer it is polite to communicate with me. Because we live in different countries i cant visit the guy in person, cant sue etc etc.

So what do you guys think is my best way foward and thanks in advance for any input.

Nick.
Old 03-13-2011, 05:23 AM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Default RE: Non delivery after 3 yr wait.

In short, you have made a donation to his retirement fund. If you can't sue him and can't pressure him beyond phone calls, then there isn't much you can do. It's been too long to dispute the charges with your credit card company, but it can't hurt to speak to them about it. You might also contact the postal service in your country and his to see if a mail fraud law applies. I know that here in the U.S. defrauding someone in a face to face transaction is simply a civil matter most of the time, but if one uses the postal service to do it it become a serious criminal matter.
Old 03-13-2011, 05:30 AM
kdc

Name & shame him! ( but be absolutely sure you state the facts accurately ) Sounds very much like someone referred to before on this forum.

You should be able to obtain a refund from a credit card company and they will also stop him from doing this again. ( depends on the law in the credit card country - check )
Old 03-13-2011, 08:19 AM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You're out of luck in any and all aspects of recovery. You waited years past any legal claim period expired.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:07 AM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Name and shame. Even if you can't get your money back it could stop others from ordering from him. There have been several on line hobby shops here that warnings have been posted. Now when I need something from an online dealer I try to always check here first with a search. Name the name. A lot of people start up a kit cutting places thinking it's a quick money maker then discover it is also a lot of work and close up shop pretty fast. I tried cutte4rs but discovered it was better to just cut my own kits. That way I don't have missing parts or bad wood.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:33 AM
nick.henderson

The reason that im reluctant to "name and shame", is that this post will be swiftly removed by admin. Im not out to trash his business, but merely to bring this to an amicable close.
Sure, im peed off, ive had my trust in dealing with supposedly a very well known company trashed and im fed up with all the hassle.
I realise that its been a stupidly long time to wait and by doing so ive lost the oppourtunity to claim via the payment company, but if someone gives you such stories as crashed computer, leaky roof, depression bouts, deaths of family members, need to get plans re-done, difficulty in sourcing oversize balsa (and theres more) it is rather heartless to put your foot down.
I will investigate some of the suggestions received further as theydo seem sensible.
Please keep the help coming.

Nick
Old 03-13-2011, 01:12 PM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: nick.henderson

The reason that im reluctant to ''name and shame'', is that this post will be swiftly removed by admin. Im not out to trash his business, but merely to bring this to an amicable close.
Sure, im peed off, ive had my trust in dealing with supposedly a very well known company trashed and im fed up with all the hassle.
I realise that its been a stupidly long time to wait and by doing so ive lost the oppourtunity to claim via the payment company, but if someone gives you such stories as crashed computer, leaky roof, depression bouts, deaths of family members, need to get plans re-done, difficulty in sourcing oversize balsa (and theres more) it is rather heartless to put your foot down.
I will investigate some of the suggestions received further as theydo seem sensible.
Please keep the help coming.

Nick
These problems may be genuine and many people have problems, however you would be best to make sure this has not happened to others and validate what he is saying is true. If he has done this to others then he should not be in business.

Only so many excuses can fly. If you want to help him through his problems that is your business. It does seem that you had a legitimate business deal (however, one without any recourse) with him and he needs to uphold his end, or you forgive his debt and move on. Just get someone else to cut out your kits.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:59 PM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

There is no amicable close with a thief. If he was simply having problems getting production out, he would tell you that and offer a refund. If he stopped talking to you when you started asking for your money, the only possible explanation is that he has stolen from you. He's been stringing you along until it was too late to file a complaint, and now that you've finally realized that he has stolen from you he is not going to talk to you any more. This person is not going to send you any parts and he is not going to refund your money.

I've read a few threads like this over the last few years, and the one common theme is companies asking for payment up front with the promise of delivering goods much later. That is a definite sign that the company is not legitimate. Most credit cards in the US have a 90 day limit to dispute charges, so if they can get you to wait that long your first recourse is gone. The longer after that you wait the less you remember the loss. Some people won't even ask for their stuff after a while because they forget about ordering it or just don't care. A legitimate business may need to take a deposit on a one off project to make sure you are serious, but anyone who wants you to pay before they do anything is suspect.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:33 PM
Gray Beard

By not naming names it makes it impossable for any of us to do a check on there past history. If the history is marked with bad press then we can post warnings here. Otherwise it's just you making a silly post for no reason. So far your looking like a fool, a nice one but still a fool. See the problem.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:17 PM
heavy metal thunder

I agree with all the others and name and shame him, if he has a web site let us all know. If you problem is real, he will have plenty of opportunity to respond. We all have to work together to squeeze these people out of 'business'.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:18 AM
LesUyeda
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you can find a person that lives in the same area as he. get that person to pay him a personal visit.

Les
Old 03-14-2011, 06:59 AM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

Name the guy. It happens quite often in this forum and the mods don't delete it. It's good to have a heads up on who we might want to watch a little closer than we normally would.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:53 AM
nick.henderson

As an update for you all, please see attatched.

Hello xxxxxxx,

you do not seem to have received my last mails asking you to contact myself, either that or you are just plain avoiding me.

Yesterday i started a thread on RC Universe forum asking the members for advice on how i should proceed with you. No mention whatsoever has been made of your company name.

However, the majority of replies are telling me to "name and shame" you.

This is your last chance xxxxxxx to respond and start dealing with the problem.

The thread is under Airplanes, Questions and Answers, headed Non delivery after 3 year wait.

Please respond within the next 24 hrs or i shall do as the forum members are asking me to.

Yours
Nick Henderson

This mail was sent earlier today so stay tuned for the outcome!!
Old 03-14-2011, 08:53 AM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Nick,

I hope you get the response you are seeking. However, I have a hunch that if you do reveal the name of this kit cutter is is not going to be a surprise to many of us. Most of the time these guys have a looooong history of this kind of "customer service" and there are probably already multiple threads on this site about said kit cutter. Best of luck and don't give up!
Old 03-15-2011, 04:26 AM
kdc

I don't think you should accept the idea that it is too late to claim against the credit card company......it depends on the country. If this credit card was a British one I am sure they would be forced to refund the money if no goods have been received even now. Maybe the the card was from France the situation may be the same , or may not. It's the issuing credit card company country that counts, not where the supplier is located. ( people here claim against foreign hotels etc when something goes wrong. British law prevails for British credit cards) And it also depends on the amount.....more seems better responsibility from the credit card company.
Just trying to get a refund will set alarm bells at the credit card company and help stop future swindles. Dont give up ... it will help others too.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:48 AM
nick.henderson

Hello all,

well the 24hrs has passed and as i last resort i tried phoning but was re-directed to a message saying " no calls are being accepted on this no. at the moment"

The company is Kit Cutters run by Michael Cornell/ Michael Neal.

Chad. you are a very astute man, having ran a search yesterday, he appears quite a lot. However i do think that i can claim the "longest wait" at currently 40 months!!!!!!!!!

I refuse to accept the "writing it off to experience" approach, i will continue to pursue this via all means possible, thanks for the advice kdc, to not give up on contacting the credit card issuer.

Although i am nothing but an anonomymous poster on this forum, if you can be bothered, please drop Michael a mail on Northrop61@aol. com urging him to do the decent thing and resolve this.
Failing this do any of you live near him?

Charming man, reasonable to good quality kits but no customer service, every excuse in the book, irresponsible, etc etc etc.

Any future customers be fully warned.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:35 PM
Gray Beard

ORIGINAL: nick.henderson

Hello all,

well the 24hrs has passed and as i last resort i tried phoning but was re-directed to a message saying '' no calls are being accepted on this no. at the moment''

The company is Kit Cutters run by Michael Cornell/ Michael Neal.

Chad. you are a very astute man, having ran a search yesterday, he appears quite a lot. However i do think that i can claim the ''longest wait'' at currently 40 months!!!!!!!!!

I refuse to accept the ''writing it off to experience'' approach, i will continue to pursue this via all means possible, thanks for the advice kdc, to not give up on contacting the credit card issuer.

Although i am nothing but an anonomymous poster on this forum, if you can be bothered, please drop Michael a mail on Northrop61@aol. com urging him to do the decent thing and resolve this.
Failing this do any of you live near him?

Charming man, reasonable to good quality kits but no customer service, every excuse in the book, irresponsible, etc etc etc.

Any future customers be fully warned.
Just kit cutters or kit cutters inc?
Old 03-15-2011, 07:17 PM
P-Y

It's not kit cutters inc.
Kit cutters inc's website is www.kitcutterS.com
Michael Neal's website is www.kitcutter.com
FYI, I found 2 other threads of people having the same issue on RCuniverse:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_97...tm.htm#9738911
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_97..._1/key_/tm.htm
It looks like he's a crook...

Good luck!
Old 03-15-2011, 08:34 PM
Soaring Steve

I think we should all email bomb him until he either refunds the money or produces the kit. Clog his email.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:44 PM
Gray Beard

Henderson, looks like this nasty nose picker has been pulling this stunt for a very long time. Just doing a small search I found a number of threads with people having the same problem. Seems he takes there money and holds them off for as long as he can so it is hard to get there money back. You can report him to his local better business bureau and file a complaint. You can contact one of the mods like RCKen and see if there can be anything that can be done here besides name and shame.
One big problem I have seen here over the years is people order items first then after there is a problem they post up here asking what to do. A warning to all new people to RCU is do the search before you order anything. There is so much info here if people would just do the search first then ask questions.
I have had problems in the past with a kit cutter and it put me off from ever using one again. It takes me about a day to cut my own but it's less of a problem then looking for missing parts and looking at bad or warped wood.
After 3 years??? I haven't a clue but here is another post that people will find if they do a search.
Don't get had by a low life scam artist, do a search before you pay out any money. If you can, don't pay out any money until you get the word the product is ready to ship. If you don't get it in a week file the complaint right away with who ever you used to do the pay out before it's too late.
Old 03-16-2011, 03:17 AM
kdc

I notice his website names a lot of the most respected US designers. Perhaps they should be informed that this man is using their names to promote his business and suggest that they would not want to be connected with him. Let them know of this and other threads!
Old 03-16-2011, 04:11 AM
Oberst
Banned

I get pissed if I don't get the kit in a month after a order. 3 years? You're just not right Man.

Pete
Old 03-16-2011, 05:01 AM
SCOTT42

I personally think what the guy needs is a good a*# kicking! If you dont mind me asking, just how much money did he get from you? I know its wrong no matter how much it was.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:37 AM
nick.henderson

Hello everyone,

kdc, you seem to have all the good ideas that ive overlooked. I have brought this thread to the attention of another site that advertises his kits but only yesterday.

Oberst, well you are fully entitled to your opinion that im not right. id put it down to being too nice, very occupied with being self employed, believing the endless list of excuses,and life in general pushing modelling to the back of the "to do" list.

Scott 42, he doesnt need a good arse xxxxxxx, he needs what i cant print here. Being here in France and him over there does wind me up, but thats life. Thats why i asked above if anyone reading this lived near him, id gladly pay expenses!!! In total about 700 US for the kit that has never arrived and 900US for the kit that was delivered incorrect scale.

Hes still not answering phone calls and still not e-mailing me.
Old 03-16-2011, 02:30 PM
GREG DOE

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Give us an address? I'm sure there is someone out there who would be willing to camp out on his door step,
until he sends you your kit, or a refund.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.