Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Decals

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 04:32 PM
mrcoolpop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Decals

I'v been searching many threads about customs decal that was posted a few months ago with no luck. I am looking to get some decals made with my name so I can put them on my planes. Do anyone know of a company that has this service?
Old 06-26-2011, 05:00 PM
hudmun

Default RE: Decals

I work at a sign shop and i have made a few vinyl logos and letters and #'s and stuff like that but i have noticed the glow fuel gets under them and they do not last all that long. I put them oposite the pipe and they last alot longer. Some one had the idea to seal them once they are applied( so fuel cannot get underneath them) but i have never tryed.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:04 PM
Campgems

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is a ink jet water slide decal paper. Design your own andprint it out. It uses a clear spray, Ithink it was Krylon, for setting the ink. The spray is supposed to be fuel proof also, so that should work. This is all stuff I've read over the last couple years, but never tried. I just looked at my book marks and the link I haveis a goner. Check for water slide decals and see what pops up.

Don

Old 06-26-2011, 07:39 PM
Ram360
My Feedback: (4)

b&e graphics can do anything you want.
Old 06-26-2011, 10:05 PM
radius1x1

Hey Cool, I've been making my own decals for years on a color laser printer... well wort the investment if you are doing a lot of decals. You can also print your own using an Ink Jet. Papilo " http://www.texascraft.com/hps/home " has the best quality papers Clear, White, Sticky-back vinyl, or water-slide; Inkjet or laser. If you use an InkJet Printer, you will need to coat the finished decals with Krylon Crystal clear. That's why I bought a color laser.
One caveat; no printer can print "WHITE". If you need white on a clear background go to Callie Graphic at " http://www.callie-graphics.com/airplanes.php " or CFC Graphics at " http://www.cfcgraphics.com/flyingcircus.html ".
Good luck!
Old 06-27-2011, 07:14 AM
mrcoolpop

Ok, I think i'll start printing my one since i have the printer already. Again, thanks to all once again for all the good info.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:35 AM
dredhea
My Feedback: (13)

I've actually made custom decals on plain printer paper, glued them on with an Elmer's Glue stick and then sprayed Clear LustreKote over them. They lasted longer than the plane did(which, in a couple of cases may not be saying much).
Old 06-27-2011, 04:40 PM
bingo field

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got a small set from Testors, waterslide decal paper with the software to make stuff with. It comes with a little can of some spray, use it sparingly, as too much can cause the ink to run.

I did the graphic and text for this.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw66775.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	1628519