Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Another Chinese Turbine? (HobbyKing)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Another Chinese Turbine? (HobbyKing)

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 07:03 AM
erazz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Chinese Turbine? (HobbyKing)

From their blog:
26/08/2011 6:09:31 PM
HobbyKing turbine T2 Test Prototype 3.
Ready for production.
It wont be long before we will have these on our site and ready to ship!
Old 08-26-2011, 07:09 AM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Another Chinese Turbine? (HobbyKing)

There goes the neighborhood.
Old 08-26-2011, 07:19 AM
David Jackson
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If it runs anything like the outrunner motor I purchased from them this year, just throw your money in the fire.[8D]
Old 08-26-2011, 09:15 AM
basimpsn
My Feedback: (5)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The starter cover and case looks good. Now they need internal parts
Old 08-26-2011, 09:37 AM
ianober
My Feedback: (12)

Hmmmm, interesting.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:51 AM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

ORIGINAL: David Jackson

If it runs anything like the outrunner motor I purchased from them this year, just throw your money in the fire.[8D]
Lol that's how the turbine runs, there is no combustion chamber, just an electric motor spinning something that resekbles a compressor and turbine wheel. Best part is when you run it backwards you can actually hear the devil talking to you lmao
Old 08-26-2011, 11:06 AM
dsr71
My Feedback: (171)

to bad they don't just take there time and try to build a good working turbine and shock everyone me included
Old 08-26-2011, 11:07 AM
Wap4life
My Feedback: (3)

i will buy one!
Old 08-26-2011, 01:22 PM
bigplumbs
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So just why do people pre judge and assume it will be no good. I have received many many excellent products from Hobby King
Old 08-26-2011, 02:29 PM
dsr71
My Feedback: (171)

i have to ,just sayin hope they take there time and work any bugs out before they market just a fire starter
Old 08-26-2011, 02:39 PM
highhorse
My Feedback: (2)

Received 93 Likes on 49 Posts

ORIGINAL: bigplumbs

So just why do people pre judge and assume it will be no good. I have received many many excellent products from Hobby King
Because many of us have recieved JUNK from HK, and the only thing wose than their JUNK is their non-existant customer service.
Old 08-26-2011, 02:51 PM
RCJetBazz

ORIGINAL: highhorse

Because many of us have recieved JUNK from HK, and the only thing wose than their JUNK is their non-existant customer service.
Can't agree more, both LiPo and LiFe from HK grew fat and became useless from sitting on the shelve, while bootlegged Deans are tight though without metal contacting.

Be ready for their fine Chinese products to cause a total termination to our RC Jet Flying rights!

Old 08-26-2011, 03:58 PM
GerKonig

I have been using their batteries (HK) for over 4 years now. Never a problem. The first batch lasted 3 years, same as the one I purchased from Hobby-Lobby for 3 times the price. Second batch still running. Controllers and motors, all still running.

But this is completely irrelevant because it is not the same factory that will manufacture the turbine. Like it or not, it is a game changer, and mark my words, you will notice a drop in the price of other brands when these come out.

Silver lining? Of course, getting more people in the hobby is a good thing. More models sold, eventually the newcomers might progress past the HK turbine, and get other brands. Let's face it, it will help the hobby.

Gerry
PS: Said that, they will have to do something about Customer Service, but all they need is a US firm to Rep for them:-)
Old 08-26-2011, 06:21 PM
geeter
My Feedback: (110)

if it's anything like there orange rx's forget it no matter what it costs...........RON
Old 08-26-2011, 07:48 PM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

ORIGINAL: GerKonig

I have been using their batteries (HK) for over 4 years now. Never a problem. The first batch lasted 3 years, same as the one I purchased from Hobby-Lobby for 3 times the price. Second batch still running. Controllers and motors, all still running.

But this is completely irrelevant because it is not the same factory that will manufacture the turbine. Like it or not, it is a game changer, and mark my words, you will notice a drop in the price of other brands when these come out.

Silver lining? Of course, getting more people in the hobby is a good thing. More models sold, eventually the newcomers might progress past the HK turbine, and get other brands. Let's face it, it will help the hobby.

Gerry
PS: Said that, they will have to do something about Customer Service, but all they need is a US firm to Rep for them:-)

Right, like jet joe, big game changer, really affected the other companies. There are many good hk experiences, but there are a ton of bad too. Bad turbines will be an issue to the hobby. I hope they are good engines but if they are like my personal hk experiences they'll be garbage
Old 08-26-2011, 07:56 PM
RCER88
My Feedback: (25)

The HK customer service works if you would take the time to read the web page and do as it states. EVERY issue I have had was taken care of in a satisfactory manner. Did it take some time YES! It did work though.

I see this time and time again people complain about the customer service and did not even comply with the directions on the website. Serves you right. Then you come into forums and whine. Why don't ya grow up and learn how to follow directions you will be amazed.

They do things differently and you are dealing with a different culture. You have to consider that too. Also the time difference they are twelve hours ahead of the East coast of the US.

HK sells some excellent products as many items are made in the same factories as the "name brand" high dollar stuff many of you swear by. I know better. I have done my homework and know I can get just as good stuff for a bargain price. I can put up with the differences in cultures and the delays at times. In the long run to me it is worth it. I have saved thousands of dollars in the last few years and received very good products and service.

You get much farther with the CS people if you are kind and considerate instead of acting like a jerk. The phone people for the most part are for order support not technical issues. Go into the forums and there is much information on many things there. The owners read some sections of the forums on a regular basis and have placed numerous comments about things in the forums.

If you take the time to learn how they do things and follow the directions you can get SATISFACTION every time.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:00 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: RCER88

The HK customer service works if you would take the time to read the web page and do as it states. EVERY issue I have had was taken care of in a satisfactory manner. Did it take some time YES! It did work though.

I see this time and time again people complain about the customer service and did not even comply with the directions on the website. Serves you right. Then you come into forums and whine. Why don't ya grow up and learn how to follow directions you will be amazed.

They do things differently and you are dealing with a different culture. You have to consider that too. Also the time difference they are twelve hours ahead of the East coast of the US.

HK sells some excellent products as many items are made in the same factories as the "name brand" high dollar stuff many of you swear by. I know better. I have done my homework and know I can get just as good stuff for a bargain price. I can put up with the differences in cultures and the delays at times. In the long run to me it is worth it. I have saved thousands of dollars in the last few years and received very good products and service.

You get much farther with the CS people if you are kind and considerate instead of acting like a jerk. The phone people for the most part are for order support not technical issues. Go into the forums and there is much information on many things there. The owners read some sections of the forums on a regular basis and have placed numerous comments about things in the forums.

If you take the time to learn how they do things and follow the directions you can get SATISFACTION every time

My take on HK is that dealing with themis a gamble, I have never ordered from them and based on what I hear about them I wont. It seems that inthe
last six months or sothere have been a lot of complaints more so than before, Even some folks at my field or starting to have problems with them.

My take on HK is they make up for their low prices by providing very poor cust service and sometimes poor quality products and in some cases it
appears they have outright ripped off some of their customers.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:06 PM
highhorse
My Feedback: (2)

Received 93 Likes on 49 Posts

I see this time and time again people complain about the customer service and did not even comply with the directions on the website. Serves you right
. Then you come into forums and whine. Why don't ya grow up and learn how to follow directions you will be amazed.

HK sells some excellent products as many items are made in the same factories as the ''name brand'' high dollar stuff many of you swear by. I know better. I have done my homework and know I can get just as good stuff for a bargain price. I can put up with the differences in cultures and the delays at times. In the long run to me it is worth it. I have saved thousands of dollars in the last few years and received very good products and service.

If you take the time to learn how they do things and follow the directions you can get SATISFACTION every time.
That is the most arrogant post I have seen in a very long time, and given the nature of some of the posters here, that is really saying something.
Serves me right? How can you possibly say that? Do you have any clue what my experiences have been? Have you spoken to me, emailed me, or had any other contact with me? NO, you most certainly have not.

And yet you dare to villify a fellow jet RC-er on the basis of ZERO information regarding his experiences as you stand on your pulpit and insist that a failed HK customer service experience is the fault of a customer who has somehow not managed to "grow up"? Seriously? SERIOUSLY? What. Ev. Er. You know it all when pontificating from behind your keyboard, a thousand miles away, huh?

There is a definition for you sir:
SHILL (shl) Slang, n. One who poses as a satisfied customer or an enthusiastic gambler to dupe bystanders into participating in a swindle.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:32 PM
14MHz

geeze just bought one to try it out. Was the failsafe disabled? What happened?
ORIGINAL: geeter

if it's anything like there orange rx's forget it no matter what it costs...........RON
Old 08-26-2011, 09:42 PM
RCER88

Here is what I find in many cases. Because I ask.

1. did you return the item using the procedure outlined in the website?

2. Some people short out a lipo when changing the plug then complain the battery is no good. easy to do I have done it but that was my mistake. I did not blame HK because I screwed up. Come on now be honest. I cut the end and went in and resoldered the broken solder joint and fixed the battery it has worked now for two years I never complained or whined.

I have followed the rules and returned items to china and guess what I got a new replacement on one item and credit for a motor that was no longer going to be carried.

Many people who complain do not take the time to send the stuff back making excuses. "It will cost more than it is worth. I won't get anything anyway why waste my time?"

It is easier to complain and whine than do the work. If you did the work and did not get any satisfaction then go into the forums on HK and start a thread in the appropriate field. Post the RMA number and what happened with dates and any emails. You will get a response and maybe even one from the owner.

So yes if you do not follow the procedures I have every right to say "serves you right". The ALLEGED ripoffs are people that did follow the proper procedures for a return. Had they done the work they would have gotten a replacement or credit. The system does work. I have used it. SO calling me arrogant is not warranted.

I told the truth and if you can't handle it I am very sorry. My experiences have been very good with HK for over three years now.

The truth no matter how ugly is still the truth. Telling the truth is NEVER arrogant. IT is being HONEST and SINCERE.

Honesty and sincerity becoming rarer every day. In this age of instant gratification if one does not get their way immediately they throw a hissy fit. I have no remorse for my previous post because it is truthful and honest. Sorry if you can not handle it.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:43 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

Every time i have ever went to HK to order something (typically some item that was going to go in an airplane that would probably get thrashed within a few flights, like a combat plane) they were ALWAYS out of stock of what i needed. take for instance, they have a very nice 70mm EDF Viperjet for $168.. its been out of stock the day after it was debut'd and that was 4+ months ago. They have now shown photo's of another very nice 90MM EDF viperjet that will be aroud $250.. again, it'll be out of stock for months after the first batch has gone through.

So luckily, with the smaller over-all sales of turbines in general, i doubt their pricing is going to be $500 for a 20lb thrust turbine, if it was under $2,000 i'd be amazed. And even then, their is king-tech which has a growing following behind it, and it is economically priced and supported here in the US and other parts of the world. so unless HK can get some sort of support for their turbine other than "learning to read the directions" of their customer support, I would be surprised and impressed if it was of higher quality of the Jet-Junk... err Jet Joe turbine's and became a viable and reliable turbine.

We have seen it before, and its only going to keep happening with the economy the way it is and the chinese being able to copy any and everything without any legal repercussions.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:45 PM
jetster81

I have been a Hobby king customer for a couple of years now and I would say that I am about 95% happy with my purchases which include Lipos,motors, esc's etc, having said that I am very selective in what I buy and try to select oem stuff where possible and there are a huge number of items I would not even consider. I have adopted the philosophy 'be prepared to throw it away' if a product is not fit for use as it is genereally not worth the cost to return. I read that HK are making some progress in improving the quality control of the products they sell and now have reps in some of the factories overseeing production which is a step forward and are opening warehouses around the globe which will make returns a little easier hopefully.
There is no doubt that Hobby King has had a massive impact on our sport and on our LHStores ,I still try to buy as much from my local shop as I can as do not want to see it go under but I know they are under enormous pressure but the sometimes insanely low prices on offer from HK makes it very hard to resist even if there is some risk.
With regards the turbine I will not be investing in one until it is proven and more importantly there is a service and repair network that means I can speak to someone and the unit does not have to be shipped outside of my continent. It will also need to be technilogically up to date and not a copy of an old design. It would be nice to be pleasantly surprised.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:47 PM
bigplumbs
Banned

2. Some people short out a lipo when changing the plug then complain the battery is no good. easy to do I have done it but that was my mistake. I did not blame HK because I screwed up. Come on now be honest. I cut the end and went in and resoldered the broken solder joint and fixed the battery it has worked now for two years I never complained or whined.

I have followed the rules and returned items to china and guess what I got a new replacement on one item and credit for a motor that was no longer going to be carried.

Many people who complain do not take the time to send the stuff back making excuses. ''It will cost more than it is worth. I won't get anything anyway why waste my time?''

It is easier to complain and whine than do the work. If you did the work and did not get any satisfaction then go into the forums on HK and start a thread in the appropriate field. Post the RMA number and what happened with dates and any emails. You will get a response and maybe even one from the owner.

So yes if you do not follow the procedures I have every right to say ''serves you right''. The ALLEGED ripoffs are people that did follow the proper procedures for a return. Had they done the work they would have gotten a replacement or credit. The system does work. I have used it. SO calling me arrogant is not warranted.

I told the truth and if you can't handle it I am very sorry. My experiences have been very good with HK for over three years now.

The truth no matter how ugly is still the truth. Telling the truth is NEVER arrogant. IT is being HONEST and SINCERE.

Honesty and sincerity becoming rarer every day. In this age of instant gratification if one does not get their way immediately they throw a hissy fit. I have no remorse for my previous post because it is truthful and honest. Sorry if you can not handle it.

Well said indeed and at least you did not degrade yourself as the embarrassing post made by highhorse
Old 08-26-2011, 10:07 PM
RCER88

Many people who complain do not take the time to send the stuff back making excuses. ''It will cost more than it is worth. I won't get anything anyway why waste my time?''

So yes if you do not follow the procedures I have every right to say ''serves you right''. The ALLEGED ripoffs are people that did follow the proper procedures for a return. Had they done the work they would have gotten a replacement or credit. The system does work. I have used it. SO calling me arrogant is not warranted.

Well said indeed and at least you did not degrade yourself as the embarrassing post made by highhorse

Thanks!
Old 08-26-2011, 10:20 PM
FILE IFR

I have received many many excellent products from Hobby King

Judging from your statement, your standards of high quality most likely differ from the general public... IMHO.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.