Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 12:40 AM
ScottHarp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Hi guys!!!

Been a while since I have posted, just a couple of things.

I have a shipment of front end parts for the Volcano coming. Steering blocks and "door type mounts".

I have also contacted Redcat to check into the pricing info on some of the newly listed parts. I will get back to you as soon as I hear from them.
Old 04-16-2006, 12:51 AM
futabaed

go ahead use the 15 to 18 nitro [X(]
Old 04-16-2006, 03:34 AM
shadymarkny

stewtheman: You just don't understand man..www.anthonyshobbyshop.com is the one of the only place I shop for my Redcat parts. They still ship it from AZ. The fact is that MY DHL has take 7 days for ground shipping?? UPS ground from CA took 5 days ok? You don't know what you are talking about. FedEX is just as fast too but only through express. UPS Ground is faster the DHL. Its fact. I order something the same day I order one of my redcat parts and they both shiped out the same day, Weired but its truth. At the end, the package from CA trhough UPS got here before my RedCat parts did. I check the shipping status and it was sitting in UT for at least ONE day before it got move on.. ITS BS !! So you going to tell me that DHL is fast?? You are wrong because Anthonyshobby IS the closest to me but it does NOT mean he ships it from SC. OK?

BY THE WAY, YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE YOUR TRUCK YET!! COME TALK TO ME ABOUT IT AGAIN IN 2 WEEKS.. SEE IF YOU CHANGE YOUR MIND.
Old 04-16-2006, 07:36 AM
naviuk

Hi All

Well i see some people are getting edgy again!

Stewtheman - i guess your name says it all... I reckon you best be stepping down from the almighty high horse you on, you are very quick to talk but yet you haven't even got your truck yet??? you haven't even opened the box and started it up so i think it might be worth while if you start it up and use it for a few weeks before strapping on the armour and heading out into battle... I see the arguments from both sides but i also see that the same exhaust doing the samething from one day to the next costs a extra 20-30 bucks! now i dunno about there but meatal doesn;t jump in price like that over night, they wanna hear the good and bad and it's in peoples nature to make sure you know the bad. that the world, sorry if you only woke up to that now, A forum is ment for discussion's and help, not tea parties and cake. anyway enough of this rambling on, go run your truck and then come speak... i won't lie you are one eager beaver for upgrades...

http://www.anthonyshobbyshop.com hasn't got very good prices either, so i think the typo's error theory is out the window, the exhaust there is $79.99!!! well i think i'll stick to none-redcat parts for the exhaust upgrade.
I recently got my hands on a traxxas radio system with high torque steering servo and basically changed out the entire system, What a difference, the truck turns on a 1pound coin! it's alot better i also learned that these frequencys are the same as a wireless mouse as i was having interfernce when testing and i realsied my mouse on my laptop was going insane, afer i turned it off, the truck ran GREAT, I did have abit of a issue getting the failsafe and reciever in the box so now the failsafe is superglued to the top and i'll do the ballon trick when i get home from holiday.

Cheers
Pierre

Old 04-16-2006, 09:15 AM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow stewtheman, you dont even have the truck yet, run it a few times, have the radio not work, the gears strip, and clutch spring break all within a tank or two and post then. How can you post about a product you dont even own yet or have used?? I have been in this hobby for many years and have never had these things happen in such a small amount of time, i have replaced more parts on these redcats in 2 months than i have on my other cars combined. I am just posting an opinion about a product i have and the company i have dealt with. Havent you noticed how redcat is only interested in the $$$$, now there's an afiliate program to make cashola!!! Anyone can basically be a dealer, all you need is an email address. Effortless promotion for their company. Every other distributor does a credit, background check before they deal with you, i know since i am thinking of opening a store in a couple of months.
Old 04-16-2006, 09:54 AM
futabaed

Old 04-16-2006, 10:18 AM
naviuk

Hi,

i'm not one to kick a man when he is down but i think Stewtheman has become stewtheboy and had a one heck of a fall from that big horse of his...

Look in all honesty we are all here to help eachother, guys like Entity and Xeller8 have helped me through my times, I've actually made some good friends off this forum and i have gone from knowing sweet bugger all to being able to at least strip my truck and put it back together and get it too run afterwards, So once again not to repeat myself, Run your truck, have a few problems get frustrated and then come hollow this side... i wait with baited breathe for your first complaint.

Just remember you cannot know a mans situation till you have walked a mile in his shoes....

Cheers

ORIGINAL: futabaed

As for stewtheman I belive you are trying to stew us all and I say:Get your truck first deal with there service ,quilty & part price hikes of about double then boast about how great they are,till then Quiet in the back seat before I pull the car over
Old 04-16-2006, 11:54 AM
shadymarkny

He is right man.. Just gota run your truck for a day and come back to this fourm. See what kinda problems you have.
Old 04-16-2006, 10:56 PM
cocheese

What up guys? 5th tank of gas and broke one of the rear hubs (and a clutch spring, no big deal) The rear hubs are junk. Where can I get some aluminum hubs. Who makes similar ones?... by the way, can everyone stop complaining about shipping? Someone open a new forum called "Redcat Shipping Issues" and complain all day long!!!!
Old 04-17-2006, 12:12 AM
bluecaka69

heres a question for eveybody what in the world is redcat thinking selling aluminum arms for volcano and tornado priced at over 100 and aluminum for hurricane is only 49.99 duh hurricane is bigger doesnt that mean more aluminum than what a tornado and volcano would need any body with a bright idea let me know thanks

ADDED: THIS WAS AN ERROR SEE LATER NOTE. ALL PRICES ARE ADJUSTED CORRECT. DARIN REDCAT
Old 04-17-2006, 01:19 PM
shadymarkny

Yeah My clutch spring broke after 3rd tank of gas too. I am still waiting on it to come in the mail. Sucks but oh well.. I am trying this clutch that other guy told me about. Tower Hobbies has DuraTrax Street Force GP manufacturer stock#DTXC7156 . I heard it fits and works better the stock ones. Also I would probably get rid of the stock radio system right away and replace with something better. Those radios seems to have problems in a long range. I use the Airtronic MX-A and it runs a lot better then the stock one. Turns better, stops better and also works very good in long range.
I also want to tell people that if anyone looking for alum wheel nut, this HPI Thin Aluminum Wheel Nut Purple (5) manufacturer stock#Z678. Thos fits the Volcano STX.

PS. Does anyone know what other truck tires will fit that Volcano STX? Thanks!!

Below: My truck with a different body on it. Once I get all my alum parts in, ill put up more pictures.. [8D]

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15959.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	446767   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay73706.jpg
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	446768   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg15951.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	446769  
Old 04-17-2006, 06:37 PM
eze98032

Can somebody tell me what is the right lenght dogbone (axel) for the front side. Is it the 83mm or the 70mm.?? Thanks for the help
Old 04-17-2006, 06:40 PM
bluecaka69

83mm the 70 mm is for the front throttle goes from the gear box to the the tranny
Old 04-17-2006, 07:06 PM
eze98032

Thanks for the help. After catching up on the forum I would have to say the service and help that you can get directly from red cat isn't the best but that is why I ask all my questions on the forum. It's great to get the answers that way. I just cant stand waiting 2 weeks to get parts. I have found some of the parts else where, but they don't have them all.
Old 04-17-2006, 07:07 PM
shadymarkny

They cut down the price for the alum parts now.. Finally its more reasonable.. They must had the wrong price up there or something man.. [8D]

Name:	Lj21782.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	446959  
Old 04-18-2006, 12:07 AM
jcam54

Check out Dennis/Chubbysdad at www.clermontmotorsports.com He has had everything that I have ever needed after bashin the heck out of my truck....AAAAAAAAAAAAAA++++++++++++++++++++ sevice tooo!
Old 04-18-2006, 01:21 AM
shadymarkny

Hell yeah they do.. I have gotten stuff from him. He is fast !!
Old 04-18-2006, 09:35 AM
RedcatRacing

I was just able to login and get an internet connection in China. Man interent sucks here.

I see all the posts about pricing on the aluminum parts. Obviously a glitch.

I get back on the 25th and get this fixed. No clue how or why they were so high but they look like they lowered them but in my mind not lowered enough.

Dont worry, we will fix this. We use a big back end computer system and one little error will cause wrong pricing.

Darin
Old 04-18-2006, 09:43 AM
shadymarkny

Great man.. Its nice if its even lower but its still better then before though..
Old 04-18-2006, 11:17 AM
RedcatRacing

Ok I got with our purchasing manager to fix all the errors on pricing on aluminum parts.

There was a problem when they were all received which caused the pricing to go nuts on the alum. parts. All are fixed now.

Sorry for problem and thanks for understanding.

Darin
Old 04-18-2006, 11:29 AM
nitrosteve22

Nice job Darin. So whats your (or anyone elses) opinion on the fancy exhaust pipe ya'll offer? $25 seems reasonable for a shiny tuned exhaust. Have you had the chance to try it out? Enhancement? Sounds? Does it come with a better manifold or just the pipe?

And the upgrade plank of engine (ie. purple engine mounts),do they come with the mounting screws? Lighter weight? Better quality?

Love my buggy btw,it takes a beat'in... But the engine doesnt like me very well lol. But of course the super erratic weather,my lack of patience and this engines ability to love to hate me might have something to do with it lol . What kind of crankshaft is this and what would I need to look for if I wanted to change the engine? I noticed the OS .15CV for example has a crank about as long as the VX.18 but instead of a alen screw that screws in to the crank it just has a crank nut that screws over the crank... Would that work just the same even for my 2 speed?

Thanks.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:34 AM
RedcatRacing

will get you answers very soon. I am in china and dont have access to parts. its late here and gotta sleep too.

Darin
Old 04-18-2006, 12:39 PM
shadymarkny

Guys check out the alum parts I got so far for my truck! I got more parts coming in this week so I will update the photo later on this week... One thing I do not like about this upper deck is that the eletric stuff are haning on the outside not being protected like it was. I also have the front and rear universial shaft too. The exhust pipe is awesome though and I swear to God the truck has more torq. . .

Name:	Ec88940.jpg
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	447294   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm37057.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	447295   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dj11726.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	447296  
Old 04-18-2006, 01:02 PM
Popper252

Is there no room for the electronics box? I'd never leave all that stuff out in the open like that. It's just asking for trouble.
Old 04-18-2006, 01:06 PM
bluecaka69

do you know if they make a box electronics see that is why i didnt order one yet cause when i looked at the pic i didnt see how it would fit with electronics box other than that it looks good

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.