Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

Anyone compare copperhead vs. airfoilz

Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Anyone compare copperhead vs. airfoilz

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 04:24 PM
leblanc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone compare copperhead vs. airfoilz

It probably would fly it, but not the way it should meant to be....

LeBlanc
Old 05-13-2006, 03:28 PM
AEROFUNRC

Old 05-13-2006, 09:17 PM
leblanc

Well, just came back from a big day of flying, it was quite windy today as well. And I am coming to conclusion that I am prefering to fly my airfoilz yak over the stiffy. Although the stiffy is just great to fly don't get me wrong on that but I am really struggling with the ailerons and flaps, I think it might be about the stiff ailerons. But anyways, I am done trimming my yak extensively and it's just great!! My stiffy still needs more work with programming though.

Can someone help me with the stiff ailerons? Maybe it will solve my problem. When I do full throw with them the servos are probably at full power to keep them there, and it sound horrible I don't like to hear servos struggling when there is no large amount of airflow over the surface...

Any help or tips would be appreciated!!

Thanks

LeBlanc
Old 05-14-2006, 09:22 AM
CopperheadAV

Leblanc,

Simple exercise the ailerons by hand and the stiffness will go away. Also, you do not need to program flaps into the plane to get it to do a tight waterfall ECT. The need to use flaps to get the job done occurs in planes that have to low of a wing loading or are to light such as flat plate. The Stiffy sets up just like every plane. Get the plane trimmed out, and then work on the motor thrust. Flip the plane inverted, if the nose goes up; add some up thrust to the motor.
Old 05-14-2006, 04:07 PM
elenasgrumpy
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: brad-a

I have the Copperhead Yak and it is a great plane. The thing I like about Tim and Copperhead Aviation is their honesty.
Just read any of the Airfoilz threads. They look more like an infomercial. For that reason alone I would not deal with them.

If you have a great product like the Stiffys you don,t need to shill.

I don't have any dealings with Copperhead Aviation, so I would not even think of saying anything negative about their product or their way of doing business. I have however had first-hand experience with Paul & his AirfoilZ Yak. I think they both have created the two nicest Foamies on the market today.
After a long time reading, watching & weighing out the two planes in my mind, I decided to go with the AirfoilZ & have absolutely no regrets.

I orginally ordered the Edge 540 at the introductry price wich is $10 less than the Yak. I then noticed that it was a pre-order purchase as the Edges were still in production & not going to be available for a few more weeks. This information was right there on the website when I placed my order, I just didn't bother to read the whole page carefully, totally my own fault not theirs. I called Paul after I noticed that the plane I ordered was not available yet. He told me, "no problem, I'd be happy to send you a Yak today if you want it". So he did, refusing to even charge the $10 price difference to my C.C. Just sent me the more expensive plane at the same price. Then after it arrived I didn't get around to opening & building it for about another month. When I did start to build it I noticed that I was missing just a few little parts. I contacted Paul again & he sent the parts out right away with no questions aked. If that isn't enough honesty & customer service for ya, last weekend I opened my email only to find a message from Paul informing me that I just won a free Edge 540!!
Woo-Hoo!!! I can't wait to get my hands on it.

So if you're worried about Paul's integrity, & his customer service policies, don't be. I have nothing but the highest regard for the way I have been treated by Paul & his company!! They are a top-shelf orginization as far as I am concerned.[sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 05-14-2006, 08:34 PM
Sewerdude
My Feedback: (20)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is the Extra Stiffy and the Yak in stock yet ? I read on the Copper website that they would be ready to ship Thursday the 11th. But when I tried to order, and clicked on the shopping cart, it said it was backordered. Does anybody know if their in stock or not? Thanks
Old 05-14-2006, 11:50 PM
Furyflyer2
My Feedback: (117)

ORIGINAL: elenasgrumpy

I don't have any dealings with Copperhead Aviation, so I would not even think of saying anything negative about their product or their way of doing business. I have however had first-hand experience with Paul & his AirfoilZ Yak. I think they both have created the two nicest Foamies on the market today.
After a long timing time reading, watching & weighing out the two planes in my mind, I decided to go with the AirfoilZ & have absolutely no regrets.

I orginally ordered the Edge 540 at the introductry price wich is $10 less than the Yak. I then noticed that it was a pre-order purchase as the Edges were still in production & not going to be available for a few more weeks. This information was right there on the website when I placed my order, I just didn't bother to read the whole page carefully, totally my own fault not theirs. I called Paul after I noticed that the plane I ordered was not available yet. He told me, "no problem, I'd be happy to send you a Yak today if you want it". So he did, refusing to even charge the $10 price difference to my C.C. Just sent me the more expensive plane at the same price. Then after it arrived I didn't get around to opening & building it for about another month. When I did start to build it I noticed that I was missing just a few little parts. I contacted Paul again & he sent the parts out right away with no questions aked. If that isn't enough honesty & customer service for ya, last weekend I opened my email only to find a message from Paul informing me that I just won a free Edge 540!!
Woo-Hoo!!! I can't wait to get my hands on it.

So if you're worried about Paul's integrity, & his customer service policies, don't be. I have nothing but the highest regard for the way I have been treated by Paul & his company!! They are a top-shelf orginization as far as I am concerned.[sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif]
Thanks for your kind words, I try to make my customers happy, even if it's at my exspense, which it usually is. BTW your new Edge is on the way!
Old 05-15-2006, 01:36 AM
leblanc

Ah man I want to win a free edge... lol

Although I am getting it pretty soon.

LeBlanc
Old 05-15-2006, 09:04 AM
novabill

ORIGINAL: Kaos Krazy

Is the Extra Stiffy and the Yak in stock yet ? I read on the Copper website that they would be ready to ship Thursday the 11th. But when I tried to order, and clicked on the shopping cart, it said it was backordered. Does anybody know if their in stock or not? Thanks

You need to call Tim and place the order over the phone. We have not changed the backorder status on the website because the phone orders are keeping us out of stock. It will probably be like this until we have the new space finished and can produce them fast enough to keep up with the demand.
Old 05-15-2006, 10:49 AM
elenasgrumpy

ORIGINAL: leblanc

Ah man I want to win a free edge... lol

Although I am getting it pretty soon.

LeBlanc

I hear ya brother, I was shocked to find that email. I never win anything, so that was very cool for me. Now I have to save some money for new electronics for it! Make sure you're registered so you have a shot at next month. Good luck, I hope you win one too!
Old 05-15-2006, 01:35 PM
Furyflyer2

Great news, Sky Hobbies of Singapore is our Airfoilz exclusive Singapore dealer. So if you need the Foilz be sure to let them know! www.skyhobbies.com.sg
Old 05-18-2006, 02:26 AM
elenasgrumpy

New Edge arrived today, what a great looking kit! I think I'm gonna try something with paint this time. Is there any certain type of paint that works well with foam, or any certain type to stay away from? I don't want to hurt the foam & don't what types of paint are foam safe, any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again Paul, this is awesome!! Really a sweet lookin kit!!
Old 05-18-2006, 08:00 AM
Furyflyer2

Any latex paint works great and is very light. Looking forward to seeing your paint scheme.

http://3dxhobbies.com
http://airfoilz.com
http://cnczone.com
Old 05-18-2006, 11:13 AM
elenasgrumpy

Latex it is then, the weight of the paint was something else I was wondering about. Thank you Sir.[sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 05-18-2006, 12:04 PM
jvigani

Krylon Short Cuts work fine and comes in small spray cans. You can buy them at Michaels. Just keep the can away from the foam while spraying so the propellant has a chance to dissipate.
Old 05-18-2006, 01:12 PM
Furyflyer2

That's one of many nice things about the Airfoiz you can totally customize them with great paint jobs.
Old 05-19-2006, 03:04 AM
brad-a

Or
You can buy a Copperhead plane, they already have great colour scheme,s
Old 05-19-2006, 09:26 AM
flyin_kid

the airfoilz planes have pretty good color schemes too.. you can pick 3 different colors you want your yaks graphics to be.. thats prettttyyy swweeeett
Old 05-19-2006, 10:58 AM
elenasgrumpy

You're right flyin kid. I used the graphics provided with my Yak & it came out very nice! I just want to try something a little different & original this time with the Edge. I'm not quite sure exactly what I'm gonna do yet, but I have a pretty good idea, the rest will just have to come to me as I do it. Unfortunately we no longer have a digital cam because someone decided they needed it more than us & stole it. [:@] So I don't have anyway to post pics anymore. Ill try to borrow one though after I'm done with it.

jvigani, Thank you for the Krylon Shortcuts tip. We have a Michael's store here in town so I'll check it out. Think I'm gonna do something in blue & silver.
Old 05-19-2006, 03:10 PM
mikeygp
My Feedback: (6)

Here are a couple of pictures of my AirfoilZ's with the stock graphics. I think they look great!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xu62445.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	463817   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up47976.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	463818  
Old 05-19-2006, 05:04 PM
leblanc

Hey guys,

I know this is a little off subject, but I am looking for some advise to make my landing gear on my yak better than what it currently is. The problem right now is that with the tension of the landing gear on the wood that supports the gear opened up and now There is one side of the landing more for than the other. So I put some 1/16 balsa and 6 min epoxy to fill up the gap, and it worked for a while, all the way until I had a hard landing, and now the other side is out. I tried to do the same thing but now the wood wont stop flatning from the pressure of the gear...

Any tips? I know that the gear will permenantly stay on, even while landing in grass, so finding a way to glue it is not out of the picture.

I'll try to see if there's enough room on my stepfather's camera for at least one photo and i'll try and post it later.

Thanks

LeBlanc
Old 05-22-2006, 01:06 PM
leblanc

I found a way t o fix it. A bunch of little things I did.

Thanks

LeBlanc
Old 05-27-2006, 09:42 AM
mikeygp
My Feedback: (6)

Here is my Video of my AirfoilZ Yak!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIXHe_WQth4

ENJOY
Old 05-29-2006, 08:26 PM
JOyog

Why does shipping and handling cost soo much, $14.00, for an Airfoilz? Looking at the CH site and they only charge $4.38. Only problem is the extra is out of stock again.
Old 05-29-2006, 09:35 PM
Furyflyer2

ORIGINAL: JOyog

Why does shipping and handling cost soo much, $14.00, for an Airfoilz? Looking at the CH site and they only charge $4.38. Only problem is the extra is out of stock again.
The price is 5.00 handling + shipping for the Edge 540 that is the reason for the $14.00 shiping. I have them back in stock as of tonight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.