Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

cmp lancair

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 04:36 PM
jeffk464

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default cmp lancair

I was wondering if anyone has tried to make a speed plane out of the 59" cmp lancair. It looks like a fairly fast airframe to me, thin tapering wing with a fairly slick looking fuselage. I was thinking about putting a gms .47 propped with a apc 9x6, leaving all of the wheel pants/fairings of it and using pylon racing wheels. Anyone have any clue what kind of speeds I might get from this set up. My goal is to have a smooth flying, semi scale looking sport plane, with a top speed of around 100mph.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz76945.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	511476  
Old 08-22-2006, 04:37 PM
jeffk464

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: cmp lancair

I was thinking about these wheels
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85385.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	511480  
Old 08-22-2006, 08:30 PM
rconabudget

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure how fast this plane is. All I can tell you is it snaps at one hell of a rate. Far faster than any other plane I've flown.

Just beware that they are very "touchy"
Old 08-22-2006, 08:42 PM
juanpipito

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey, I had one, flew one and enjoyed it alot... one of the best flying planes i've had. I put in a os surpass 70 4-stroke with a 12x8 apc and it was whistling Faast. one small proplem should I say.....I had the wings clap on a turn. It was bad design the wings didnt clap in the center but right where the wing strut ends. Of course I lost the plane to a lake. Again it flies beautiful and track better than a mustang, but you cant push it to the limits or else. hope my advice is useful to you.