Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Stolen Planes

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 09:23 PM
PacificNWSkyPilot
My Feedback: (19)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Stolen Planes

Hi Guys,
Somebody broke in and stole my Spacewalker II and my Hogbipe. I attached photos of them here. The Hogbipe is Yellow and Blue, done in a Spacewalker sunburst theme too, powered with a Saito .91. The Spacewalker II is done in fabric and paint, it has full dashboards and has a Brison 2.4 on the nose, but no cowling on it. Pull-Pull Rudder, Channel 60 Rx in both. One loose windshield, I think. They didn't take the Spacewalker wing/gear, and stole a whole case full of my Saitos too. They also took a Gremlin with a Magnum .28 on it. And many thousands of dollars worth of other stuff, too. They loaded a truck.

If anybody sees these anywhere, please let me know. There shouldn't be another Hogbipe anywhere like it, but the Spacewalker II is absolutely like the original Spacewalker sunburst.

Thanks.

Jim
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82894.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	657253   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg15539.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	197.5 KB
ID:	657254  
Old 04-04-2007, 11:14 PM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Stolen Planes

Now that sucks big time. I hope that you have success in the recovery of your planes and engines. Good Luck, Dave
Old 04-05-2007, 07:41 AM
DEFORCER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow there are some real jerks out there, if anyone stole me planes i would introduce a bat to there face.
but thats just me.
good luck dude sorry about the losses.
try contacting members here that live in your state.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:18 AM
Munkster

ORIGINAL: Mainer_Jim

Hi Guys,
Somebody broke in and stole my Spacewalker II and my Hogbipe. I attached photos of them here. The Hogbipe is Yellow and Blue, done in a Spacewalker sunburst theme too, powered with a Saito .91. The Spacewalker II is done in fabric and paint, it has full dashboards and has a Brison 2.4 on the nose, but no cowling on it. Pull-Pull Rudder, Channel 60 Rx in both. One loose windshield, I think. They didn't take the Spacewalker wing/gear, and stole a whole case full of my Saitos too. They also took a Gremlin with a Magnum .28 on it. And many thousands of dollars worth of other stuff, too. They loaded a truck.

If anybody sees these anywhere, please let me know. There shouldn't be another Hogbipe anywhere like it, but the Spacewalker II is absolutely like the original Spacewalker sunburst.

Thanks.

Jim
Get the word out to al the clubs and hobby stores over their and New Hampshire
Old 04-05-2007, 10:43 AM
PacificNWSkyPilot

I've been sending out color Reward Posters all around. I'm crossing my fingers, but these things typically don't turn out well. If they are found, they're usually in pretty rough shape because the thieves don't care about them and will just stuff them anywhere. These idiots didn't even know enough to steal the WING of the Spacewalker II, so that tells you something about them. I've been thinking of sitting there with one of my guns and waiting for them, but it's still pretty cold here, in fact we just got another 12 to 14 inches of snow here last night. I think the odds are pretty good that they're going to come back and try for that wing.

I actually just rented a tractor-trailer body and had it delivered to my shop so I can take stuff out of there and store it, but just as the guy disconnected it from the rig the snowstorm hit. I can't get up to the house now, the driveway goes through a ravine and the road is really narrow. It's our summer-house. It used to be so nice because it was remote, now the remote areas are where the thieves concentrate their efforts.

The local Sheriff and Detective that fingerprinted the place told me to leave them enough to prosecute! I hope I'm in a position to make that choice.

Thanks for good words, Guys.

Jim
Old 04-05-2007, 11:19 AM
khodges
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Somebody's been scoping it out, don't you think? If it's that hard to get to and so remote, how would anybody know it's there (the r/c stuff). Did the guy who delivered your trailer see any of it? I hope you can get it back; seems like that stuff would be hard to get rid of, as it's pretty specialized and only r/c'ers would want it or have any desire to buy it. Unfortunately, that stuff has probably been fenced and the money is up somebody's nose by now. Good luck.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:42 PM
bhady

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep an eye on E-bay, most of these idiots aren't too bright. Local thieves around here often try to dispose of stolen prperty there thinking it's safe and won't be tracked. You might even get to meet them to "buy" your stuff back. Pay-back's a m.F.
bhady
Old 04-05-2007, 12:52 PM
heli_Rod

I was just thinkng..too bad the AMA doesn't have a stolen equipment bulletin board that goes out nation wide for people to list stolen equipment and is available for clubs, members and hobby shops to help keep an eye out for stolen items.

Most of our models are easily identified if they would happen to show up at a field.

Sorry about your loss. I hope you get your equipment back.[&o]

Rod
Old 04-05-2007, 06:30 PM
weathervane

Sorry about the bad news. I hope all turns out well in getting your planes back.

-Andrew
Old 04-05-2007, 07:46 PM
PacificNWSkyPilot

Yes, absolutely, I'm almost positive that they thought my planes were probably in the house. And I think they knew I wasn't around the area when they went in there, which would mean that they know me even better. In fact, I think I know who did it. I just can't prove it and I don't know where they would have put the goods. They're an extended family of thieves and unfortunately a clan of them live next door to my place of business, so they CAN monitor my comings and goings. I'm checking E-Bay and other places. I put out a $1,000.00 color reward poster for info leading to their arrest and conviction. Maine is really depressed, I'm counting on people who would turn in their granny for that much.

Jim
Old 04-05-2007, 07:57 PM
LANNYBOB

im going to hope that it was an april fools joke on you and they'll be returning them soon.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:48 PM
Munkster

I was also talking with my mother last night in Wolfboro,NH. They were getting snow and I'm here n 80degrees and shorts and no shirt. Ain't that a B___[X(]
Old 04-05-2007, 09:21 PM
BUDMAN27

I have made a mentle note and will keep my eyes open for your sake. Beleave it or not I herd on the radio today that the cops are going to beef up security at vet. cemitaries because theives are steeling stuff out of cars of families that are barring their vets. Man that sucks. Someone is going to hell.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:54 AM
PacificNWSkyPilot

Budman, thanks for keeping your eyes open. You never know where these will resurface. We can watch EBay and everything else, but they might have already moved them before I even found the house had been robbed. We had a big snow on St Patrick's Day, and about a week after that it rained. Their tire tracks were in the snow but washed down by rain, so it was a good week to a week and a half before I found it had been robbed.

Jim
Old 04-06-2007, 05:13 AM
davo580

I know it won.t help but they should get their fingers cut off by a prop that way they won,t do it again... sorry for your lose

dave
Old 04-08-2007, 07:37 PM
jjglennon

"Keep an eye on E-bay, most of these idiots aren't too bright. Local thieves around here often try to dispose of stolen prperty there thinking it's safe and won't be tracked. You might even get to meet them to "buy" your stuff back. Pay-back's a m.F.
bhady "

A comment about theft but not regarding this particular incident:

I own a hobby shop which has experienced losses over the years. Most recently I lost some engines which were taken out of a showcase, but the thief/thieves did not take the boxes in which were the mufflers, tools, and instructions, and in one case, the carburetor. bhady's comment above reminds me that sometimes we are our own worst enemies when we see an e-bay ad which might say "new Saito .72, no box, no muffler, no manual" and we think "Good Deal" instead of "How can it be that this seller has this new engine with no accessories and is willing to take any price for it?"

John
Old 04-08-2007, 11:03 PM
DEFORCER

u should put gates on your windows and locks on your garage doors, u mite also want to get a security system if this isnt the first time uve had something stolen, ya i know a bit excessive but u need whatever it takes to keep your stuff and yourself safe and the bad guys out.
Old 04-09-2007, 02:51 PM
jkalgren
My Feedback: (1)

Jim... if you email me ([email protected]) an electronic copy of your flyer, I will put it up on our website... and let our club know to look out for your stuff... we are just down the road in New Hampshire. I can forward it to some of the other clubs down here as well.

Jason
Old 04-09-2007, 05:41 PM
PacificNWSkyPilot

Thanks, Jason.

I'll try and get something sent out to you ASAP. I'll have to get my scanner hooked up, unless you have the Adobe Pagemaker program. that's what the Flyer was created with. I can send you that file immediately if you have that.

jglennon, I also had a hobby shop in the 90's, and this guy went around telling people he worked for me (he didn't, just couldn't get him to leave), and sometime after he'd been around long enough to become a part of the scenery he started showing up with various articles of new RC stuff at our local field and with even more at other fields. I have little doubt where it came from, but still don't know exactly how he got his hands on it. I suspect that a guy who WAS working for me decided to allow him to walk out with certain stuff, for a piece of the action.

Most of the time, if you're around where you live when it's stolen, it's somebody who knows you.

Jim
Old 04-09-2007, 08:23 PM
BUDMAN27

I was talking to a guy at work the other day. He puts in a system called Low-jack. It tracks a stolen car. They say they can put them in something as small as a labtop, so I would like to see someone put one in an r/c airplane. Boy that would be priceless to see the look on a thiefs face when he found out that he was cought by Low-Jack for steeling an r/c airplane. Not sure what it cost but if its not to much I going to do it.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:16 PM
PacificNWSkyPilot

I've heard about the Lojacks for cars, I'd be interested in knowing about them for a computer or a plane. Of course, anything like that is going to need a battery, so I'm curious about how it would work for stored items! You know, plug them in to charge them and they start sending out a signal, and while the guy thinks this plane with its little flashing lights is so cool, the cops are GPS-ing him to death. I like the sound of that!

Jim
Old 04-10-2007, 07:36 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

The ones for computers will only work when the stolen computer is connected to the internet. It then "phones home" and you can find out the area it's in.

Ken
Old 04-10-2007, 08:07 PM
Paul88880000

Jim mate,
I don't know what to say.
The theiving scum should have their effing faces cut off very slowly,
I hope you get the planes and other stuff back,
and find the theives for some payback with a blowtorch.

So sorry to hear the news and I hope you get them back un-damaged.

Paul.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:22 AM
PacificNWSkyPilot

RCKen...I've never heard of a plane phoning home. Too bad. Paul, thanks for the kind words and the fun ideas.

Jim
Old 04-25-2007, 03:35 PM
Darkbird
My Feedback: (7)

Although I sincerely hope your stuff is returned, I would like to relate something here that happened awile back at our club. We had a man who was always showing up at our field and some of the local swapmeets with stuff to sell. Engimes, radios, whole aircraft of all shapes and sizes. Always in very good condition and always reasonably priced. Some very good deals too. Now, I never bought from this man because I personally didn't like him. Won't go into the reasons here other than to say it wasn't because I thought anything was stolen. He was always saying that he did alot of trading on the net to get these thing and that was how he supported his hobby. One night we were having our monthly meeting at the field, and he shows up with a large warbird, gas powered, that he had just aquired. He was preparing to fly it when he found out that there was a meeting that night and he immediately decided to leave without flying. Someone managed to convince him to fly anyway, and he completed a decent flight. Unknown to me at the time, someone recognized the aircraft as having been reported stolen on this forum. We eventualyy found out that this guy was going all over the east end of the country stealing stuff, repainting or recovering it and selling it everywhere. He had even been caught at joe nall stealing out of someones trailer and had done time over it. He is currently paying his debt to soc. in Mich. and has charges pending in another state when he gets out. My point is to also look for someone who is listing a lot of seperate items that when add together equal a list of the stuff stolen from you. And be aware that your planes may have had their appearances altered to aviod them being recognized. Every time I hear about something like this I get angry that people could do this to each other. If such a theft happened to me I would be out of the hobbie. At least for a few years.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.