Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Tim's alive..mostly!

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Tim's alive..mostly!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 02:47 PM
Tim Wiltse-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tim's alive..mostly!

Hey Everyone,

I hope you all are having a good summer so far. Sorry I have been away from the forum for the last couple of months I guess. As some of you know my little 5 yr old Katie has CAE. We thought is was under control. Needess to say we have been away from home and she has had every brain test known to man done to her. We got home about 2 weeks again or so. I had a couple of days to try to get caught up with my eBAy sales and website orders. My freind that lives next o me needed me to take his Mazda 626 for a drive because it was acting weird he said( he's a banker and has no car skills). So I go gather up my stuff that needed mailing and off I go. About 1 mile from my house I get t-boned by a drunk at 11:00 in the moring. Who is drunk that time of day? This is the second time this has happened to me. MAtt's car is totaled of course and my head did a great job of going though the drivers side window. When it was all said and done I look like a dork with a shaved head and a huge row of stitches across it!Plus there is about 3 days that I can't account for!!!. It hurts to type on this keyboard, it hurts to breath heck it hurts to blink my eyes! To add to the pain last Friday my wife was driving and her 2004 Chevy Malibu stalled on her at and intersection. Turns out the oil pump went south on it and resulted in the timing chain tensioners loosing pressure and it jumped timing and took out hte valves in the #1 and 2 cylinders, only fix is a new engine!!! I got home this past Monday morning from the hospital myself. If I ever have to look at he inside of one again it will be too soon.

So foreveryone I owe parts to bear(or is it bare) with me I have to look back over my notes and see what's what. I think I owe Falco a set of heads, Dave Campbell a couple 3 heads, Steve Adams some heads, Raymond some engines and stuff and some others heads, Dave W his engine. I hurts my head to think obout the heads! I can't blame you all for being pissed at me if anyone is, I'm sorry.

On a lighter note my wife went out and bought a new 2007 Dodge Charger!!!! She said I can't drive it

LAter,
Tim
Old 08-02-2007, 02:53 PM
skaliwag
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Tim's alive..mostly!

Good to hear from you again Tim. Hope your (and all in your family's) luck will turn now.
Take your time on my stuff. Get well.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:09 PM
SGC

Dammmmmmm Tim when was it you killed the chinaman ? Talk about a run of bad luck, hopefully for you and your family you have had you run of 3. Buy a lottery ticket , you must be due for some good luck!!!
Set of heads here too
Cheers and get well
Stewart
Old 08-02-2007, 03:13 PM
BobHH
My Feedback: (18)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, Tim! Sorry to hear of all your misfortune. When it rains it pours!! Hope you little girl is doing OK. So you dorked your head on the side window glass. Always wondered how hard your head had to be to break that!!! Makes my head hurt. Probably take a nice new vette to make it go away!!! Ha!!

Sounds like you're getting back on top again. Let me know if we can help. Lost about 3 days of memory????? Man! Hope you have not forgot to send me my 3 DR1s you promised!!!!!!

Get well so you can come over and play next month!!

Bob Harris
Old 08-02-2007, 03:24 PM
ProBroJoe

Holy Moly Tim - talk about your string of bad luck! I hope the worst is behind you and you & your family is on the mends! Whatever you do, DO NOT utter the words "What else can go wrong?" - somehow Murphy has a way of answering that in a hurry.

BTW, your wife has a great taste in cars (I just picked up a '07 Charger R/T myself)!

-Joe
Old 08-02-2007, 03:28 PM
Bolio

Speedy recovery for you Tim, best wishes.
Saludos.
Old 08-02-2007, 04:42 PM
build light

Everything else aside Tim, I am justy glad you're back!

Robert
Old 08-02-2007, 04:43 PM
DeviousDave

Geeze O'Pete's... I'm having visions of Wiley E Coyote stepping out if his cave and having a piano fall on him!
Old 08-02-2007, 05:28 PM
Digger-RCU

Tim, your post makes me hurt inside. I really hope there are blue skys ahead for you.
We are all pulling for you and wish you the best!

Randy (Digger) Birt
Old 08-02-2007, 06:51 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Tim. as you know, life is full of challenges. I guess the guy in charge of all this didn't think you already had enough on your plate to chew on. Here's to a speedy recovery and hopefully it was a drunk millionaire who hit you?
Old 08-02-2007, 07:27 PM
flyinrog

Hey Tim , glad to hear from you, sorry to hear about all the troubles ..youch!.....You'd be surprised at who's drunk out there any time of the day...loads of soccer moms carrying minivan loads of 8 year olds...happens everyday.....anyway heres to a speedy recovery for you and the whole family..be sure to come up for the flyin so we can point at your head and snicker...just kiddin dude...Rog
Old 08-02-2007, 07:31 PM
tangerine-jack

Thank Jesus you are alive and well after getting hit by the drunk! I've lost 4 friends in 6 years to drunk drivers.

My prayers are with you.

On the bright side at least you are not in Iraq. My gunner got sent home because we've been doing so much shooting he got carpel-tunnel.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:53 PM
rainedave

Tim, it's great to see you posting again. We've all been anticipating some news.

You've missed some wild events here in the forum during your absence. Vic and cp both sold all their fast stuff and now fly 1/2A Texaco exclusively. Rog joined a scooter gang and is living in a tent somewhere (he posts from various i-Cafés on the road. I'll let the others fill you in on the rest.

Speaking of rest, take care of yourself.

David
Old 08-02-2007, 08:03 PM
dieFluggeister

ORIGINAL: Tim Wiltse-RCU

( he's a banker and has no car skills).

[sm=50_50.gif] ahem....
Well he's obviously not a COMMERCIAL banker.

Hey Tim glad to see you're back! Best wishes to you and yours.

Mike
Old 08-02-2007, 08:07 PM
Raymond LeFlyr
My Feedback: (2)

Katie is such a sweet kid its awful to think of her (or any child) in jeopardy. I can only imagine what you and your wife have gone through. Hang in there. Things tend to work out given time. Our younger daughter was given a poor chance of survival when she was two. We suffered agonies for almost six months. . . She just delivered her second child in June. Where does the time go.

Just like everyone else, I was glad to see this post from you. But it reminds me that I owe you some money. Check'll be in the mail tomorrow.

Oh yes, I have a question; I always wondered what "R/T" stood for. Could it be "Rootin Tootin"?
Old 08-02-2007, 08:16 PM
propbuster

My sincere best wishes to you and your family Tim.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:14 PM
flybug

I hate drunk drivers, but what I hate more than that is an 11 in the morning drunk driver[>:] Tim may your recovery be a speedy one. We have you and your family in our prayers
Old 08-02-2007, 09:15 PM
ajcoholic
My Feedback: (10)

Tim,
Man you have been through a bunch. Hope things start looking up soon!

AJC
Old 08-02-2007, 09:16 PM
Tee Bee

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tim, I don't know you but wish you and your family the best through these hard times. I've been eyeing your products on your site and am looking forward to doing business with you. Thanks for the nice email response you sent today. Take care.

Troy Black
Tee Bee
Old 08-02-2007, 10:10 PM
hfenn

Tim, First and foremost your daughter's health. Then your physical well-being to be there for her. Hang in there and my prayers are with you
Old 08-03-2007, 01:46 AM
Falco250

Hi Tim, I hope everything works out for you eventually.
Take all your time with my stuff; there's no hurry.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:15 AM
Dan Vincent

Tim, sounds like you've just about used up all your bad luck. Hopefully, things will get better for you soon.

Good luck buddy, hang in there.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:52 AM
GrahamC

Tim, you've been through a lot, more than any one person deserves. Life has handed you the crappy end of stick yet you persevere and move on when a lesser person would not. That is a show of your true character.

Speedy recovery and wishes of good health for your daughter and family.

R/T - Rootin Tootin indeed. Personally I don't care for the new Charger but I do have soft spot for the '69.

Cheers, Graham in Embrun near Ottawa Canada

PS I got my Turbo head and spinner nut - excellent, as expected - thank's!
Old 08-03-2007, 07:08 AM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I see I need to take a hit out on Raindave.[>:]
Blasphemer!

Tim,
You have been in my prayers for a while and I am glad to see you with us again. I look forward to seeing you at the race.
If you give me a call sometime I will meet you for lunch.

"No sense in being pessimistic. I wouldn't work anyway."
Old 08-03-2007, 08:29 AM
ptulmer
My Feedback: (5)

Tim, the scar will just make you look meaner. Keep the head shaved, get sleeves and a Harley. Good luck to both of you. I have to admit ignorance about what CAE is, but it doesn't sound good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.