Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

help me engine bogs

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 04:59 PM
shackwrrr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help me engine bogs

i need help with something. On my tsunami when you gas it it bogs just like lean bog but its leaving a nice blue streak. I have the screw on the transmission turned in all the way so there is no 2nd speed. and when Im done the clutch bell is really hot. It acts just like its in 2nd gear but its not. so could it be the clutch is bad? I had this same engine in a volcano and it was perfect and ran fine. so i dont know?
Old 04-03-2008, 05:32 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: help me engine bogs

try to richen the mix more, high end. and a clutch bell will get hot during use.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:41 PM
Chubbysdad
My Feedback: (1)

the screw all the way out is only using second gear. Tighten it and it will be 1st.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:57 PM
shackwrrr

i have the screw all the way in. if I richen it any more it goes way rich and has no power I checks and the screw is out 2 1/4 turns
Old 04-04-2008, 12:00 AM
webbl19

have you looked at the clutch itself to see if it looks worn out?
Old 04-04-2008, 02:09 AM
shackwrrr

ive looked at it and it doesent look that bad the pads still have about the same curve to them and there is only slight scuffing on the outside
Old 04-04-2008, 02:40 AM
Swamp3r

Is it gutless off the start or high end? This will help the real helpers know lol.... noob<----here. I'd say richen it up but I still dunno alot. I do know the clutch will get hot even after a few runs.
Old 04-04-2008, 03:01 AM
ranger4x4

did you check your fuel lines to see if you have a small hole? or if your tank isn't sealing completely? those will cause a lean mixture and make it real hard to tune.
Old 04-05-2008, 02:16 AM
shackwrrr

I completely took it apart and checked everything. Its farily new so the compression is great. and everything was clean. I put it back together and it still did it. It seems to take off fast then bog down midway through the powerband. then speeds back up. Richening makes it better but Im at damn near 3 turns now and just being anywhere near it it burns your eyeballs out and makes your throat burn. and when you take off it leaves a trail like a fog machine. but then if I lean it it starts bogging and it still blows craploads of smoke. I have no idea what it is. it almost seems like its somewhere other than the motor, but everything moves freely I had the exact same motor in a one speed and it was fine so i dont know.
Old 04-05-2008, 10:04 AM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bro, here you go

close the 2 tuning needles, open the high needle 2 1/4 turn out and then turn the low needle 4 1/4 turns out. this should have you right about there.

Make sure you are doing full circles when you do a turn.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43478.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	922219  
Old 04-06-2008, 01:35 AM
shackwrrr

thanks for the help It may sound weird but you know the little silicone cap that goes over the end of the exhaust well It wasnt in there and i put it back and I instantly could lean it way down and it runs like a raped ape now. I also wasnt running a ziptie on the exhaust coupler on the pipe side. So I think just the mix of having weird turbulence and leaks it was messing up. Thanks for the help and ehroof thanks for the baseline settings I could never find a good lowspeed basline because the book says flush and thats WAYY too rich