Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Micro Servo/ESC Question for the Pro's

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 11:35 AM
mikemcnair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Micro Servo/ESC Question for the Pro's

Hi, i am running into an issue that no one seems to be able to help me with. i am posting in here, with the hopes that you guys are able to shed some light on things for me.

the car in question is a Losi Micro-T. it is running a 3 wire servo and Rx combination, and an Xcelorin 1/36th scale brushless ESC with a 10250kv motor and a 2s 230 mah lipo. this car is NOT factory stock.

the factory stock setup is a nimh battery, brushed motor, and a 5 wire Rx/ESC/servo combination. (see fotos below)

here is my plan: install lights into this little car.

here's my issue: the light "kit" is for the factory 5 wire setup, and simply "T's" off the servo/Rx wires of the factory setup.

factory servo....

factory ESC/Rx combo... (notice the white plug on the right of the PBC...)

here is the light kit, as you can see, there is a 5 pin plug on it....

now, the factory nimh battery is a 4.8v, 150MAH NiMH, as mentioned before, i am running a 230 mah 7.2v lipo.

here is a link with the product info on my ESC..... http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodID=LOSB9530

and here is the current Rx and servo i have (note the 3 wire connectors....) http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_...e=ELECTRONICS#

and to throw one more variable in to the mix, i have just ordered the Spektrum micro Rx http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_...name=BRUSHLESS

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO. you now see all the things i have, and know i want to put lights on this little sucker, so my question is: HOW DO I DO IT?

can i simply tap into the power and the ground that ges from Rx to servo? will the output of the Rx fry the LED's? is there a way to test the power capacity of an LED? is there a way to find these output voltages/capacities with the links i have provided?

also, is the servo powered at all times while the car is on? ie, will the lights only turn on when i turn the vehicle if i do it this way?

i called Losi tech support and asked them all of these questions, and they actually told me they had no clue what i was asking them. so if i am unclear, please let me know.

i am open to all suggestions, so please feel free to blurt out any thoughts you have.

thanks in advance for the assistance!!!

Old 07-29-2008, 09:48 PM
mikemcnair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Micro Servo/ESC Question for the Pro's

18 views and no one has any thoughts?