Community
Search
Notices
MVVS Support Get support from 3 qualified MVVS Forum Hosts. Dar Zeelon, representative from Israel. David Moen, representative from Canada. Pe Reivers, representative from Netherlands.

MVVS 45 manifold

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 11:19 AM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default MVVS 45 manifold

Pe

MTW make a special manifold for the DA 50 installation into the Composite ARF 2.1 Extra it has a shallower 180deg bend than normal to avoid having to cut the cowl out at the side, is it possible to get one made for the 45 or should I get the DA50 one and send it too you for a new manifold flange to be welded/brazed on? I e-mailed MTW but they have not got back to me concerning this.

Mike
Old 07-31-2007, 09:56 AM
pe reivers

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: MVVS 45 manifold

Mike, MTW is out there somewhere, probably fishing. (vacation time)
Old 08-01-2007, 03:18 AM
BaldEagel

Pe

MTW came back to me eventually, but they refered me to their retail outlet in the UK, not very helpfull as this is a special, once I get the kit I will send you the details and perhaps you will be able to help me in your usuall efficient way.

Mike
Old 08-24-2007, 06:16 AM
BaldEagel

Well Pe's usual efficient way worked perfectly, the manifold fits exactly, its just what I wanted, thanks Pe you are a star.

Contrary to the above posts this is going in a Xtreme Composite Edge 540T Link is: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6236424/tm.htm

Quick question Pe, what is the most efficient the MTW 75 or the 75K? to my mind It will be the 75 as it must have less bends inside for the gas to flow around, am I correct? I have room for anything I like perhaps I should be using the MVVS cannister? Let me know what you think?

Mike
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89174.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	748405  
Old 08-28-2007, 12:41 PM
pe reivers

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice picture Mike. My new jig seems to work. I am very pleased with the results. You might have some more drop though?

Neither muffler is more efficient than the other. The td75 is longer and thinner, has about the same volumes, and has a longer internal header which should be combined with a shorter external header. With a swan neck header you cannot cut it as short as you want, so you probably want to use the 75K, or the MVVS muffler which is less sensitive to tune.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:05 PM
DLEVETT
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guys,
I just obtained a MVVS 45mg engine from Dave Moen here in Canada. I would like to run this engine in a QuiQui 86" Yak along with a MTW 75 cannister.
My question is how do I get one of the pictured headers for my engine?
We have a local modeller who makes headers, but does so out of Aluminum. I,m would like to get a Stainless steel header as it would seem to me to be stronger.

thx Dave
Old 08-29-2007, 08:29 AM
BaldEagel

ORIGINAL: pe reivers

Nice picture Mike. My new jig seems to work. I am very pleased with the results. You might have some more drop though?

Neither muffler is more efficient than the other. The td75 is longer and thinner, has about the same volumes, and has a longer internal header which should be combined with a shorter external header. With a swan neck header you cannot cut it as short as you want, so you probably want to use the 75K, or the MVVS muffler which is less sensitive to tune.
The new jig seems to be prefect, or is it all down to the user?

Thanks for the info on the td75 and td75K as I have both I will just use the one that gives me the easiest insallation, as you know on a previous installation I happened upon the perfect length by hapanstance and increased the engine revs by over 1000rpm, it looks as though I will be able to duplicate that installation in this Edge, thanks again for making the manifold it was perfect.

Mike
Old 08-29-2007, 08:31 AM
BaldEagel

ORIGINAL: DLEVETT

Hi Guys,
I just obtained a MVVS 45mg engine from Dave Moen here in Canada. I would like to run this engine in a QuiQui 86" Yak along with a MTW 75 cannister.
My question is how do I get one of the pictured headers for my engine?
We have a local modeller who makes headers, but does so out of Aluminum. I,m would like to get a Stainless steel header as it would seem to me to be stronger.

thx Dave
Dave

Afraid I don't know where in Canada you could get that done, obviously Pe could do it for you, just ask, alternativly you could just get the bits from him and have it brazed together in Canada.

Mike