Community
Search
Notices
MVVS Support Get support from 3 qualified MVVS Forum Hosts. Dar Zeelon, representative from Israel. David Moen, representative from Canada. Pe Reivers, representative from Netherlands.

ICU -Starndard: Crazy led?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 04:18 AM
k_jitsu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ICU -Starndard: Crazy led?

Dear Sirs:

I hope you can help me with this problem. I have two MVVS 45 with ICU-S. I have been using Easy-Start fucntion and long silencer setup in both engines and I'm very satisfied with them. Now, I have moved one of this engiens to a new airplane, and I have found this problen when I was try to configure the ignition again for the new setup. I want to install the long silencer pre-ignition curve. I have followed the procedure as I did many other times but something is different.
1- Attach the programing cord to ignition and the Hitec programer to the cord
2- Switch on the ignition. Led is continous lighting. (I think in the past, at this stage, led was off)
3- Move to choke closed position. Wait 5 sec. Led switchs off in a flash and quikly on, and stays on (I think, in the past, it used to be off and at this stage it would make one short light signal, and returning to off) At the same time, servo moves itself (this is normal)
4- Move to choke open possition. Wait 5 sec. Led switchs off and quikly on, and stays on. (I think, again, this is just the opposite it used to do) At the same time, servo moves.
5- Move to choke closed position. Wait 5 sec. Led blinks, long periods off, short periods on. This is the signal of short silencer, but I have followed the long silencer procedure.

I have tried several times with the same result.
Then, I tried to install, only for testing, the short silencer curve, and the final led signal is confusing: Led blinks with equal intervals. Same time on, same time off. I'm sure this is not what it did before. ICU is Standard model, Version 2.0. Input battery is 2S Lipo. Instead of the throttle servo input, I'm using the HFP-10 Hitech programmer, but I have used it always to do this without problems...

Is my led crazy? I hope you can bring some light over this mistery ...

Thank you in advance.