Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

bobcat ply formers

Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

bobcat ply formers

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 11:07 AM
dani2002

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bobcat ply formers

My new BOBCAT 50 arrived with 1 loose inernal ply former (the last one) with small finger preshure one mor former falls off the fiberglas body.
On close inspection i saw that the glue is very soft and sticki like apoxy that did not mix well.
I thik that i can not use this body, probably the retracts will fall off in first landing.
HELP
regards
PINHAS D LADO
Old 10-07-2007, 11:20 PM
opjose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: bobcat ply formers

ORIGINAL: dani2002

My new BOBCAT 50 arrived with 1 loose inernal ply former (the last one) with small finger preshure one mor former falls off the fiberglas body.
On close inspection i saw that the glue is very soft and sticki like apoxy that did not mix well.
I thik that i can not use this body, probably the retracts will fall off in first landing.
HELP
regards
PINHAS D LADO
Many people are removing the formers and flying the plane without them. They do this to provide more space for Jet fuel as they are using real Turbines!!!

This puts far more stress on the body then you would with a pusher prop engine.

So it is no big deal...

If you have a loose former, either removing it altogether or epoxy it back in place.

You don't need to do anything else.

If you epoxy it back in place, mix a little acetone or alcohol with the epoxy to thin it a bit ( once it is mixed ) so that the expoxy will coat the areas well.

Except for the nose gear the retracts do not screw into the former.

If you are putting in retracts, having the former loose will actually HELP you.

It gives you the opportunity to re-inforce this area. Do so. Add more wood supports and apply epoxy liberally.

Also do this to the wing gear mounts.

this will help you have a successful first flight.