Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

Nitro Planes New! TT-62 Alekto

Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

Nitro Planes New! TT-62 Alekto

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 11:12 AM
opjose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nitro Planes New! TT-62 Alekto

Wow that has me all jazzed up about mine!

Questions if you would.

Where do you have your battery packs? Up front like the manual shows or towards the access hatch in the back?

Where did you place your ESC's? Up front or towards the rear?

I have a bunch of 3750mAh 14.8v 20C packs, and 5000mAh 14.8v 20C packs.
I'm hoping to fly with the latter. Any thoughts on this given the additional weight ( about 5-6oz each ) of the 5000mAh packs?

Thanks.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:22 AM
flyboytha1
My Feedback: (30)

Battery's Are Placed Up Front, Like The Manaul Has It My ESC Are In The Fuse Next To The Bottom Hatch Staying Cool From The Off Set Gap, Blowning Air In And Out The Back Hole On The Fuse. 20C Battery's Should Work Fine, But I Would Atleast Maiden The Bird With Good Batterys First To Do All The Trimming Out First.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:10 PM
opjose

Thanks!
Old 08-18-2009, 02:35 PM
flyboytha1

Anytime My Man.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:08 PM
wrnr

I am new to the field of twin engine RC and have set my eyes on the TT-62 (had long eyed the 421, but my wife likes the look of the TT-62 better
Now I realise that I need some advice on how to complement the basic kit:
- I have noticed that the EFlite 46 Power seems to be a popular choice, but according to the requirements on the Nitroplanes site, that motor is too large. Is that a problem? Any other motors to consider?
- About the servos: I have seen FlyBoyTha's recommendations for ailerons (HS 325 MB) and elevator (HS 645 MG), what about the other 9? A salesperson at Nitro that the standard 9g servos would be ok for all cases - is that for real?
- About the props: for some reason I like the look of a 3-blade prop on this model and I found that a 10x7 would be appropriate. Besides the fact that I am having a hard time finding 10x7 3-blade EP, I am wondering if anyone has experimented with such a setup.
- My last item for the day is the retracts: I am considering a set (pneumatic or mechanical) with shock absorber - looks more realistic and may protect the model. Is this worthwile? Any product recommendation?

I would be grateful for any tips the audience of this forum might provide to help me get started on the right foot.
Thanks!
Old 05-07-2010, 12:05 PM
opjose

Re: Eflite

I have not looked at the EF 46 dimensions so I don't know.

However there is ample motor space in the pods.

Length may be more of an issue.

I cut a small ovoid hole in the pod sides to permit better cooling, and I place a small airscoop over the hole, that I obtained from another vendor. You could make your own airscoops from broken wheel pants as I displayed in the "Fantrainer" thread... have a look at that thread for an idea of how to do this... it looks pretty cool and is VERY easy to do.

Re: Servos

9 GRAM servos? WHO on earth told you that! Ridiculous...

I'm using standard size HXT5010 servos all around, these have more than enough torque for this plane and are cheap.

Re: Retracts

You can go with "best looking" or "most functional".

Best looking are scale gear with shock absorbers.

Like most scale gear. the lever moment the landing gear exerts on the airframe during hard landings or transitions to grass from asphalt, etc... can rip the gear out even with re-inforcement installed.

A better more functional option is to install wire sprung gear. Gear with wire coils tend to bend or give with impact, preserving the airframe.

IMHO this is a better option, but does not look as nice as scale gear.

Re: Props

I went with the Master Airscrew three blade props.

These are not specifically made to the profile of electric props, but their airfoil is fairly thin.

Because a thin airfoil is used, they are not bad for electric use.

The plane looks pretty nice with both props spinning "inward' in opposite directions.

Old 05-07-2010, 12:50 PM
wrnr

Thank you opjose for your detailed reply - this sets my homework for the weekend.

I like the idea of the airscoop - glad I saved the wheelpants from an earlier event of sudden gravity increase.

About the servos - I'm sure you don't really want to know "WHO", but the answer did raise doubt, even in my naive mind.

I value the advice about retracts, and since this is my first twin engine, i'll go for "most functional".

Cool idea about the inward spinning props - that alleviates any concern about momentum from acceleration. What size are you using?

Thanks again - I'll keep you posted about my progress.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:58 PM
opjose

I'm using an APC 3 Blade 10x7P in conjunction with an APC 3 Blade 10x7.
Old 05-07-2010, 03:43 PM
wrnr

Thanks!
Old 05-07-2010, 03:46 PM
opjose

Sorry I meant Master Airscrew NOT APC...
Old 05-07-2010, 04:58 PM
flyboytha1

Some Answers,

For Servo's Hitec 325 To 475's Will Work $13 To $16.99 I Used The Metal Gear Servo For The Elevtor, Cause The Battery's Are Up Front, And The Elevator Is Very Large.

I Don't Know Who In There World Or Right Mind Would Think A 9gram Servo Would Even Fit Into The Slot Of The Servo Are. Maybe They Where on A 9gram Sevo Selling Spree That Day.

Motor Are E-Flight Power .46's Nitro Planes Also Sells A MonsterPower .46 Which Will Work Fine. For Props I Have APC 12X8's.

Any 60 Amp Esc Should Work Also. You Can Run 4 Cells Or 5 Cells On he E-flite Power .46 So Just Make Sure Your Esc Will Handle The Cells. Thats Why I Use The E-Flite 60Amp It's Good For 6 Cells With A Bec For 7 Standard Servo's.

Landings Are Like Butter With This Bad Boy You Will Run Into The Plane Being Nose Heavy I Did Add Any Weight To Balance It And It Fly's Great And Fine Still Any Question Let Me Know I'll Have Mine's Back In The Air In A Few Weeks
Old 05-07-2010, 05:00 PM
flyboytha1

Some Answers,

For Servo's Hitec 325 To 475's Will Work $13 To $16.99 I Used The Metal Gear Servo For The Elevtor, Cause The Battery's Are Up Front, And The Elevator Is Very Large.

I Don't Know Who In There World Or Right Mind Would Think A 9gram Servo Would Even Fit Into The Slot Of The Servo Are. Maybe They Where on A 9gram Sevo Selling Spree That Day.

Motor Are E-Flight Power .46's Nitro Planes Also Sells A MonsterPower .46 Which Will Work Fine. For Props I Have APC 12X8's.

Any 60 Amp Esc Should Work Also. You Can Run 4 Cells Or 5 Cells On he E-flite Power .46 So Just Make Sure Your Esc Will Handle The Cells. Thats Why I Use The E-Flite 60Amp It's Good For 6 Cells With A Bec For 7 Standard Servo's.

Landings Are Like Butter With This Bad Boy You Will Run Into The Plane Being Nose Heavy I Did Add Any Weight To Balance It And It Fly's Great And Fine Still Any Question Let Me Know I'll Have Mine's Back In The Air In A Few Weeks

Read more: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_88...#ixzz0nHdj9IYj
Old 05-08-2010, 10:18 AM
wrnr

Thanks for your reply, flyboytha1 - that helps a lot.
I notice that you are using 12x8 props - are they 2-blade, rotating in the same direction? Any effects of torque?
Regarding the motors, are you running them off separate batteries with separate ESC, or are you running them in parallel through a common ESC/BEC?

Thanks for sharing your insights,
Werner
Old 05-08-2010, 10:35 AM
flyboytha1

Yeah There The 2 Bladed APC Props. Running (2) Battery's And (2) Esc. One Per Each Motor.

Props Are Rotating The Same Way.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:41 AM
wrnr

Thanks for clarifying!
Old 05-14-2010, 08:34 AM
philbel

Hi,
I am ready to order that nice Alekto airplane but I would like to know what retracts system would be best?
I am not familiar with air retracts... Where can I buy them and are tey technically difficult to insall?
Thank you for your help.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:21 AM
flyboytha1

I Used Robart Retracts When I First Flew It The First Couple Flight Then I Used My Nitro Planes Bobcat 50 Retract Set. Hobbyking Has Some That Are Pretty Close To Them Sinse Nitroplanes Is Out Of Stock. Here's A Link There's sERVAL Sets That Will Work For The TT-62.

Here's A Link

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=7999
Old 05-14-2010, 05:02 PM
wrnr

Thanks flyboytha1 for the link.
It points to a set (Air Operated Retract Kit 3-WayValve (model: 2205)) that makes me wonder: reading some of the comments it appears that this (quite pricey) setup is suitable for a max. weight of 4 kg; which at 740g weight for the retracts does not leave much room for the model, and would be questionable for the TT62's 10 pounds. Do your comments refer to that specific model?
Old 05-14-2010, 05:11 PM
flyboytha1

Just A Ruff Idea
Old 06-03-2010, 10:54 PM
wrnr

FlyBoyTha1 - Looking back at an earlier post of yours where you indicated that you were using 2 batteries, 2 ESC and 1(?) BEC for your TT62, I am wondering how you are wiring up the whole thing.
Many questions are rushing through my mind, but here are a few that I can formulate:
1) are the batteries totally separate, parallel or in series?
2) what size(s) battery are you using with your E-Flite 46?
3) are the receiver and all servos driven from the one BEC?
4) any particular type of BEC I should be looking for?
Looking forward to your insights.

Old 06-04-2010, 07:59 PM
flyboytha1

(2) Battery 1 Battery Per Motor.

4 Cell 3850 ThunderPower 25C Packs

20Amp Castle Creation Bec For Runs All Servo's

I've Only Used A Castle Creation Bec

Old 06-04-2010, 10:16 PM
opjose

Flyboytha1

Did you hook each battery directly to it's own ESC?

I've been debating what to do. I'm inclined to hook them up in parallel then feed the output to both ESC's so that power degrades evenly one each side, no matter the battery state.

Of course that requires more connectors, soldering and wiring.

Old 06-05-2010, 08:13 AM
flyboytha1

Yep, I Hook Each Battery Directly To It's Own ESC? And Ran A 20Amp Bec For The Rx Picking Off One Of The Battery.

Old 06-05-2010, 09:01 AM
wrnr

Flyboytha1,

thanks for sharing!

About running the Rx and all servos off one battery / BEC - should I be concerned about uneven discharge of the batteries, leading to one engine cutting out earlier?
(As I think of it, this might not be a bad thing: an early warning that would allow to bring the bird safely down on the remaining engine ...)

Seriously, I am wondering what problems I'd face, running each motor off its own battery / ESC and feeding the BEC with both batteries in parallel - in some way a hybrid between what you have built and what opjose is considering.

On another note: as I work my way through the building process, I find that a LOT of hardware is missing in my kit: for example no pushrod for the rudder, only 3 control horns, only 1 2-56 nut, etc..
Admittedly, for a well equipped shop, these are minor problems, but in my case I am not there yet. Did you notice similar deficiencies?
Old 06-05-2010, 03:06 PM
flyboytha1

No Issue For Me, It's Funny Cause It Seems After These Kits Are Ran For So Long Thing Seem To Be Missing, I Have Yet To Have That Trouble, Only Once I Got A Damged Hero Eagle Canopy But So Far So Good. PM Nitrostaff1 John And He Should Be Able To Take Care Of You.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.