Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

Nitro Planes New! TT-62 Alekto

Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

Nitro Planes New! TT-62 Alekto

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 01:26 PM
F.Ciccarello
My Feedback: (60)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nitro Planes New! TT-62 Alekto

flyboytha1, I purchased a used TT-62 at a swap meet and I need to know where the CG is located, The plane has retracts and is powered by e-flite 770 KV motors. (power 32's ) I hope they make enoughf power. thanks.

regards: Frank
Old 08-09-2010, 02:18 PM
wrnr

Frank,

what retracts does your TT-62 have?

Werner
Old 08-09-2010, 04:29 PM
F.Ciccarello

To be honest, I don't know. They are gold anadized and have oleo struts. I havent had the plane in the air yet because I wanted to check the CG.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:02 PM
wrnr

Thanks!

About your CG question - the manual says:
"The ideal CG position is 100 mm (3.9")behind the leading edge measured at top wing centre line"

Like much of the manual, this may sound unclear, but there is a picture showing the CG at 85mm of the LE (straight part).
Hope that helps.

Werner
Old 08-10-2010, 06:35 AM
F.Ciccarello

Werner, Thanks so much for the CG location. I don't have a manual for this plane, I bought it used at a swap meet ready to fly.
thanks again.
Old 09-19-2010, 07:06 PM
wrnr

Here is a question for all who have completed the build of the TT-62: turns out that my kit was missing a lot of hardware. Of course it's hard to determine what is missing since there is no list available; so the deficencies reveal themselves as the build progresses. Currently I am stuck with the missing pushrod for the rudder. From what I see: a 30" plastic tube that feeds from the cockpit area to the rudder, I conclude that there ought to be a 36" pushrod in he kit. But we are now into 4 months of back and forth with Nitroplanes who keep sending me all kinds of pushrods sized between 5 and 7" - never a 36", and unfortunately any 36" pushrod I can find in local hobby shops are too thick for the installed tube.
So my question is: am I misguided in assuming that there should be a 36" pushrod for the rudder - am I missing an obvious solution to connect servo and rudder in the TT-62?
Looking forward to finding a way out of this impasse,
Thanks,
Werner
Old 09-21-2010, 11:55 AM
opjose

I didn't bother... I just used a "Gold-N-Rod" type Dubro setup... the one with the yellow outer tube and orange inner pushrod tube.

Why can't you just purchase some Music Wire at your LHS? Normally those displays have every imaginable size... TH also sells it.

Old 09-27-2010, 05:05 PM
wrnr

What a difference a change in wording can make: I have not been able to find a 36" pushrod for months - now I asked for music wire, and there, they have it.

Brilliant, Opjose - thanks for the suggestion!

The only question that remains: why didn't "they" think of it?

Werner
Old 06-04-2013, 11:44 AM
kionous

Hey I was looking to do some 3D drawings of some of the parts in order to replace them when they broke, namely the ribs. I was wondering if a dimension drawing of the plane exists and if not, does anyone know what the airfoil the plane uses is? Would really appreciate any info.