Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Our new Peacekeeper's

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 10:47 PM
iexion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Our new Peacekeeper's

Something is going on up there huh?? Aside from all te natural disasters that have been getting more and more active over the last couple of years, yes I am paying attention[:-]
Old 10-07-2010, 11:54 PM
IFR Pilot

My version of peacekeeping.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:27 AM
dalolyn
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: iexion

Something is going on up there huh?? Aside from all te natural disasters that have been getting more and more active over the last couple of years, yes I am paying attention[:-]
That is a myth, Do you think tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, and volcanoes did not exist 500 years ago. 200 years ago. The population has increased, technology has made it so every event can be recorded, weather or not there is people around to witness it. For every scientist theorizing these events are getting worse, there is an equal amount proving it wrong. The Earth has always had " natural disasters" Even before Man.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:35 AM
Anomie

elven wizard is the shiznit

[sm=thumbs_up.gif]

thanks for the post
Old 10-08-2010, 09:37 AM
Nitro777

Time does have a physical measurement...........light vs dark...night and day.  Natural disasters are not rising.......99.9% of the time they happen in unpopulated areas therefore not affecting humans......science confirms this.
Old 10-08-2010, 10:06 AM
elven wizard

thanks Anomie
Old 10-08-2010, 03:33 PM
greengoose

Most people nowadays are happy as puppy's chasing their tails constantly as it results in a vicious cycle inside their heads, some people actually live on the rush that these phenomenons produce if that is the type of thing you are into, We often wonder about the people of this type and where the whole world is headed because of them. There are answers and may I say TRUE and CONFIRMED answers to all of these questions but are we wise enough to chose the right source for our answers concerning these question or are we trying to avoid this right source for whatever reasons are convienient for us? Every person in the world was born with a degree of wisdom, Which source do you choose, peace of mind or the rush of chaos and or havoc? it is your choice. Purpously ignorant and foolish need not apply as that is the reason why our world as we speak is falling apart....
Old 10-08-2010, 05:42 PM
IFR Pilot

ORIGINAL: nhulsey
Natural disasters are not rising.......99.9% of the time they happen in unpopulated areas therefore not affecting humans......science confirms this.
Umm, let's put some numbers on the board for a minute. Remember the 2004 Tsunami that killed over 230,000 people in 14 different countries, caused the entire planet to vibrate 1cm and triggered a series of earthquakes as far as Alaska. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_In...ean_earthquake

What about Hurrican Katrina that killed 2,000 people, the real number will never be known. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurrican_Katrina

What about the 1900 Hurricane that hit Galveston and killed between 6 and 12,000 people. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1900_Galveston_hurricane

What about the 1906 Fan Francisco earthquake that killed over 3,000. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1906_Sa...sco_earthquake

This is not including midwestern tornadoes, global floods and thousands of other events.

For you to say ( Therefore Not Affecting Humans ) when in fact millions of people have died makes me sick and for the record 90% of the time they hit in populated areas.

Old 10-09-2010, 09:25 AM
dalolyn
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Moms Mistake

ORIGINAL: nhulsey
Natural disasters are not rising.......99.9% of the time they happen in unpopulated areas therefore not affecting humans......science confirms this.
Umm, let's put some numbers on the board for a minute. Remember the 2004 Tsunami that killed over 230,000 people in 14 different countries, caused the entire planet to vibrate 1cm and triggered a series of earthquakes as far as Alaska. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_In...ean_earthquake

What about Hurrican Katrina that killed 2,000 people, the real number will never be known. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurrican_Katrina

What about the 1900 Hurricane that hit Galveston and killed between 6 and 12,000 people. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1900_Galveston_hurricane

What about the 1906 Fan Francisco earthquake that killed over 3,000. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1906_Sa...sco_earthquake

This is not including midwestern tornadoes, global floods and thousands of other events.

For you to say ( Therefore Not Affecting Humans ) when in fact millions of people have died makes me sick and for the record 90% of the time they hit in populated areas.

That is my point exactly, anybody can pick any event out of history and post the worst events over the last 100 years and go "Oh my god" Its getting so bad. But the truth of the matter is earth has always had catastrophic events throughout its history. Earthquakes,hurricanes, volcanoes, and other natural disasters have been on record, in some form, since 400BC
I think these events have effected humans badly throughout history, but many of these events have gone unrecorded or not noted because they did not effect human life.
Old 10-09-2010, 02:20 PM
IFR Pilot

ORIGINAL: dalolyn
That is my point exactly, anybody can pick any event out of history and post the worst events over the last 100 years and go "Oh my god" Its getting so bad. But the truth of the matter is earth has always had catastrophic events throughout its history. Earthquakes,hurricanes, volcanoes, and other natural disasters have been on record, in some form, since 400BC
I think these events have effected humans badly throughout history, but many of these events have gone unrecorded or not noted because they did not effect human life.
You couldn't have been more correct.

To be more accurate, there probably have been BILLIONS of people killed since our beginning because of natural disasters.

Old 10-10-2010, 07:33 AM
smenton

Haiti earthquake,
Sri Lanka floods,
Sumatra Tsunami
Thailand Tsunami

all very highly populated places

The majority of the worlds worst natural disasters occur in asian based countries which are all heavily populated
Old 10-10-2010, 01:07 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Last time I checked Haiti wasn't in Asia.
Old 10-10-2010, 01:30 PM
jatoracing33

Haiti isn't in Asia, bud. Also, seeing as Asia is the biggest continent, it seems perfectly reasonable that more natural disasters happen there.

Also, I hate the phrase "the end of time." There is no end of time, just the end of our time.

Thirdly, I believe aliens exist, however I don't believe they have visited Earth.

Last, this really has nothing to do with anything but about the peacekeeping, si vis pacem, para bellum.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:23 PM
elven wizard

Here's a video talking about aliens messing with our nuclear weapons

http://paranoidnews.org/2010/10/extr...ing-ourselves/