Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

This is rediculous

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 08:45 AM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default This is rediculous

There are a few wars going on the world, a few countries are in revolution, tornados are jacking up the midwest, and all the news talks about is this stupid royal wedding? Really? WHO CARES.

ok, I'm done.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:49 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: This is rediculous

The wars were going on yesterday, and the day before that, and they will be going on tomorrow and the day after that. Let's have a happy event for one day. :P The wedding will be forgotton by sunday and you'll be back to the doom and gloom and constant reminders that humanity is going down the toilet

Don't get me wrong I couldn't care less about the wedding, but my girlfriend loves it, it makes her happy so by proxy it makes me happy.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:52 AM
calvino

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I getcha both... I just feel like both are important events but I did get a little sick and tired of the wedding stuff so I climbed downstairs from my lot bed and listened to a lil music and waited it out

My prayers go out to the people in the tornado torn states. Sad thing is next month I am flying to Florida so I am wondering if I will see any of the damage from the air []
Old 04-29-2011, 09:04 AM
The Hedgehog

ORIGINAL: sheograth

There are a few wars going on the world, a few countries are in revolution, tornados are jacking up the midwest, and all the news talks about is this stupid royal wedding? Really? WHO CARES.

ok, I'm done.
Some people don't like to focus on the negative things.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:07 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok, I'm done.
ditto.

like i care about any celebritys. they are just people, i dont care about their life.

i hate when people go "did you hear that so and so did blah blah blah?!" "did you see so and so, cheat with so and so when so and so was blah blah blah blah?!"
Old 04-29-2011, 12:11 PM
dsales

It's quite important as they will be the future king and queen, and the whole commonwealth makes it all the more important. Twas a cool day though but it's kind of annoying how average non-royal weddings are but I prefer living a private life.

Most important thing is that there's actually a fit woman in the royal family now
Old 04-29-2011, 12:11 PM
Eman77

I was gonna say it's more ridiculous than rediculous, but whatever.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:47 PM
electricrc68
Banned

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

ok, I'm done.
ditto.

like i care about any celebritys. they are just people, i dont care about their life.

i hate when people go "did you hear that so and so did blah blah blah?!" "did you see so and so, cheat with so and so when so and so was blah blah blah blah?!"
+1 that kinda talk rots my brain. who gives a @#$#@? aint gonna get you anywhere in life if all you do is focus on the life of a celebrity

Old 04-29-2011, 03:03 PM
-SomeGuy-

I'd rather hear about this which is a rare event compared to stuff like Lindsay Lohan in rehab again, that stuff I really dont care about.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:07 PM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

ok, I'm done.
I agree...

Stay classy Yahoo...

Old 04-29-2011, 05:55 PM
Anthoop

A few things entertain me in this thread. Celebrities are not royalty. The USA seems to be more struck with this royal wedding than the rest of the world. Yes she is "fit" for a certain age group.

As was pointed out in post number two, no doubt we can get back to greed and religion next week.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:54 PM
The_Shark

ORIGINAL: dsales

It's quite important as they will be the future king and queen, and the whole commonwealth makes it all the more important. Twas a cool day though but it's kind of annoying how average non-royal weddings are but I prefer living a private life.

Most important thing is that there's actually a fit woman in the royal family now
well, for you it is, you live there, but people like me who live in the USA or other places its pointless.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:58 PM
electricrc68
Banned

what do they do for England? Sit on their butt in a castle while they live off your tax money? I am sure they don't pass laws or anything. It makes no sense.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:02 PM
Dirty_Vinylpusher

Who cares?
Lots of people do, evidently.

Yeah sure there's wars going on.
There have been wars as long as there have been humans on this planet.
Always fighting, always wanting something that someone else has got.

What are we supposed to do?
Walk around complaining and feeling sad because of it?

Natural disasters, well there have been quite a few of them lately all over the world.
Not sure how much the rest of the world has heard about all the flooding that took place here in Australia this year, but there were a lot of people who lost their homes, and lives were lost too.

As always the media is all over it for a week and then they move on to something else.
It was quite interesting to follwo as it unfolded.
One place would get flooded, then the next week another and then another.
It was on the news 24/7 but as soon as it was about to hit somewhere else, all the news crews moved on and everyone "forgets" about the last place.

There are places still rebuilding from the cyclone a few years back but nobody seems to think about that any more.

Then it was the mining accidents and then Japan and now the tornado.

Not to mention the oil spill.
By the way, does anyone remember Exxon Valdez?
They're still cleaning up after that.

Bottom line is we're pretty much told by the media what to care about, and once we stop hearing about it we kinda forget.

As for the royal wedding, it IS a big thing whether you're interested or not.
I guess it's because the royal family has been a bit old and stale, probably since Diana died, and now there's a bit of young blood in the limelight.
The next generation moving in.

But don't worry, by wednesday next week some other part of the world will be flooded/in flames/struck by an earthquake/etc and we'll all be able to stop thinking about the royals.
Getting worked up over stuff that other people find interesting doesn't amount to anything other than frustration and possibly anger over something you can't control.

Old 04-29-2011, 07:51 PM
jessiej

ok, I'm done.

I think the tornadoes (check your spelling) of which you speak were primarily in the southeastern states. The Midwest has had flooding.

I am fortunate in that I have been able to access news media that cover events other than the royal wedding. I did, however see the fly over by WWII aircraft and thought it a splendid exhibition.

jess
Old 04-29-2011, 08:28 PM
lee172

ORIGINAL: electricrc68

what do they do for England? Sit on their butt in a castle while they live off your tax money? I am sure they don't pass laws or anything. It makes no sense.
In my opinion, nothing.

But in the name of 'Heritage' it continues..
Old 04-30-2011, 12:57 AM
dsales

Tbh, Michael Jacksons death and funeral took up more airtime than this. The news is back to near normal now.

Supposedly the Monarchy bring in more money to the economy than they spend due to tourism which may be true. Queen is still head of the military here. I do like to thing that they are lazy buggers but they royal family are always visiting schools and universities which is nice I guess. They could just not make the effort.

I don't like them, but I don't hate them either.
Old 04-30-2011, 01:14 AM
Paul_BB

If I were English I would be proud. We French have completely messed up with our royals 200 years ago.
The Royal Family is an emblem, andbrings a solidesprit de corps to Great Brittain.
Old 04-30-2011, 02:56 AM
GerKonig

ORIGINAL: Paul_BB

If I were English I would be proud. We French have completely messed up with our royals 200 years ago.
The Royal Family is an emblem, and brings a solid esprit de corps to Great Brittain.
You did the right thing:-) those heads deserved to be separated from those Royals...

Gerry
Old 04-30-2011, 02:57 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, just wow.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:00 AM
FILE IFR

You should inform yourself about how their government operates. Making a comment like yours says something about you, little shaver.

Young man, you'll understand this in the coming years of life experience.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:10 AM
kwblake

ORIGINAL: GerKonig

ORIGINAL: Paul_BB

The Royal Family is an emblem, andbrings a solidesprit de corps to Great Brittain.
You did the right thing:-) those heads deserved to be separated from those Royals...

Gerry
I feel very sorry for you.

Old 04-30-2011, 07:03 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

I have to agree with him a little... not about the beheading part... but they do consume massive amounts of tax dollars, for basically doing nothing. The UK kind of has two governments one headed by the monarch, and the other by the prime minister. The Monarch can be compared to a head of state, and the Prime minister can be compared to a President. Executive power does belong to the queen, but it is easily challenged by the Prime Minister and his Cabinet, who are basically in charge of governing the entire country... everything from Taxes to Military.

Not turning this into a political debate (as that would be against the rules), but just filling people in on how things work, or how I understand them to work.

That is all.
Old 04-30-2011, 07:39 AM
pmerritt
My Feedback: (118)

Hell boy, be grateful it wasn't our 70 MILLIONdollars we had to spend on the stupid wedding! (Not that our FINEgovernment doesn't spend that much on a wrench to twist a bolt at the NASA farm!)

ok, I'm done.
Old 04-30-2011, 07:43 AM
pmerritt
My Feedback: (118)

Next time get a girlfriend that drives a semi tractor trailer and you won't have to worry about her being happy watching such overkill (pun intended)aka, a "wedding"
ORIGINAL: Foxy

The wars were going on yesterday, and the day before that, and they will be going on tomorrow and the day after that. Let's have a happy event for one day. :P The wedding will be forgotton by sunday and you'll be back to the doom and gloom and constant reminders that humanity is going down the toilet

Don't get me wrong I couldn't care less about the wedding, but my girlfriend loves it, it makes her happy so by proxy it makes me happy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.