Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Steve Jobs

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 04:07 PM
DarkFire989

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steve Jobs

Lost his fight to cancer. His company has made some great things, he was truly an innovator. May he rest in peace.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:23 PM
Lunchboxer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Steve Jobs

Yeah.. too bad.. he is not old either.. only in his mid-50s..
Old 10-05-2011, 09:11 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Too young, only 56. Definitely one of the most innovative and influential people of his generation.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:18 PM
splcrazy

do we all get free ipods from apple as remembrance for the man ?
Old 10-05-2011, 10:33 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

Old 10-05-2011, 10:38 PM
splcrazy

i hope that we get a 160gb ipod touch . The 64gb version isnt big enough and then again with the software proberly taking up 10gb its only something like 50gb lol . i like my ipod classic 160gb but no touch screen sux.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:04 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: splcrazy

i hope that we get a 160gb ipod touch . The 64gb version isnt big enough and then again with the software proberly taking up 10gb its only something like 50gb lol . i like my ipod classic 160gb but no touch screen sux.
The man who basically invented the personal computer has just died, and you complain about your ipod not being able to hold enough of your illegally downloaded music?
Old 10-06-2011, 07:10 AM
warheadforever

ORIGINAL: DarkFire989

Lost his fight to cancer. His company has made some great things, he was truly an innovator. May he rest in peace.
um whos he?
Rip though and my hopes and prayers go out to his family.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:21 AM
HJJFFFAA

ORIGINAL: proanti1

The man who basically invented the personal computer.
Yea, no.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:26 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

ORIGINAL: HJJFFFAA

Yea, no,
LOL
Old 10-06-2011, 10:37 AM
proanti1

Yea, no,
Revolutionized may be a better word...
Old 10-06-2011, 10:39 AM
HJJFFFAA

All they did was put components in pretty boxes, added a pretty GUI, and sold it. They didn't do all that much.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:20 AM
The Hedgehog

Ummm no
Old 10-06-2011, 11:52 AM
proanti1

All they did was put components in pretty boxes, added a pretty GUI, and sold it. They didn't do all that much.
yea, no

Not only did they bring manufacturing costs down so computers were accessible to the lower and middle class, they also established one of the most successful marketing campaign in history. Creating a GUI is not considered "all that much"? Even though nearly every single operating system now uses one?

I'm not an apple fanboy by any stretch, but I do recognize what he has done to the computer industry... especially out of his garage.

Edit: spelling
Old 10-06-2011, 11:56 AM
sheograth

Yeah, you don't need to be an Apple fan to acknowledge Jobs and
his company have influenced the high tech industry. Not just personal computers, but digital music and smartphones as well.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:05 PM
Ttam Says Blarg

May he rest in peace. Always liked the man.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:55 PM
splcrazy

The man who basically invented the personal computer has just died, and you complain about your ipod not being able to hold enough of your illegally downloaded music?
i never said it was illegal , i own 10grand worth of albums i got from the shop if you want to know .
Old 10-06-2011, 01:48 PM
The Hedgehog

The Shop is still angry!
Old 10-06-2011, 02:38 PM
splcrazy

I payed for it with cash buying some cds every week over the years re tard
Old 10-06-2011, 02:49 PM
mrld

I just heard a radio news show report on where and how all Apple products are made...yes you guessed it it the typical huge sweatshop factories
in CHINA of course...According to this report the working conditions are so bad the UPPER FLOORS OF THESE FACTORIES ACTUALLY HAVE PLASTIC
WEBBINGS AROUND THE BUILDINGS FOR EACH FLOOR, to foil the suicide attempts by the wretched workers who are driven mad by what they must endure..I swear I have not made this fact up..
So to conclude while the components cost and total manufacturing costs for thier products are surely about equal of competing pc ect products,
Apple thrives generating much higher profits based on thier unjustly higher markups, which they command thanks to idiot consumers who percieve
Apple stuff to be 'cool" To conclude while IMHO Steve Jobs clearly was a brilliant buisnessman , not a technical genius..certainly NO NICOLA TESLA!
And if Steve Jobs were a AMERICAN PATRIOT he would have kept or brought back the many thousands of manufacturing jobs to the US..
But then in fairness surely one could level the same charge at Bill Gates, as well as the ceo's of the rest of the major US pc compainies,
Dell, HP and so forth..

Old 10-06-2011, 02:57 PM
proanti1

ORIGINAL: mrld

I just heard a radio news show report on where and how all Apple products are made...yes you guessed it it the typical huge sweatshop factories
in CHINA of course...According to this report the working conditions are so bad the UPPER FLOORS OF THESE FACTORIES ACTUALLY HAVE PLASTIC
WEBBINGS AROUND THE BUILDINGS FOR EACH FLOOR, to foil the suicide attempts by the wretched workers who are driven mad by what they must endure..I swear I have not made this fact up..
So to conclude while the components cost and total manufacturing costs for thier products are surely about equal of competing pc ect products,
Apple thrives generating much higher profits based on thier unjustly higher markups, which they command thanks to idiot consumers who percieve
Apple stuff to be 'cool'' To conclude while IMHO Steve Jobs clearly was a brilliant buisnessman , not a technical genius..certainly NO NICOLA TESLA!
And if Steve Jobs were a AMERICAN PATRIOT he would have kept or brought back the many thousands of manufacturing jobs to the US..
But then in fairness surely one could level the same charge at Bill Gates, as well as the ceo's of the rest of the major US pc compainies,
Dell, HP and so forth..

Radio news show? you wouldn't be talking about Rush Limbaugh or Glenn Beck would you? Because they were talking some crap this morning. The suicide stuff was going on at Foxconn, who makes components for nearly every other electronic consumer product. These people are not being forced to work in these factories.

American patriot... so utilizing the right to free trade doesn't make someone a patriot? Americans are forgetting the meaning of that word.
Old 10-06-2011, 02:58 PM
jessiej

The idiocy of many of these replies makes me want to deny ever having any interest in this so-called hobby.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:23 PM
eddieC

RIP Steve! Truly an innovator, and please remember his family in your prayers.

The idiocy of many of these replies makes me want to deny ever having any interest in this so-called hobby.   
Precisely. Buncha tools.....[:@] 
Old 10-06-2011, 04:32 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you forgot they did a lot to stifle innovation including trying to patent other peoples ideas, and sued anyone that made anything that even remotely might have looked like something they made, or sound like something they think they came up with. Including things that had 4 rounded corners like samsungs tablet, and amazon for using the term appstore(which was used way prior to apple even making an ipod in early 2000)... Or my favorite sueing microsoft back in 94 over windows GUI, apple licensed from xerox and tried claiming they created it (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_C...ft_Corporation)...

They also innovated telling you what you can put on what you purchased Try getting an app for the iphone that apple didn't like without jailbreaking(and voiding your waranty) it

Also dunno where "Not only did they bring manufacturing costs down so computers were accessible to the lower and middle class, " there computers were always more expensive than IBM's, or commodor's, and still are way more expensive than other PC's with the same exact specs (outside the apple logo on the cover, and running that POS OS).
Old 10-06-2011, 04:57 PM
proanti1

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

you forgot they did a lot to stifle innovation including trying to patent other peoples ideas, and sued anyone that made anything that even remotely might have looked like something they made, or sound like something they think they came up with. Including things that had 4 rounded corners like samsungs tablet, and amazon for using the term appstore(which was used way prior to apple even making an ipod in early 2000)...

They also innovated telling you what you can put on what you purchased Try getting an app for the iphone that apple didn't like without jailbreaking(and voiding your waranty) it

Also dunno where ''Not only did they bring manufacturing costs down so computers were accessible to the lower and middle class, '' there computers were always more expensive than IBM's, or commodor's, and still are way more expensive than other PC's with the same exact specs (outside the apple logo on the cover, and running that POS OS).
The Apple II was cheaper than any IBM at the time, and the commodore was a piece of crap. Yes, the Apple Lisa was $10,000... but the comparable Xerox Alto was $17,000.

I like how everyone completely ignores all the other reasons apple has sued Samsung.

http://www.techdirt.com/blog/wireles...diculous.shtml

The Galaxy tab being shaped by like the ipad was only a very small part of it. Everyone shifts their attention to apple because of this. Never mind Microsoft suing the **** out of Google for patent infringement, and Google buying up tons of patents, then selling them to patent trolls who turned around and attacked apple. You do know that HTC has to pay Microsoft $20 for every phone they sell right? Yeah, Apple has been all over the headlines the past year or so... but that is no reason to completely blow off all they have achieved over the years.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.