Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

News for the Holidays

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 09:33 AM
fgbasher
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default News for the Holidays

We just wanted to give you an update for RC Nut's Hobbies for the Holidays. Hope everyone has their gift lists made for all the new large scale toys they want.

As for us, we are going to do something special. Thanks to a lot of you on the forum, we have had a great year business wise and as a result we are going to reward one lucky customer. We are on pace to go over $200,000 in sales this year. We have tripled our business over the last three years and thank you guys for it. Whoever puts us over the $200,000 mark this year will get their order for FREE. Yes we are going to give that customer no matter what they buy and where they live their order free. We will let that customer know and also anounce it here when we hit that mark. When we do calculate who it is, we will credit their payment back to them.

Now for some News.

We will be closed for the week of Thanksgiving. As some of you know, my wife and I are adopting a little girl from Guatemala. we will be visiting her the week of Thanksgiving which is also her first B-day. We are hoping that the process will be complete and she will be home with us for Christmas. Cross your fingers for us. As always we will attempt to process orders while we are away with help from our great distributor.

Lay-a-way plans are working out well and we have not heard any complaints from our customers. We will be listing lay-a-way details this week on the site.

Again, we thank you for all your support and hope we are giving you the support you need.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:48 AM
part-time
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: News for the Holidays

congrats on the new baby.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:43 AM
bryan70546
My Feedback: (4)

same here good luck with the little one ,mine 2nd will be here in dec. looks like i will have to do a layaway for my baja.
ORIGINAL: part-time

congrats on the new baby.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:48 PM
J_D

hey, with ur $200k offer, and saying u are $15 k away

if i order $20k worth of stuff do i get it all for free ?
Old 11-09-2006, 05:21 AM
original.mb

goodluck with the adoption, i was very glad to read that, it shows you have compassion and i take my hat of to anyone that does a tremodously good deed like that i really wish you and your wife all the best with the adoption. all the best
Old 11-09-2006, 08:58 AM
huw4027

I agree with that it is truly an act of compassion and love and may GOD
bless you and your wife for it. [sm=thumbup.gif]
For awhile now i have been seriously thinking of getting a FG monster truck and when i do decide to buy... RC Nuts Hobbies will be my first choice because i like to support good people.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:01 AM
fgbasher

Thank you for all of your support and prayers. We have started this adoption process back in January and it is hard to cope with the wait. We have visited her a few times and it is painful to have to leave her to come home. Hopefully by the time christmas comes she will be home for good.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:42 AM
DarkZZ

just a thought, can i buy 15k worth of stuff and be the lucky customer

maybe set a limit on the price amount could be purchased?
Old 11-09-2006, 12:26 PM
J_D

ORIGINAL: mic300zx

just a thought, can i buy 15k worth of stuff and be the lucky customer

maybe set a limit on the price amount could be purchased?
lol read my post, i suggested it first

so get out!

the 20k of free stuff is mine!!!! [8D]
Old 11-09-2006, 02:39 PM
DarkZZ

Old 11-09-2006, 05:28 PM
hellya

Adoptions are fun[:-] I had to adopt my niece and nephew 10 years ago cause my sister loves her crystal meth more[sm=punching.gif]

Kids are great until the turn in to teenagers, then all us parents are stupid and dont know anything.....Oh the joys you will have

I still think boys are easier to raise than girls...As a Guy I relalize we just do stupid things and get caught, Girls are sneaky creatures.

I wish you good luck and hapiness kids bring...Hint Hint ( buy the shotgun now to run off the future horny Boys)
Old 11-09-2006, 05:55 PM
frumpy

Hint Hint ( buy the shotgun now to run off the future horny Boys)
It's not only buy the shotgun but it's also been said:when you have a boy you only have to watch one ***** but with a girl you have to watch ALL the *****es
Old 11-09-2006, 06:09 PM
Timmahh
Banned

word, my daughter just hit 14, AH the joys of 1. lmao Congrats, i hope things go well on your next visit and you need to buy an extra seat on the plane flight back for thanksgiving.
Timmahh
Old 11-17-2006, 07:20 AM
fgbasher

Reminder,

Just a reminder, we will be closed from tomorrow until Saturday the 25th. Thanks to our distributors, we will still be processing orders from abroad. If you still need to contact me, just email me, I will have access to email.

Also note, the 4wd conversion kits have been listed on the site under new items. More details and pictures will follow.

HAVE A HAPPY THANKSGIVING.
Old 11-17-2006, 10:01 AM
Timmahh
Banned

Enjoy your week with the Kidlet. get vids. they grow up TOOOOOO FAST>
Happy TG to you and yours.
Timmahh
Old 11-19-2006, 07:46 PM
RAZR

I think it is great and all to adopt a kid who need's the love and support since one of you can't have kid's what can i say we all can't be perfect.

But really man we live in the usa and have enough home-less people and kid's here that need adopting too, why bring in more immigrant's into the us we have enough problem's you should look to and support your country in need 1st before other's.

Now i know this is going to spark a debate but this is how i feel and 99.9% other's too just they don't have the ball's to say anything about it.

Like i said before it is great and all not knockin cause one of you can shoot the fruit to have a kid but if you think i'm wrong fine but than why live in the usa this just prove's the point once again.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:17 PM
SELWA
My Feedback: (1)

Congrats Mike and our prayers go out for you. Girls are a handful but much easier to shop for. The wait is always the worse!! Keep us up to date!
Old 11-19-2006, 08:20 PM
Timmahh
Banned

as a human being, i feel ALL Children should have an opertunity for a better life. i also agree there are PLENTY of needy children here in the USA. BUT when it comes to kids, nationality/location of current living place is a mute point where adoption is concerned. all kids need that opertunity.

Timmahh
Old 11-19-2006, 10:14 PM
chowderhead72

ORIGINAL: mviper007

I think it is great and all to adopt a kid who need's the love and support since one of you can't have kid's what can i say we all can't be perfect.

But really man we live in the usa and have enough home-less people and kid's here that need adopting too, why bring in more immigrant's into the us we have enough problem's you should look to and support your country in need 1st before other's.

Now i know this is going to spark a debate but this is how i feel and 99.9% other's too just they don't have the ball's to say anything about it.

Like i said before it is great and all not knockin cause one of you can shoot the fruit to have a kid but if you think i'm wrong fine but than why live in the usa this just prove's the point once again.
Wow! And the Republicans want to outlaw abortions....I think I just found abortions new Poster Boy...Seek help! Do a little research on the topic BEFORE posting garbage like this.

Adoptions in the US of A are very difficult (as well the should be) and very expensive (legal fees, medical fees) So going out of country is often the solution. Try a little tact!

Also I don't think you need to concern yourself with the ability of another man to "shoot Fruit" unless of course fruit is what you crave; but there are forums that could better deal with that issue.

Not a sermon...Just a Thought
Old 11-19-2006, 10:15 PM
fgbasher

The problem with Domestic adoption is at anytime, the mother may decide to want the baby back, and 99% of the time, the court will give the baby back to the birth mother. It could be 10 years later. Also most domestic adoptions are open adoptions, where the birth mother has a right to be part of the child's life one way or another. there would not be as many international adoptions, if the courts would get their s**t together and change the rules.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:19 PM
chowderhead72

Good luck Mike!!!!
Old 11-20-2006, 08:51 AM
huw4027

Mviper007....there is a saying " if you don't have anything good to say then
say nothing". [sm=thumbup.gif]
This definitely applies in this case so be more sensitive and if it is a debate
you want choose another topic.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:54 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

This thread has gone way off topic now. Not even close to being RC related any longer. I'm moving it to the Off-topic forum.

Ken
Old 11-20-2006, 11:53 PM
RAZR

see i knew i would get all the a-holes and get stupid answers' cause it is not what they want to hear.
mike i understand what your saying as far as the adoption process is concerned but you just have to get the right one.
don't take it the wrong way which you did not like some of the others' did i can see what you mean and why you went out of the country.
i'm glad to see you help a kid out and pass on some love i too agree all kids' no matter what are still kids' and all need love and guidance .
just think with a guy like you and all your money you would have thought of the kids' here where you live to help and support them thats all.