Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Energy Drinks

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 07:12 PM
splcrazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Energy Drinks

I've never been a fan of energy drinks and have never used them untill now . my bro in law bought me one when i was out with him and he bought me this big black can 500ml that is the leading brand for energy drinks. i dont think i can say the brand name ? . i usually feel like crap and tired lol but this drink gave me enough energy for the entire day and night .

who else is into these energy drinks
Old 01-16-2009, 07:53 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Energy Drinks

I used to be, now I just drink coffee.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:57 PM
Ttam Says Blarg

LOL I just went to the store for one and I'm drinking it now. The main brands are monster and redbull. I wouldn't drink more than two a day though. I personally love them they wake me up in the morning.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:53 PM
DarkFire989

"Cocaine" they claim its the only energy drink that doesnt make you crash. Its not sold in Massachsetts, it burns your throat to drink.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:29 PM
So Cal

Energy drings dont do a thing to me. I like monster cause it tastes good. And Coffe, I like coffe with my cup of sugar. haha.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:26 PM
Jailbird1818
My Feedback: (5)

I drink a Rockstar every morning. I can't function without it so I know I'm addicted.

-JB
Old 01-16-2009, 11:39 PM
splcrazy

lol okay the brand we have here in australia and the ones i now drink are called MOTHER & SAMEDI both have 160mg of caffeine and the exaxt same amount of each ingredients except the SAMEDI has 600mg of gurana compared to the mother which has only 0.05% gurana , so i think that the SAMEDI is more powerfull . The first time i had the mother drink it was about 10pm i was awake untill 2am and found it extremely hard to get to sleep lol and im not joking i think that i could have just got out of bed at that time and gone for a run lol i am addicted to now i just cant function and stay alert without it , i used to spend alot of money on coffee but not any more just one can a day of this stuff is enough to keep me going all day , the can says max 500ml one can per day but i think i can use two cans a day but i havnt tried it yet . LOL my cousin had two mothers cans and a third differant energy drink and lol he was on a high buzz lol went really weird and got a bad headache
Old 01-17-2009, 12:24 AM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: DarkFire989

"Cocaine" they claim its the only energy drink that doesnt make you crash. Its not sold in Massachsetts, it burns your throat to drink.
I remember that drink. Just the fact that the energy drink was named "Cocaine" caused a huge stink. Alot to right-sided folks even proteseted the possibility that our local grocery store was considering carrying that drink.

If it were my drnk, I would not name it "Cocaine," I would call it "Swift Kick in the Pants!"
Old 01-17-2009, 10:40 AM
dar123

i recently had two of the big cans of red bull and it didn`t change anything. and the guy at the shop didn`t want to sell them to me because i was still in my school uniform..... i got them though.

they did taste pretty good though!
Old 01-17-2009, 10:51 AM
SAVAGEJIM

Red Bull, did it give you wings?

I tried that drink too, it didnt do jack for me.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:57 AM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guy at my work is addicted to them,He drinks like 12 a day....so the other day he wasnt at work the next day i found out he was in the hospital.The doctors told him that the energy drinks have rotted parts of his intestines....Now his gut hurts all the time..[X(]
Old 01-17-2009, 11:04 AM
SAVAGEJIM

That isnt ant good at all. I'm glad I didnt get addicted to them, though they do tasete good.

As for giving you energy, I think they are full of phooey. Maybe I diddnt drink enough to build up enough drug level in my blood, afterall, I only drank 2 cans.
Old 01-17-2009, 05:41 PM
ziiaad

i was at work yesterday and on my break i had a NOS and it boosted me up a little but i had a terrible crash and it sucked it was my first crash it never happened before so it took me awhile to figure out why i was so tired and im only 17
Old 01-17-2009, 06:14 PM
sheograth

They are actually more dangerous than people think, though not due to the caffeine. The insanely high amounts of vitamins and minerals can lead to kidney stones or other renal problems. If you just want caffeine, drink coffee. There is WAY too much added crap in most energy drinks, not to mention insane amounts of sugars.
Old 01-17-2009, 07:26 PM
Ttam Says Blarg

To the guy that said energy drinks dont affect him trust me it does. You don't feel anything when you drink one. Here is a simple test drink one 20 minutes before you go to bed and try and sleep. Good luck!
Old 01-17-2009, 08:54 PM
splcrazy

yep definatly dont have one before you go to bed lol . i had two 500ml cans lol make it a litre yesterday and it gave me an even bigger boost felt like i had the shakes in my hands but not that much . i think ill not have one today to see how i feel without one for a day . this can be expensive lol one can a day . they made a study i heard on tv the otherday they said that a few cups of coffee or the caffeine itself prevents ALZHEIMERS , but then again oranges does aswell no jokes .
Old 01-18-2009, 03:34 PM
StephenW

just drink mountain dew and stop wasting your money on energy drinks.. they are not good for you.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:34 PM
splcrazy

ORIGINAL: StephenW

just drink mountain dew and stop wasting your money on energy drinks.. they are not good for you.
yes they are good for me , and everyone else too .
Old 01-18-2009, 09:24 PM
So Cal

Arizona Sweet Tea. FTW!
Old 01-18-2009, 10:28 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: ziiaad

i was at work yesterday and on my break i had a NOS and it boosted me up a little but i had a terrible crash and it sucked it was my first crash it never happened before so it took me awhile to figure out why i was so tired and im only 17
LOL, you should never hit your NOS just before your drive into a tree!

I go through crashes everyday, and I dont need an energy drink to do it. All I have to do is eat lunch and I get really sleepy afterwards!
Old 01-18-2009, 10:30 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: sheograth

They are actually more dangerous than people think, though not due to the caffeine. The insanely high amounts of vitamins and minerals can lead to kidney stones or other renal problems. If you just want caffeine, drink coffee. There is WAY too much added crap in most energy drinks, not to mention insane amounts of sugars.
I heard about that too. Stones and all. That would be the last thing I want, just the mere though of having to pass a kidney stone mkes me cringe and cross my legs like a little girl.

So, I guess I will chill out on high mineral/vitamin drinks and only consume enough minerals and vitamins I need.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:44 PM
ELK

my friend has the body the size of 3rd grader and the day he drank 3 red bulls he was literly bouncing off the walls.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:44 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Lol, That is not any good, low body mass + a seriously high powered energy drink (not that poser drink Red Bull) = a speedy little kid!
Old 01-19-2009, 07:45 AM
The Collector1
My Feedback: (2)

I had a NOS power shot and it kept me up for more than a day[:-] even when I tried to sleep I couldnt
Old 01-19-2009, 08:19 AM
splcrazy

lol if your a trucker its proberly safer to have two energy drinks for the long night ride than take deadly drugs .

kidney stones in men they say its like a man experiencing giving birth and sharp electric stabbing pains in your back and sides and you cant move to walk . but thats if you drink litres of the stuff mineral water that is over years for a long time , my dad had stones but lucky they were tiny like the tiny lead shot in shot gun shells , and had the pains that i described.
and when you go to the toilet to wee you will hear ping ping lol as the tiny stones pass out lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.