Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Scion TC, Cyclone TC-anyone get confused?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 12:24 AM
traxxaspede

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scion TC, Cyclone TC-anyone get confused?

It's kinda weird, whenever I see a Scion TC car driving around, I always think Cyclone TC like the RC car. I was waiting at my bus stop a few days ago and I saw one drive by. I thought hey, a cyclone TC and then I was like wait, that's not a cyclone, its a scion, where did I get cyclone from? It took a couple seconds for me to realize it's an RC car that's the cyclone. Does anyone else notice that, or is it jsut me being weird and thinking about RC too much?
Old 02-28-2009, 01:37 AM
SAVAGEJIM

Default RE: Scion TC, Cyclone TC-anyone get confused?

Actually, I want to know what the h3ll "TC" means. You know, TA = Trans American (or TransAm for short), SS= Super sport, SE = special Edtion, LE = Limited Editoion, R/T = Road & Track, GT = Gran Tourisimo (Italian for Grand Tourer) GTO = Gran Turismo Omologato, COPO = central office production order, LX = luxury (well, what many claim at least)
Old 02-28-2009, 09:49 AM
khodges
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

Actually, I want to know what the h3ll "TC" means.
How about "Total Cr*p" ? I haven't actually SEEN a Scion TC, (at least didn't recognize one as such), but Scions in general have to be the ugliest cars ever marketed. Looks like someone built the design models from shoe boxes. My wife saw one and said it looked like a hearse for a midget. (No offense meant to any people of short stature ).
Old 02-28-2009, 09:51 AM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Scion xB takes the award for ugliest vehicle ever made if you ask me, the tC is acceptable.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:15 AM
khodges
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I looked one of the TC's up, not too bad, actually. The front looks a bit like a Mitsubishi Lancer. Of course it seems like most of these cars look similar any more, except of course the xB.

Speaking of the Lancer, I was looking in a lot for a car for my daughter and saw what they want for the really full-sport version. $40K for a car this size? WOW. It's a car I could love, but I'll get her a Corolla.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:22 AM
HJJFFFAA

It's not like she needed the EVO. Besides, until the new one Imprezas looked a lot better. Especially the STi. Get Cobb Tuning involved and you've got one quick car that could survive a rally stage. Actually you know what? The new STi isn't that bad looking.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:42 AM
traxxaspede

Lol yeah I agree the xB is UGLY. Just a guess, but tC might mean "touring car" or something along those lines.
Old 02-28-2009, 01:25 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: traxxaspede

Lol yeah I agree the xB is UGLY. Just a guess, but tC might mean "touring car" or something along those lines.
Ah! Good one, I didnt think of that one.
Old 02-28-2009, 01:30 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: khodges

I looked one of the TC's up, not too bad, actually. The front looks a bit like a Mitsubishi Lancer. Of course it seems like most of these cars look similar any more, except of course the xB.

Speaking of the Lancer, I was looking in a lot for a car for my daughter and saw what they want for the really full-sport version. $40K for a car this size? WOW. It's a car I could love, but I'll get her a Corolla.
Yeah, when comparing the Corolla to the TC, the Corolla probably is the better of the better of the two Toyota products. But of course, if you want to drop $40K for a toyota product, the cars from their sub-company, Lexus, will easily east $40K.

If I had the choice, I would get a Corolla over a TC. The TC is kind of an affordable kind of sprty looking car for like college kits. The Corolla is more of a purpose minded car for everyday driving and good reliability that it is supposed to be known for.
Old 02-28-2009, 01:41 PM
mechanizeddeath

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Probably Touring Car or Touring Coupe. At least those are my best guesses.

Advancements in technology, safety, and good old fashioned competition have pushed a lot of cars in the same class toward a certain sameness that makes them all look very similar. Kinda boring if you ask me... I like things that look a little strange, as long as they have either performance or function to go along with it.

I mean take headlights for instance. Cars used to have all kinds of different headlight configurations... You had your basic shapes, round and rectangular, but you could have two or four, with four they could be stacked or side by side. They could even be hidden in front of the hood and pop up, or kept behind doors next to the grille. A few cars even had a 3rd headlight in the middle! There was a lot of variety made from just a few choices. Then again, most of us remember how bad those old lights were, so I'm not suggesting we go back to that!

Even though today's cars could technically use just about any shape possible for the headlights, many just use the same diamond-shape-wrapped-around-the-sides look. KInda boring if you ask me, and it's no wonder everyone seems to get cars confused these days.