Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Clancy Yard Bee

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 07:18 PM
imsofaman
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Clancy Yard Bee

I bought the Yard Bee from Hobby People, it was on sale for like $30.00..........I had to grab one. I had one a few years ago. I donated it to my brother and my nephew last year. So of course i needed another one....at least that is how I explained it to my wife!

Everything went together within one hour....I was flying after that. I used the stock motor but changed the prop to a GWS 9X7 and used a three cell 1320 Thunder Power lithium polimer pack. A little down thrust is need before flying. I flew for over 15 minutes.....my battery in my radio went dead before the Yard Bee did! I will change the motor soon to a MP 25-35-20 with gear box soon. I have to say that even with the cheap motor supplied with the plane....it flew awesome!!!! Barrel rolls were large. I need more throw on the rudder, I have to change the position on the control arm. Loops are tight as you want. No need for diving before the loop. You can do it from level flight. Inverted was no problem.

All in all a true pleasure to fly.....slow or fast....always in control.

Dave
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xu62713.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	158407   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bx74142.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	158408   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kp34180.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	158409   Click image for larger version

Name:	Au56424.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	158410  
Old 07-29-2004, 09:28 PM
imsofaman
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Clancy Yard Bee ...UPDATE!!!!

OK guys....I have an update!!! I mounted a GWS gearbox with a retimed speed 400 motor and let me tell you something.....this plane is UNREAL! I can fly for twenty minutes.....barrel roll, loop and beleive it or not.....HOVER! It is not pretty but I can keep in hover position for a little bit...it is just very difficult with no ailerons. Vertical is unlimited. The guys at the feild were amazed. So was I....lol!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70538.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	158800