Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

GWS Funny Park Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2004, 12:11 AM
WolfeWind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GWS Funny Park Anyone?

Has anyone flown this plane? It looks like an interesting "First Low Wing". Feedback would be appreciated.
Old 05-02-2004, 06:19 PM
geo8498

Default RE: GWS Funny Park Anyone?

I didn't care too much for the Funny Park because it's ailerons don't respond at slow speed. I got the Funny PArk with the intention of practing before flying my Mustang. Never had a good flight with it. Not saying that it can't be a good flying plane, but I gave up with it after about 6 flights and the same number of crashes. I've heard that some people really love the plane. I just couldn't get my left thumb to respond with the rudder when making my landing approaches. So I dove right into the Mustang with much better success. The Mustang proved to be much more stable than I thought it'd be, and I have had many good flights with it. This is my first low wing plane, (aside from the Funny Park) which should say something for the P51.
Old 05-02-2004, 07:32 PM
Uncas
My Feedback: (1)

WolfeWind,

I would not recommend the FP, though I fly mine OK now, after many crashes and a power system upgrade. It is tough for me to do acrobatics with it and I suspect the warbirds are easier to fly as geo8498 seems to confirm. This is not a "first" plane of any sort, it also not a slow flyer.

I moved on to the Dandy Sport and now to the Dandy GT by [link=http://www.mountainmodels.com]Mountain Models[/link]. The Dandy's are an above wing plane. The GT, with its shorter, fully symmetrical wing is very precise in its handling and I really like it, it is very acrobatic. MM also makes low wing planes and has videos of most of their planes at their website. Sorry if I sound like a commercial. The MM planes are basically balsa planes (not hard to assemble), though they are moving towards foam wings.

Good Luck!
Old 07-08-2004, 10:07 AM
zagi34

THE FUNNY PARK IS AWESOME FLYS GREAT FAST AND SLOW AND I HAVE NO PROBLEMS WITH THE ailerons AT ANY SPEED I AM A USING THE STOCK MOTOR AT THE MOMENT BUT I AM IN THE PROCESS OF UPGRADING CAN'T WAIT
Old 07-30-2004, 08:36 PM
rszanti

I just picked up a Funny Park at a good price, came with an EPS-300C-BS power unit. I've been considering installing a 400 size power unit before trying it out. According to the manual a "EDP-400C" is an option but I can't find a GWS model that conforms to this designation. It appears to be a 400 motor with a prop shaft adapter "DS002" and a stick mounting adapter "EMM400T" but I can't find any way to be sure of this. Can anyone confirm this ?

Or could I just use an EPS style power unit (I have one with a 4.5:1 ratio) ?