Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

The Badius Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 04:12 AM
Loubud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Badius Owners Club

Hey Sticks, that's right. Here RR is trying to put a motor in that cost about the same as the Mean Mutha without putting in the Mean Mutha. So. RayRay. Put the MP Jet in. Under 70 bucks and will eat up a Mega. With any luck your Omei won't explode. Just don't go 3/4 throttle and full up on the elevator after a hard dive. As a thought, your Omei might be at the right C/G. My fuse had a warp in it. I took the stab off and epoxied it to the rudder insted of to the bottom. I also shimmed it and screwed it into place to make sure it wouldn't budge. Take a look at yours and see if it is aligned with the wing and doesn't have a down angle to it. It sounds as it it might. My Omei had a bad angle of attack to it. It wouldn't fly level at no throttle for any thing but never did get a chance to trim it out right.
Good luck anyways.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:25 AM
AgCat1982

Lou, I am thinking about putting one, direct drive, on the Stryker to see how it does. Or, do like Hollywood and put a large prop on it. Maybe in a few weeks. When I get the heli!
Old 11-10-2005, 09:02 AM
afineman

Sticks

Glad you liked my find Hee Hee Hee.

Also, 1 thing I found on the Stryker was, by using a stick mount and a motor with a gear box I was able to bring the thrust line closer to the center of the fuse. If you remember the video, when I went from idle to WOT, the plane never changer it's AOA, this was a first for me. Inverted flight only required 1 click of down for hands off flight.

Later ALL

Brent
Old 11-10-2005, 12:01 PM
CaptainRandy

Hey Badius Boys,

Thanks for the welcome back!

Hopefully I will have some stories to tell, as soon as I get back in the air.

Happy Birthday Lou! are you older than me yet?

Well, it's almost noon, so it's socially acceptable to have a drinky.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:07 PM
CaptainRandy

RayRay,

I can't get your vids to work???? They come up with the Quick Time thingy, but that's it.

Must be my puter.

Sticks, I did not see that post on the drop off wheels, but I would sure love to see you fly that Sabre.

Hollywood, your double trouble stic plane was a pisser.

Carl, they used to call Florida the Sunshine state, no more, now it's the Hurricane state.

Thanks again Guys
Old 11-10-2005, 12:12 PM
Loubud

Hey Pappy,
Make a toast to the other Vets out there. You know, just to get them started.
(No sign of Hazy yet)
Old 11-10-2005, 12:29 PM
Loubud

Sticks
Is it easy to make the MP Jet a direct drive? Isn't there a gear on it?

And Pappy. I'll be older than you next year.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:33 PM
Loubud

Hey all,
Check this out. Read the previous post.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_83...tm.htm#3539390
Old 11-10-2005, 01:09 PM
BasinBum
My Feedback: (2)

Hey Lou,
They'll be about tied if we subtract your 2000 posts from here, especially when you post three in a row.
Old 11-10-2005, 01:58 PM
Loubud

So I pad the numbers a little. Where's the crime?
Old 11-10-2005, 02:39 PM
AJ1202

Hey Lou I'm glad theres not anyone one here that like to stir Sh#@& up just for fun, All I have seen here is a bunch of freindly professional adults that don't indulge in good humored ribbing........[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]... NOT
Does anyone here know anything about the GWS E-trainer , questions being is the wing like the Beaver(thin and heavy curved) what do you call that spoiler, dehiedral or something or more like the Hawk or Badious (foam filled) I ask because I'm thinking of replacing the Beaver for one but I want to be able to make it aileron instead of rudder, I'm thinking 370 geared with P-51 prop standard servo's and ESC from beaver, I like the looks of the e trainer better and I have kinda beat up the old beaver in my learning curve but now I'm better, also thinking might be good plane to go to 4 channel with.. what do you guys think would this be a good one to get. I like the GWS planes because they seem light enough to ease the damage ratio on crashes. don't hold back, I need a good plane to learn ailerons that will be FORGIVING and cheap to fix and keep flying I am ready to buy plane as ARF and radio but can't decide which one, is the Ikarus pos or neg shift and what is it compatible with GWS.JR,Futaba ??? what do I need to be looking at for my first RX to go with ikarus if I but it I want to start with 1 plane and move to the rest as I can
Old 11-10-2005, 03:26 PM
AgCat1982

Lou, there is a gear, sure, but it can easily be removed. Mine came off on its own! Then you just need a prop adapter.

Hazey, are you the one who put those extra 2000 posts in here that BB is talking about?

Captain, I am going to put a brushless on the Sabre soon. And, when I do, I am going to setup the drop off wheels for it. Did you watch the video of the stryker using them? It's on my homepage.

Hollywood, I may try to mount inline the way you did when I get the other motor.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:42 PM
AJ1202

to whom All it may concern,, about my last post, Nevermind I just went and ck out some reviews on the e-starter by GWS and found out it is a aileron trainer designed plane, duh, found site with great step by step build and very insightfull review, decided to get one and did, trying to talk wife into trying to fly the Beaver Hmm ............... anyway I figure maybe she would like it because it's very stable and if I put big orange prop back on it's slow enough for her to learn on, I figure if I get her more interested it will be easier to talk her into feeding this addiction Then I could convince her I need a 4 ch radio to get the E-Starter flying
Old 11-10-2005, 05:10 PM
afineman

AJ

Stay cheap for now, go get a Formosa and set up only the A/E/T. Don't put the landing gear on, and use packing tape down the fuse.

This was my aileron trainer, and this plane can grow with you ( as I am sure you saw in the videos). what I did was I got a stock Formosa ( came with a 350 GWS motor) and also a slope glider version ( no motor or landing gear). I flew it stock for about 3 months.
Once I felt real good with it, I passed original to my nephew, and built the Slope version and configured it for some SPEED

Well, thats my $.02 worth

Brent
Old 11-10-2005, 06:40 PM
CaptainRandy

Hey Rog,

How do I get to your homepage?

Whops, I figured it out and it's downloading.

Back in a bit.

I like it, I like it. That is a great idea and would be great for the Sabre.

Nice flying Rog
Old 11-10-2005, 08:16 PM
Airbourne in Japan
My Feedback: (3)

rained all night and morning. dog crapped in my son's room and pissed on our bed. daughter was sick twice in the night and once this morning (down my back as she was in the baby carrier). visit to the doctor. alas, mission rc flying impossible. current status baby nursing !!

update...daughter is asleep and i've discovered a really nice pitts special at raidentech, $64. unfortunately they charge $69 shipping to me. but i'm thinking i need a pitts special. wattage also make one but it's twice the price. ummmm...
Old 11-10-2005, 09:21 PM
ktaylor

doug,
remember that's money that could be going into your ultralight fund,, i mean childrens college fund.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:17 AM
iflyatcae

Hey capitan! happy veterans day. good to see your still here chillin.

About to order my altimeter!!!
Old 11-11-2005, 12:26 AM
Loubud

Hey Sundance,
Did you get my PM?
Old 11-11-2005, 12:58 AM
Airbourne in Japan

hey Ken ,the good thing is my children are also English, so they will be able to have free college education in the UK, so i can spend all my spare cash on flying. the only thing that's expensive is if they want to be pilots, i want to be able to sponsor them and that's going to be about $250k each !!!

just looked at dyamond's plane selection and they have some really interesting models. i've got a glow bearcat on order, but i'm not sure if i'll get it as the shipping is quite expensive. other planes include a fliesher storch (ww 2 german stol plane), catalina flying boat, b25 mitchell, mosquito, glow corsair, tiger moth and f15 d/f. think i'll look at the b25 and catalina again...ordered the pitts special from raidentech as the postage was only $39, which is cheap for them. hey Brent, sorry i haven't been in contact recently, been busy, but i wanted to tell you that i'm almost certain i'll stop buying planes by the end of the year. do you believe that ???!!
Old 11-11-2005, 07:04 AM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Grounded, Yeah right, you have now entered the addiction phase of the hobby. I can stop anytime I want.

Terry/Pappy/ and to all the others. This Bud's for you. Thank you.

RR,
What,afraid to come to the source on Stryker speed?
Remember specs have built in safety. 16 cells on a Mega. Pashaw, I was running 6s through the 16/25/3 on Slayer. My 16/25/4's all run over the specs. Keep them cool and they don't care how much you want to push through them.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:29 AM
CaptainRandy

Happy Veteran's Day

Look to the left and salute
Old 11-11-2005, 09:21 AM
Loubud

Atta boy Capt.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:52 PM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Ok, somebody tell me if I'm missing something here.
Stryker EDF . WeMoTec mini 480. 3" intake, 6" long 3" exhaust, 1" long.
Experts say Mega 16/15/2 (or similar spec) on 3s2100 TP Pro Lites, 2 packs paralleled.
Motocalc says 44 amps, 51.3 thrust , prop speed 81.4

Now I use a Mega 16/15/6 on 9s 1320 TP Pro Lite. All EDF specs the same.
On Motocalc I get this. 17 amps, 65.2 thrust, 91.8 prop speed. Better then the above set up.
And the 9s1320 is 29 grams less then the 2 3s2100's.
Old 11-11-2005, 05:27 PM
Airbourne in Japan

hi GG, i did some calcs for the 4 d/f planes i've got on motorcalc and the results seem a bit strange. i don't think it's very good for d/f, so maybe you'll just have to try flying it. i did find a calc for the wermotec fan, but i didn't save the link. by the way i bought the pitts special from raidentech as the postage was cheap after all. hope the control surfaces have decent throws

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.