Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

E-flite Mini Funtana, love it!

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

E-flite Mini Funtana, love it!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 03:49 PM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default E-flite Mini Funtana, love it!

I've pretty much got my new Mini Funtana trimmed out and set up the way I like it, and man, I have to say this is the most capable park flyer size aircraft I have ever flown. Unbelievable. I use an AXI 2808/20, 3s1p 2100mAh 10C pack, and 9x3.8 prop. Unlimited vertical, snaps like the dickens, flies very smoothly. I'm having a riot. No, I don't work for E-Flite or sell them for profit. Pulling quite a bit of current at full throttle with the higher kV motor, but I don't spend much time there anyway, don't need to.

It is now my lunchtime flyer of choice, and in fact I think I will toss it up once before going home.

My only gripe is that the rear anti-rotation peg holes are not lined up properly, and consquently I need a fair bit of left aileron trim. You can easily see the difference in wing panel incidence angles sighting from the rear. I will definitely do some rework in that area this weekend. Surprising to me, considering the overall quality otherwise.

Mike D.

Old 09-27-2005, 08:33 PM
geo8498

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: E-flite Mini Funtana, love it!

My Mini Funtana is my new favorite airplane. Check out my setup in my profile.
Old 09-28-2005, 05:42 AM
Maine_Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: E-flite Mini Funtana, love it!

have one as well and they do fly awesome!.. reinforce the landing gear area before you even fly it much.. one less then perfect landing and you'll wish you had.. had too put larger wheels on mine for grass, went with the 2" and took alot of stress off the grass landings..

running a maxi 09, 11x3.8 prop, PQ2200 12c pack, pulls 23 amps, 240 watts.. will hover at a bit over 1/2 throttle.. flies almost as well w/ a 10x4.7 but doesn't quite have the same grunt pulling out of hover..

fun plane to fly for sure!

rock on!