Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

ParkFlyer sized EasyGlider?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 01:01 AM
ace5000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ParkFlyer sized EasyGlider?

Hello,

I am getting back into RC after about 12 years and want to just go to the park and fly around slow and stable, but must have ailerons...

After much research, the multiplex EasyGlider seems just about perfect for me except it is too big at 71".

Is there a smaller alternative RTF or ARF out there? The Space Scooter seems a bit unstable according to the FMS simulator and I don't want to walk on a tight rope out there...

Any opinions?

Thanks!
Old 07-02-2007, 03:40 AM
dabvid

Default RE: ParkFlyer sized EasyGlider?

maybe a multiplex minimag. i have one and on the brushless it is really quite aerobatic but remember it doesnt self corect but is a real floater.
regards,
dave
Old 07-02-2007, 03:45 AM
dabvid

maybe a multiplex minimag. i have one and on the brushless it is really quite aerobatic but remember it doesnt self corect but is a real floater.
regards,
dave
Old 07-02-2007, 09:41 AM
ace5000

interesting... would the EasyGlider still be more stable? Thanks.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:37 AM
schuh007

you could go out on a wing, lol, and get a stryker it has elevons, pretty stable and glides decent
Old 07-02-2007, 03:36 PM
Fisher

ace5000,

If you are looking for specific performance from a plane you will need to be more specific in your description. The Easy Glider looks like an excellent soaring plane with some decent acrobatic ability. The Space Scooter is a very capable elevon controlled plane as well with good flight characteristics. Why do you think the Easy Glider is too big? What do you want ailerons for? Are you looking or 4 channel experience or will 3 channels with ailerons be OK. Are you looking for a slow flyer most of the time?

The Easy Glider looks like a great plane to me, if you are already an intermediate or advanced pilot then it should be the plane for you. Sorry for all the questions but people need this info to provide useful feedback.

If you enjoy building then check out this foam plane. It has a wide speed range, is very stable and costs next to nothing to make once you have the hotwire cutter figured out.

http://www.qnet.com/~skif/plane.html

Do not forget to look around the rest of his site as well.

Cheers,
Old 07-03-2007, 07:43 AM
ace5000

Thank you all for your help and insight!
Old 07-06-2007, 11:05 AM
hawk3ye

Man, the Multiplex Easy star may have rudder+elevator but if you turn up the rates, you'll get aleron like performance...I can't stop raving about that plane since 5 of my buddies all trained and upgraded theirs to 40amp inrunner monsters over the last 6 months On top of that they still have a beautiful glider....