Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Parkzone NEW Messerschmitt Bf-109G PNP and BNF

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Parkzone NEW Messerschmitt Bf-109G PNP and BNF

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 12:17 AM
cool pool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Parkzone NEW Messerschmitt Bf-109G PNP and BNF

Thanks for the info on my DX6 transmitter. Going to contact the hobby shop that I ordered the BNF ( hopefully they haven't sent it yet ) and cancel the order and get the PNP and order another receiver for my older DX6. I have lots of lipo batteries 11.5 volts 1800 to 2200 mah.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:19 PM
mad web tv scientist

[8D] Doug, the ideal two bladed prop that seems to easily allow the flap/landing gear equipped 109 to compete acrobatically with the "no gear/flap 109" is the 12X6 SF APC. It draws 10 % more current than the stock prop but I think I'm safe because with a 30 amp ESC and only 22 maximum amps with the 12X6 there shouldn't be problems.

Though noticeably slower than all other fighters except my modified landing gear equipped Corsair, it is still fast enough that I felt compelled to throttle back on the diving portion of my favorite victory roll/square loop maneuver today. Take offs seemed easier even when using high rate control. This could be simply because I am getting more experienced. I noticed the roll speed is less but still nicely realistic at low control rate.

flhtc3, I hear you about disorientation. The first attempt of my square loop had me flying around very close to the sun right where I didn't want to be but I stayed "cool" and managed to not suffer any bad control effects. Experience seems to be the key in dealing with disorientation. Thanks to you and Joe I am convinced that the "sound" when hand spinning the prop is a minor bearing situation that might "break-in" and smooth out on its own accord.

Joe, your realistic accounts of real air combat and the reactions of fellow fighter pilots add a lot of color that I hope will continue. The 109 is really a fun plane and it is great to be able to enjoy it with fun people.

JC, thanks for all your contributions! I will be treating myself to a DX7 in the near future thanks to your information on the threads.

Enjoy flying!

madwebtvscientist [sm=lol.gif]
[sm=cry_smile.gif]

Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of an esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:45 PM
paladin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ok guys, i just got the replacement motor for my me109. my me109 is runing fine so i don't want to swap back. so i have a parkzone fw190 and after reading all the problems with the stock power i'm thinking of replacing it. i have a AXI 2212/34 and now this e-power 15 from the me109. i think the 2212/34 is = to what i'm removing, maybe a slight improvement. the e-flight may be to much for the fw frame. what do you guys think on my power choices?

Joe
Old 12-24-2009, 11:07 AM
zsultan
My Feedback: (35)

Hi Guys,

I just ordered BF-109 and after reading lot of posts in the thread i am wondering if i could handle this bird. I flew T-28 and PZ stryker other than that have no experience with airplanes, but i primarily fly helicopters. I was just wondering if i bought a plane thats more than that i could handle. Wanted to get a Corsair but this one looks so cool that i got this one. Shall i fly without landing gear? to avoid hard landings?

Please advise on dos and donts.
Old 12-25-2009, 12:06 PM
mad web tv scientist

zsultan, welcome to MESSERSCHMITT excitement! Given your experience the 109 should be a piece of cake for you.

There are a few little details that could make a significant difference in the pleasure this ship can provide. I had to add a significant amount of weight to the right wing tips of both of my 109s. My GUNFIGHTER also required right wing tip weight. Given the torque these fighters have a little extra weight on the right wing tip seems like a very good idea.

I found that making sure that the CG is located 1/8-1/4 inch ahead of what the "destructions" (
Old 12-25-2009, 02:10 PM
zsultan
My Feedback: (35)

mad web tv scientist ,

Thank you very much for your response. Is it difficult to land this plane with landing gear?
However, I like the look of this plane in the air with out gear.
Old 12-25-2009, 07:38 PM
mad web tv scientist

zsultan, You are very welcome. Like you I really like the non-landing gear version of the 109. I used some scrap foam plastic to make a fake partial "retracted tail wheel" that looks like a retracted tail wheel on the full scale 109F. To keep the CG in the same spot as it is with the landing gear version with the battery all the way forward, I also removed some metal from the prop nut.

Since reading your post I have been vainly searching for my 109 landing gear data that I thought I posted somewhere. Can't find it.

I found the stock setup was too sensitive causing ground looping for me, especially on asphalt. I may continue bend adjusting the gear as needed for optimum landing performance. With the improved flap system that can be seen on page 6 and 7 of the next web site (see next url), the Messerschmitt lands beautifully with a little power applied all the way to touch down. I bent the gear back so the hubs are close to directly below the wing leading edge to prevent ground looping. Both axels are bent to provide noticeable toe in. Further bending has the wheels further apart than stock but with the same axel angles as stock as can be seen on page 6.

I love both planes. They provide perfect back up for each other. I can't even imagine life without either one.

ENJOY!

http://community-2.webtv.net/RICHARD...ORY/page7.html
Old 12-26-2009, 12:37 PM
glazier808
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: zsultan

Hi Guys,

I just ordered BF-109 and after reading lot of posts in the thread i am wondering if i could handle this bird. I flew T-28 and PZ stryker other than that have no experience with airplanes, but i primarily fly helicopters. I was just wondering if i bought a plane thats more than that i could handle. Wanted to get a Corsair but this one looks so cool that i got this one. Shall i fly without landing gear? to avoid hard landings?

Please advise on dos and donts.

I think you'll be fine, just keep up the speed and remember you have to fly this plane! It will not self correct! Watch you take offs and you'll be fine. This plane had and has tricky characteristics for even the best of flyers, but can be a fun flyer and is easy to figure out.

Other than the paint job, I've not modified my plane in any way other than using the optional flaps. I did however slip in my Futaba 2.4 7 channel reciever. Everything just plugged in, so other than reversing some servos in the transmitter it was painless. I've found that having my flaps on a dial is nice...easy to adjust your flaps to your current needs, not just having set points. This also had me thinking of using the flaperons function to increase the roll rate that was diminished after installing the flaps. It also looks pretty cool lol. Although I've programmed this function, and assigned it a switch,( so I can try it and turn it off if needed) I've yet to fly it with this setup.

I'll let you know.

Casey
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj22323.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	1342073   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xt60027.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	1342074  
Old 01-07-2010, 06:24 PM
stuntflyr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi all Messerschmitt flyers,
After two sessions with mixed results as far as TO, landing, and general flight quality, I found a few solutions for mine that made the third session a winner.

I have gotten many benefits from the small "stock" flaps when I installed them. I also tweaked the ailerons so that their trailing edges are just barely higher than the wings trailing edge for a tiny bit of washout. This made the slow flight during approach and landing much more stable.

The other part of my particular Bf-109's flying quality problems was solved by moving the battery all the way forward in the fuselage. I just used a paper towel to force it forward. I have read several other peoples comments about an aft cg, so this isn't new I know.

These three things made the model handle well enough to take off and land very well, and stop it from continually porpoising and makes the model a lot of fun to fly.
I also have to report that the models are fairly easy to repair. I wrecked my Bf-109 in a botched go-around after a battery problem, and the outboard wing panel and forward fuselage were severed. I was able to accurately epoxy them back together in one night, and that speaks well to these great scale models repairability. The next day I put in five flights on a model that was a wreck the day before, WOW!

Chris...

P.S. I had to also adjust one pushrod end on one side of the elevator to correct a roll off during loops. I had not adjusted any of the pushrod ends prior to flying it so a close look out of the box before flying might help with trim issues.
Old 01-14-2010, 03:09 PM
Wnuk

7:45 this AM I was at a local field for the maiden of my stock Bf 109. Temps were a balmy 23 degrees but winds were ZERO. Sun was just rising over the treetops behind me. Dropped the battery in, armed the ESC and did one final control throw check. All systems are a go! Having never hand launched a plane that I then needed to fly (have hand launched for others), I put the DX6i on a neck strap, opened the throttle wide and felt the Bf 109 want to leave my hand. A slight toss and she was airborne........................ but climbing into a stall! I quickly got on the elevator trim and put several clicks of elevator trim into it to get her straight and level. Phew........ takes deep breath. From there 2 right aileron clicks and she was hands off level. With the angle of the sun hitting her side she looked as stunning as my wife did on our wedding day. I ran a few circuits to get a feel for her. I liked the elevator response on low throws. The rudder felt better on high throw and the roll rate on low aileron was good but I didn't try high rate as my hands were getting bitter cold. One quick loop and victory roll was all this sortie was about to get from me. Most my flying was done at half to three quarters throttle and it flew very well, fast enough but not blazing fast. I then backed her down to under half to practice final approach. I knew enough to leave throttle on till near touch down as most warbirds have a tendency to tip stall if getting too slow. After two practice approaches, I set it up from a left hand turn and came out at dead center runway, slowly eased off throttle and let her settle in till she was maybe 8 inches off the ground. I dropped throttle to zero and gently feed it elevator until the tail wheel touched down softly in the snow. That brought her to a nice stop with just a 1 foot skid, ending up 8 feet past my standing spot. I stood there with a big grin for a moment till I went to retrieve her. After removing the canopy, I then realized why belling landing in the snow could be bad. The air scoop on the belly was packed with snow and there were some water droplets on the ESC and battery! Unplugged everything and got some napkins out to dry them up.

All in all in was a great first flight. Having cold hands but two fresh batterys, I decided that I needed to get to my customers site before another flight. Thinking the afternoon would be better, I headed to another field after finishng up work only to find the winds around 10 MPH. Well, feeling confident, I launched away anyhow! Though she penetrated the winds fine, each time it would make a turn I couldn't help but feel that she would get blown over. So after 3 short minutes I brought her back in again. Hoping for more cooperative weather soon as this is a thing of beauty to see airborne.
Old 01-14-2010, 03:17 PM
glazier808

Nice, they do look good in the air don't they...

here's one up close of mine...

Name:	Xv62924.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	1356017  
Old 01-14-2010, 05:21 PM
Wnuk

Nice paint scheme Glaizer! Where did you get the inspiration?

This is my first foam plane after years of balsa and monokote. I need to learn the ropes of painting these things.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:31 PM
glazier808

Thanks!

picked the scheme off of WINGS PALLETTE (actually my wife and daughter did after I narrowed their choices to about 6)

http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww2/f/33/2

wanted to make it more visible as the stock scheme "blends" well here in the Valley of Northern California. I used floral paints that are foam safe that I picked up from the local craft store.

Old 01-15-2010, 12:16 AM
chetterb

Hey zzz12, if you haven't gotten an answer yet, here's what happens to me. Too much elevator causes a tip stall (even inverted) and will roll the plane out in 'unauthorized' poitions and attitudes. Mostly due to the P factor of the prop/motor. This happens to me on my nitro planes and all I have to do is reduce the elevator throw by a tiny bit and all is good. That also gives it a much more scale like manuver. Hope it helps..
Old 01-15-2010, 01:43 PM
glazier808

I've removed my gear for hand launches,(and due to that fact that it just looks better without the gear hangingdown) but saw that without some sort of protection, the linkages were going to tear out the control surfaces as they caught in the grass. So here was my answer. Underwing cannon pods!. These not only protect the flap and aileron linkages, but keeps the nose up in the grass and is easier on the prop...

now then, on to the bomb drop!

Casey

Name:	Sq48230.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	1356604   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yu63650.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	1356605  
Old 01-15-2010, 05:39 PM
Wnuk

Nice idea!

As of now, I've only landed in snow but didn't have any problems with the linkages hitting the ground. Maybe as the grass grows it wil.
Old 01-16-2010, 02:09 AM
glazier808

spent alittle time tonight and got the bomb drop mounted and working, I just need to secure the servo now.

Casey

added alittle black to the wing radiators too. Looks better I think.

Name:	Db86387.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	1357063   Click image for larger version

Name:	So42557.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	1357064  
Old 01-17-2010, 12:33 PM
Oregon Craig

The one I ordered for X-mas finally came. Better late than never. Looks nice. Elevator servo is inop out of the box however. Just makes a high pitch screaming sound, as if it were stuck, unless I command either UP or DOWN elevator, then it whines a bit lower. This is with the plastic control arm completely removed from the splined output shaft completely removing any loading or binding from the servo. With a freshly charged 3S 2200, while the motor can scream and ALL OTHER servos operate perfectly, this one just screams and does not move. I certainly hope those servos aren't permanently glued into styrofoam, otherwise how would they ever get replaced without destroying the mounting area in the fuselage? It sure appears to be stuck in place very well. I will contact the HH customer "service" and see how it goes. Almost had it ready for a maiden. It's raining dogs and cats here today anyway.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:00 PM
Oregon Craig

New servo on the way. Still not sure how to get the D.O.A. servo out of the foam fuselage. Appears to be glued in place? Hate to tear up the area around it so the new one doesn't fit tight.
Old 01-18-2010, 10:52 PM
MAX HEADSPEED

ORIGINAL: N7OR

New servo on the way. Still not sure how to get the D.O.A. servo out of the foam fuselage. Appears to be glued in place? Hate to tear up the area around it so the new one doesn't fit tight.
Hey! Before you use that chainsaw just try using an Exacto #7, or equivalent, with a new blade and just carfully slice through the bonding goo/caulk close up to the servo body. A simple stroke or two on either side of the servo should get it loose and just carefully slice a little more into the goo/caulk as you wiggle the servo out. Don't cut the foam. They only use a dab on either side to hold them in. I use a a little RTV sealant to secure the new ones. Let it dry/ set before use and always check them in pre-flight to ensure they're secured in their mountings.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:14 PM
Oregon Craig

Good to know, thanks. I wasn't even positive that it WAS held by glue, so that helps. Should be able to do that. Thanks again.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:39 PM
t57f100

ok i have about 6 flights on my me109 here is the report out with the parkzone 15 and in with the eflite 15 wow and out with the 30 amp and in the 40 amp light from eflite another great add on with a 11x6 prop swtiching from apc to master airscrew what a difference.rocket ship with awesome power to go into combat and come home alive also changed landing gear that wire stuff just doesnt work on a grass full of ruts ball feild and on with the hallco white plastic gear havent flown it with the new gear yet but if anybody wants info pm i share my secret its all in hot glue and plastic screws z foam is the best.all i can say is i love the parkzone warbirds for sure.if anybody is interested call horizon hobby email snail mail text them facebook them do what ever you have to but bug them for a z foam fokker dr1 this will be a hot seller for sure.pm if anybody has ideas i have been writing them for overa month i need people to call them to let them know we need a dr1 z foam in the pz line up
Old 01-19-2010, 07:49 PM
glazier808

ORIGINAL: N7OR

sorry I couldn't reply before now, but I'm glad someone else did! It's just soft caulking and easy to cut out. You can pull the remainder out after you remove the servo.

I had to replace my bomb drop servo. I forgot to set the endpoint and stripped the gears lol.

I'll post some finished shots in a day or two...

Casey
Old 01-20-2010, 02:22 PM
Oregon Craig

I got it out, (elevator servo) and got curious. I removed the 4 screws, lifted the top cover to see if I could see what was bound up. Everything was looking right and the motor and feedback pot were free to turn, so I put the top back on and it appears fine now. I won't trust it, as elevator control can be pretty handy to have! I'll put the new one in and put this one aside as a "probably" bad servo. Maybe I can use it in the future for something, but not the maiden flight elevator control!
Old 01-20-2010, 06:23 PM
Wnuk

Maybe you had linkage binding holding the servo up. Check the pushrods for binding. I had some in mine and am slowly working it loose. It may not have been a servo after all but I'm with you, I wouldn't trust it again[8D]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.