Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

Can Anyone Tell Me What Plane This Is?

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Can Anyone Tell Me What Plane This Is?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 06:17 AM
secret_squirrel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can Anyone Tell Me What Plane This Is?

Just purchased this plane at a local swap meet. It is ready to fly minus the CG. Can anyone tell me what airplane it is and the recommended CG.

Thanks,
Dan
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw66632.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	1680398  
Old 10-30-2011, 07:06 AM
Gizmo-RCU
My Feedback: (27)

Default RE: Can Anyone Tell Me What Plane This Is?

Looks like something from Morris Hobbys, the paint is a little distracting? The balance will be close if you use the wing spar(deepest place on the wing cross section) you can then refine it if need be, but should be good to go with a little trimming.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:22 AM
secret_squirrel

ORIGINAL: Gizmo-RCU

Looks like something from Morris Hobbys, the paint is a little distracting? The balance will be close if you use the wing spar(deepest place on the wing cross section) you can then refine it if need be, but should be good to go with a little trimming.

Thanks Gizmo.

Forgot to mention, it is a foam wing so it is hard to tell where the spare is. I found a CG calculator online and got 2 1/2 to 3 3/4 from the leading edge. How does that sound?

Thanks,
Dan
Old 10-30-2011, 09:46 AM
Gizmo-RCU
My Feedback: (27)

Foam wing sounds like a Lanier kit, does it have an ABS cowl and other parts? A good CG starting point is about 25% back from the leading edge, about where the rib cross section is the thickest, that would be where a spar would be located normally. Go slightly forward to be slightly nose heavy better than to other way around.

Keep us posted!