Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

ENGINE MOUNTING ON PRO YAK 47

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

ENGINE MOUNTING ON PRO YAK 47

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 10:16 AM
jaj333

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ENGINE MOUNTING ON PRO YAK 47

I'm puttng together a ohio models pro yak 47. Going to use a Satio 82A. Does anyone know about how far to mount the motor on the wooden rails. I don't want to have to keep moving it back and forth to get it right for balance. As said I'm using a Satio 82A. Another comment I have is these instuctions are really poor. I have built all kind on ARFS Kits and so on. Man these intructions suck.

Some help if anyone has the answer.

Thanks
Old 10-02-2011, 10:50 AM
ThumbSkull
My Feedback: (57)

Default RE: ENGINE MOUNTING ON PRO YAK 47

Look at it like this. Put the engine on very last. Use it to BALANCE the plane to the plan CG.
If you put the engine on first then yo can only hope that the other stuff can be moved around enough to get the CG where it's needed.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:27 PM
Ernie Misner

Did you get your Saito on there and how did it come out? I have an OS 55 on mine, AAA battery near the trailing edge of the wing and balance came out really neutral. Engine weights are similar. I can measure it if you like. Keep us posted.

Ernie
Old 11-15-2011, 11:19 AM
Wingspam

What ever u do glue the 2 wing tube in place..lost mine in a.flat spin....i didn't glue in the wing tubes.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:58 PM
Ernie Misner

The Edge has the twin carbon tubes. The Yak just has one larger one. On my Edge I glued the twin tubes into just one wing half to make it easier to assemble, that's all. Once together the center wing bolt holds it all together. I replaced that nylon bolt with a steel one though. Are you sure the wing bolt didn't let go????

Keep us posted,

Ernie