Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

Ailerons up for harrier.

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Ailerons up for harrier.

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2002, 02:02 AM
bigbigjoe
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ailerons up for harrier.

I read that it is easier to do the Harrier if the ailerons are mixed to go up with up elevator. I have a Super 7 Futaba computer radio and on switch C in th up position I have ailerons mixed with elevator- up elevator down ailerons. How do I set this up so that I can mix up elevator- up aileron on this same switch. On the down position on switch C I have airbrakes mixed in. I think this is the right forum because the fun fliers might not be in that forum as much.
Old 08-31-2002, 02:11 AM
Kevins_RC
My Feedback: (1)

Default Up Elevator & Up Ailerons - For harrier?

Mixing up ailerons will give you spoilers, which will cut the lift of the wing. I've heard of some people using flapperons (Up elevator + down ailerons) used for Harriers, and up elevator and up ailerons for Elevator manuvers.
Check your advance menu and see if you have airbrake setting. I use the 8UAF so I am not sure about the 7 series.
Kevin
Old 08-31-2002, 07:29 AM
bugsiegel
My Feedback: (2)

Default ....

I agree with the both of you two.
I have heard of people using spoilerons for a harrier.
BUT i have tried it and it seem to work against the harrier.
the flapperon mix works better for my menace in a harrier. just as prevously stated, flaps down will give more lift.
I don't know if different planes will react different.
Old 08-31-2002, 11:46 AM
DonH21
My Feedback: (3)

Last year I built the Morris Sudokoi. I didn't check my flap position and ended up with spoilerons. In the air with the mix on it seemed a little strange. When it came in for a landing it was the smoothest high nose landing with out the floating ground effect. Thats when i noticed the spoilerons. The aileron where moving in the right direction so I didn't think of the flaps would be in the wrong direction.
On my RD 6000 it doesn't have the ability to switch from flaperon to spoilerons with mix.
So I ended up using the flap position switch and turn off my flap ele mix. Well it'll have to do for now.

Don
Old 08-31-2002, 09:28 PM
vertigo
My Feedback: (1)

Default spoilerons

Hi bigjoe,
I think the people that fly the large scale models do use spoileron when doing the harrier. It's been my experiance with the 40 size profiles that it makes them wing wobble much worse than no ele/ail mix at all and some models harrier good with the flapperon mix you have.
With the Super 7 you may have settle for a fixed spoilern setting when you move switch c down. You can program spoileron to elevator when you move switch c up but you wouldn't have flapperons then.
With all the 40 size profiles i've flown, spoilerns and the harrier don't work.
Happy Harriers
Old 09-03-2002, 05:59 PM
ceandra

DonH21:

Try swapping the servo leads at the receiver for your two aileron servos. This should give flap mixing instead of spoiler mixing, given that your radio will not reverse this for you.

Chuck
Old 09-13-2002, 02:27 AM
AtomicFrawg
My Feedback: (8)

I use spoilerons on my TopCap to do harriers and the perttiest elevators to landings

later
Chris
Old 09-14-2002, 12:50 AM
tsmart

I had up ailerons mixed with up elevator on my aces 1 edge, it just wanted to loop. So I took out the elevator totally, just up flaps and BINGO instant hariers easy. But you gotta steer a little more with the rudder.