Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

TMPro USA Extra 260 Cool!!

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

TMPro USA Extra 260 Cool!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 08:10 AM
Johnny Mojo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TMPro USA Extra 260 Cool!!

Very well said Spacey...I agree with you 100%. Now where is my XANAX!

Your Friend,

J.[sm=redface.gif]
Old 07-22-2007, 08:20 AM
Hobby-Motory

a little faster to load video, same flight but little edited.

www.topmodelproduction.com/mov/Extra260P46.wmv

Hopefully we will see more video's coming soon...
Old 07-22-2007, 11:05 AM
oregonrc
My Feedback: (32)

I'd love to order one of these but I'm a little unsure of the pricing. Some say that they picked theirs up for $89.99, others say $149.00. On their website the Patty schemed ARF is listed at $119.99. What gives. What's the actual price going to be? Until then, I'll wait to order one.
Old 07-22-2007, 02:54 PM
JustErik

ORIGINAL: oregonrc

I'd love to order one of these but I'm a little unsure of the pricing. Some say that they picked theirs up for $89.99, others say $149.00. On their website the Patty schemed ARF is listed at $119.99. What gives. What's the actual price going to be? Until then, I'll wait to order one.
The plane, as far as I know, has been sold for all those prices. For a while, there was a classified ad running here on RCU. The price bounced around a bit from $89.99 to $119.99 and maybe higher. I happened to stumble across this thread when it hit $89.99 and figured that it was worth the risk at that price. That was several months ago and mine is still sitting in the box untouched. I'll get to it some day, but for now it simply has to wait its turn.
Old 07-22-2007, 04:00 PM
Hobby-Motory

there been some managment mistakes and the prices did went up and down twice.
The price advertised now is correct and it is 119.95$ + shipping for Patty trim ARF, little cheaper for all white U-Trim.
those prices till stock end, once the next shipment will land in the US prices will be 149.95$
Old 07-23-2007, 01:41 AM
budshobby

Don't worry guys, prices will come DOWN, way down. It's unfortunate TMPro hasn't learned Dion's lesson and still tries to play games with customers. But with so much new planes coming on stream in the next few months from Swany, OMP, Copperhead etc, I don't see the TMPro's price going anywhere but down. It's like if you can buy a BMW, would you pay the same price for a Hyundai?
Old 07-23-2007, 06:53 AM
TailTwister
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: budshobby
Hey Dion, looks like you have been officially abandoned by everybody. I am sure you won't be missed and a year from now, we will wonder if you ever even existed. Seriously, a guy with that much character flaw, could it be that he was just a bad dream? Happy trails!
Nice! [sm=lol.gif]

Odds are that he will be back, but TMPro is looking better by the day.

Old 07-23-2007, 04:50 PM
oregonrc
My Feedback: (32)

$149.95? Good luck with that. I'm hesitant to purchase one of these at the current price. I for one am certain that I wouldn't pay $150. I'm just a bit ticked that some people have paid up to $30 less for their plane. I guess I'll wait and see. I hear that the Mojo may be coming back.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:58 PM
Johnny Mojo

ORIGINAL: oregonrc

I hear that the Mojo may be coming back.

It is!

J.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:07 PM
AEROFUNRC

first at all what tim from copperhead is talking bad about tm pro models i dont go to..... what happened to cooperhead stiffis tread , and talk bad about the planes, that are the most hard planes to fly, too heavy , i never talk bad about stiffys or copperhead or ooops.... super venom engines is better to keep that on silence and i dont have to say nothing bad people know what i am saying , and thats rigth you have to change the landing gear, the hardware looks good but for the price and a arf is very good ,better than a heavy foam block [:'(] lol
Old 07-23-2007, 06:35 PM
novabill

Woah, it seems as there are to many companies bidding for top spot. There are to many good products out here. The 260P is a top dog, as is the Bad Boy, Edge V-3 and the MOJO. These planes are relatively inexpensive and in my experience, we keep 2 or 3 planes in the harem at any given time. We beat the crap out of these planes and always keep an eye out for a new-commer. It's this simple! The price of the 260 is $120. Buy it, fly it, violate it and then let your friends have a turn at the joystick. I have never seen so many people express a biased opinion on an untested plane as I have in this thread. The aerofun boys will tell you if a plane is crap. They like this plane! Is it their favorite?????? Hell, I don't know! They like it though. I like it also.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:10 AM
budshobby

Are you serious? To mention TMPro in the same breath as Copperhead is a joke! Let's see, we will start off with the Chinacote covering that's used on the TMPro, which by the way, will come off at the first touch of nitro fuel. Then you have the winglets, on a profile! What a joke. And who is the genius that designed the E-260 anyway? For my money, I will take Swany, Quicker, OMP or Copperhead any day. Besides, have you even flown a Stiffy? Last I heard they are not even selling them in Panama. Don't worry boys, I am willing to make a very generous bet that TMPro will change the price to below $89 when they realize their mind games are not getting them anywhere. People are no fool around here.

ORIGINAL: AEROFUNRC

first at all what tim from copperhead is talking bad about tm pro models i dont go to..... what happened to cooperhead stiffis tread , and talk bad about the planes, that are the most hard planes to fly, too heavy , i never talk bad about stiffys or copperhead or ooops.... super venom engines is better to keep that on silence and i dont have to say nothing bad people know what i am saying , and thats rigth you have to change the landing gear, the hardware looks good but for the price and a arf is very good ,better than a heavy foam block [:'(] lol
Old 07-24-2007, 01:22 AM
CopperheadAV

Yeah they have flown them. They were swearing the stiffy was the best planes out there when I was giving them to them, now that I'm not, their opinion has changed a bit! I think you get the picture of how it works with those two. Great flyers, but some creditability issues there.
Old 07-24-2007, 07:41 AM
TailTwister

Tim, I knew I recognized the background in that video. Aerofun was the guy flying the glow powered stiffy wasn't he? I wonder if that's the reason he felt it was so heavy...

Sad thing is, that while all this hulla-baloo over the staffing issues at TMProUSA was going on, the other guys just kept on churning out superior aircraft.

Daniel, if I were you, I'd folld the market with TMPro Extra 260s at as low of a price as possible, and bank on my next plane as my financial recovery. I don't see a large amount of folks paying $119 or $149 for a plane that struggled to fly at $89.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:07 AM
CopperheadAV

Bingo!!!
Old 07-24-2007, 08:26 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Staffing issues? Give me a break Frank, once again you don't know a thing about anything. If you know so much about the RC market then why don't you take the time to jump in head first instead of being a perpetual forum troll. Do you realize just how obvious you are?

Tim I'm really surprised you're getting sucked into this BS. But then again all ProBros and their supporters are as predictable as the sun shines, much like your buddy Frank.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:38 AM
CopperheadAV

D,

I got sucked in because I find the Pimp bro's offensive. Their off handed comments (directed at me) earlier in this thread ped me off!! I didn’t bash the product, but find the strategy a bit startling. I do have a vested interest in that warehouse full of Fusions and I can assure you that the V2 covering will stay on the frame!!

Cheers,

Tim
Old 07-24-2007, 09:24 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Gotcha. Never had a single complaint on the Extra 260 covering either. Same exact brand covering as the Katana V2 covering and never saw a bad comment on that covering as well. This is why both of these planes are priced accordingly, 20-30 less for just as good quality or real close.

Honestly I think TMPro is the only company to ever find a knock off covering that fills the needs of the pilots and is "close as you can get. One of the main reason that people buy profiles is to fly the crap out of them and to keep the costs down. If you want a brand name covering then look no further then your line of product. However it's always been the focus of TMPro to give people what they want.

Also in regards to Budshobby and the winglets, it's not even worth responding, but I will. The wingets can be added or removed with 2 small screws. However that's up to the pilot to decide, but they are more or less free to the customer. The plane does perform different with them attached as reported by everyone that has a 260.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:43 AM
aerofundan

[8D] [8D]
Old 07-24-2007, 09:49 AM
aerofundan

[8D] [8D]
Old 07-24-2007, 09:52 AM
TailTwister

I think the covering issue Tim mentioned was not the Katana or the Extra Dion.

As for being a troll, have my last couple of posts not been in support of Daniel and his products?

Well Dion?

As for my involvement in the RC industry, it might interest you to know that Daniel has actually asked me to help him find reputable distribution for some new product he has coming. I made a few suggestions (with no product or compensation as part of the deal), and I can't wait to see how he does with his new direction. Maybe he takes my advice, maybe not. All in his court now.

Also, for an "official" contribution, I have a pending job offer in the industry, under negotiation now. Where it goes may be an interesting consideration. Certainly, it means bringing premium RC products to customers. Not only 3D and profiles, but loads of stuff. Maybe my days with Wal*Mart Asset Protection are now numbered, and I'll be able to converse with you more often...

I'll see you on your next RC business venture Dion, I promise. Good job "marketing" TMProUSA into the dirt...

Best wishes to Daniel and TMPro.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:56 AM
TailTwister

I actually liked the glow powered Stiffy video. I thought it was cool.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:57 AM
CopperheadAV

ORIGINAL: aerofundan

ORIGINAL: CopperheadAV

Yeah they have flown them. They were swearing the stiffy was the best planes out there when I was giving them to them, now that I'm not, their opinion has changed a bit! I think you get the picture of how it works with those two. Great flyers, but some creditability issues there.
What happens is, at the time the stiffy was out, it was the best plane, and thats why we said we liked it, but when the airfoilz came out, that changed, the airfoilz flys like an airplane... (and i have an airfoilz yak and edge, which i enjoy very much) the stiffy flys like a piece of concrete. Try doing some inverted harriers / waterfalls on the stiffy and you will see how it will tip stall like crazy... also knife edge has the most crazy coupling ever on any plane........ try doing it on an airfoilz and you will see it will do it just like the simulator no coupling or wing rock at all..... and for those who say we had never flown a stiffy... i can tell you no one in this world has flown those planes as much as us, and its not a bad sport plane, but if you want serious performance, the plane is simply a joke. Also the company operates in a way that they always hijack the enemies threads posting bad stuff about the competition, and saying how better their plane is... Please Tim don't get this started, there is no point, the only reason the probrothers are on your side now is because you are giving them free stuff, because before, william and you got totally owned at the probro site because they all hate you for the way you treat people.. I bet some of the probrothers still remember that thread....

You’re lucky you not in the US son or you would be in handcuffs for the little stunt you pulled through erasing our web site and deleting 3 years worth of email. This is the honesty and integrity you have shown everyone Daniel!
Old 07-24-2007, 09:59 AM
TailTwister

Hadn't heard that one.[sm=what_smile.gif]
Old 07-24-2007, 10:15 AM
TailTwister

BTW, it's EAA week, and Aluminum Overcast has been flying over my house for days...

What a cool freakin' sound...

Sorry, back on topic now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.