Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

Anyone running the Webra 120?

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Anyone running the Webra 120?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2003, 06:45 AM
PLANEBENDER
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone running the Webra 120?

We just bought a Webra 120 speed to use in our new prototype 48X48 PBF. It should come in at about 10lbs, We've heard some good things about it, but you never know. I plan to use the APC 16X4 funfly prop. Thanks all .......BENDER
Old 02-26-2003, 12:20 PM
Kevins_RC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've run the Webra 120 for many years. In fact I have one that is on its third ring - I love them. I've always run like a APC 16X8 on mine. I would think that the 16X4 would be too small of a load factor, though realizing that it is going to be on a PBF , I guess it really wouldn't matter. You'll never get into the high r's anyways. Good luck!
Kevin
Old 02-27-2003, 09:59 PM
TailTwister

I've had 2 and love them. I usually fly a 16x6 (9,600 to 10,000 rpm depending on my mood) APC. A 16x4 would probably over rev if you ever got it to full power. Does anyone make an 18x5 other than Zinger? The Zinger 18x5 may work for you. It is not the most efficient prop, but it may be ok for a PBF. For the planes I've used it on it just never seemed to get going. Maybe get one and shave it to 17x5???
Old 02-27-2003, 11:05 PM
Texas 3D
My Feedback: (16)

I have heard and read here that they need a cline regulator to run properly. Do a search.
I have one on a Goldberg Ultimate with cline regulator, but the beast is still being build. As soon as it is finished, it will go for sale.
Old 02-27-2003, 11:57 PM
Hinckley Bill
My Feedback: (569)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Get information from CHook...

Hey Bender,

I haven't personally run the Webra 120 but I did just purchase a One Design from Carey Hook and it has the W-120 in it....it's not setup with a Cline regulator but does have a Perry pump...

When I met with Carey to pick the plane up he couldn't say enough good things about the setup and how well it handled this plane....I do know that he was running FAI fuel (methanol) ..

My suggestion is to send CHook a pm or email and get his feedback directly...he's a great guy and will glady share his knowledge.

Hope this helps,

Bill
Old 02-28-2003, 02:31 PM
TailTwister

Of my two Webras, one wanted a pump. I went with the Perry. It had a real crummy midrange (loading up), and wanted to "go lean" on extended up lines. (A Goldberg Ultimate by the way) I set the (both) needles a hair lean, then added pressure until it sounded right. I literally never touched the needle after that. It ran in all sorts of temps with no problem. My second one did fine without the pump on an AeroWorks Edge. For 31 ounces (including a muffler) and $225, you'd be hard pressed to find a stronger engine. You'd probably have to look to a Saito 180 or somthing, and pay a bunch more $$$. Add a Jett Engineering Jett Stream Muffler, and I'd bet it out performs the Saito too.
Old 02-28-2003, 05:08 PM
onewinglow

Great engines, wished I never sold mine.
Scott
Old 03-03-2003, 05:46 AM
PLANEBENDER
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thank you all

Thanks for all the posts, We have flown the 48X48 pbf and other that some slight (entire airplane) flutter it flew great! we will increase the servo power and stiffen a few things and I'm sure we will have ourselfs a winner night box. The Webra ran great straight out of the box. Thanks to all again... BENDER