Community
Search
Notices
Quadra-Aerrow Engines Get direct support for you Quadra-Aerrow Engines here!

electronic ign. for your quadra for $13.00

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 06:46 PM
slowas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electronic ign. for your quadra for $13.00

go to a mower or weedeater parts place and order a universal ignition module # 33-053 . it weights 1/4 of an oz. you can mount it anywhere on your plane. it cost $9.00 to 13.00 ea. it will make your q35 or larger quadra run like a raped ape! it will accelerate from 0 to wide open in a split second and; it will out do your points! i start mine on points and use a switch to move to electric ign ; this is because i finger start ;cranking only on elec. ign .needs a spring starter to flip the motor over quicker to make the spark hotter to crank quicker... Then cut the engine off from the electric ign. now you will never have that stubborn re-crank that sometimes happens when you cut off your motor with points. these evil little ignition modules made in china will work up to 20hp single piston engines 2 cycle or 4cycle as long as you have a regular coil made for points and magnets on your flywheel.. all you do is cut the one wire that goes to your points from the flywheel coil and route it to the module mounted in your plane so simple its unreal! if you have any questions on these motors just ask i have a lot of experence on the older ones.i also recondition solid hardened rubber based diaphrams that can't be found for old carburators as long as it dont have a hole in it. P-S allways check your flywheel key or keyway because if the plane hit the ground and broke the prop there is a good chance this key is shered off or partial shered which will throw off your timing and no kind of ign. will work untill you replace the keyway.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:44 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: electronic ign. for your quadra for $13.00

This tip is for the old engines that still had points
Old 05-19-2009, 06:39 PM
slowas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: electronic ign. for your quadra for $13.00

you are correct! all the few people having problems on this web page have old engines and need help ;and need there babies running again! also modern engines with points can also use these ign. modules. Companys are now using points because the engines are cranking easier and all- so break down quicker after the warrenty expires so they sell more engines to people that can't repair there engine or charge repair prices..I have instructed classes on repairing many engines at our community college and retired from local gov. doing so. I all so feel if a person feels he or she is getting there moneys worth by paying big bucks for a well advertised ign. module; well thats there money and they should be able to spend it on the advertisement. I only post to help poor fokes and the retired that live on a set income.