Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

cool power fuel ?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

cool power fuel ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 10:41 AM
tazzzz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default cool power fuel ?

i was given a couple of fresh gallons of Cool Power total synthetic model engine fuel,,,I need to know if I can use it in my OS 2 and 4 strokes Ive been using Omega fuel 15% ( the pink stuff) Can I change over with no problems, and do I have to tune the engines differently. Ive never used this green fuel,,I just dont want to damage anything in the process,,it also says NOT to use afterrun oil,,,,is this right? This cool power is also 15%

Thanks in advanceTAZZZZ[]
Old 04-01-2011, 10:46 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts
Default RE: cool power fuel ?

Yes it will run fine (it will make less mess cuz there's no castor)

Always safe to richen a bit and tune from there.

Doens't need after run
Old 04-01-2011, 11:02 AM
tazzzz

Should I use after run oil,,if it sits for any length of time?I just feel a little uncomfortable about not using it. Thanx
Old 04-01-2011, 11:18 AM
RCPAUL
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess I do not see why a totally synthetic oil fuel doesn't need after-run oil. It is the methanol that causes all the problems - not the oil. I always run my engines dry and use after-run oil.
Actually if it was my engines, I'd add a little castor oil to the mix.

Paul
Old 04-01-2011, 11:36 AM
carrellh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool Power and Omega are supposed to have additives that eliminate the need for afterrun oil.
One thing is for sure: adding the oil will not damage the engine.
If you are more comfortable using it, do not let a label on a bottle change your mind.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:56 AM
ChuckW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I run Coolpower 15% in every glow engine I own including 2-stroke and 4-stroke, regardless of the brand. It has always worked flawlessly and I've never had alubrication-related engine problem. I love the stuff.

I do not use after-run oil unless the engine is being stored for more than a few weeks. Ido live in an area with hot, dry summers though so corrosion is not much of an issue. The winters are cool and damp but my engines do not operate in the thick, humid summer air like they might in some parts of the country. Imight opt for a few drops of after-run oil just to play it safe if I lived in that type of weather.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:37 PM
tazzzz

Thanks Guys,,,,I rest in peace?
Old 04-03-2011, 09:05 PM
GREG DOE

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

You live in Wilmington, NC: USE afterrun oil if your engines are idle for more than a few days.
Even though you haven't previously had problems, you are in a high humidity area. Your equipment
is probably in a air conditioned home most of the time, except when you fly. The problem is if
for some reason your engines were exposed to your salty, humid climate, for a few days, the anti corrosion ingredients in any fuel might not be sufficient. I don't use after run, but I always run my
engines dry, and I do it with the fuel line disconnected and repeatedly turning the engine over with
the starter, and the battery connected until all the fuel has been burned up in the engine. If I lived
anywhere near the ocean like you do, I would use after run.