Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Greyhound shipped plane, LOST! , HELP!

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Greyhound shipped plane, LOST! , HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 02:01 PM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Greyhound shipped plane, LOST! , HELP!

ORIGINAL: Warbirdguy

If your paypal account is linked to your CC or bank account, it will be done automatically. You cant stop it. Will then be up to you and your bank or CC company. Its a nightmare, trust me It happened to me. Not with a model but with parts supplier I deal with. Hope your end comes out better. You at least have a chance of getting your plane back.

WBG
Reading this thread has just brought back horror memories of junk I have had to deal with in my lifetime and most every time it was a couple bad apples and even more in some cases. The problem today is in the corporate world no one is responsible! I am sure some of us could post pages of things like this!

I recently had a dealing with a couple of "snakes" (I could not find a better word for them believe me snakes is being kind) at BB&T Commercial that would make most so very angry no telling what they would do. I am a peaceable man and controlled myself through it. I documented everything that happened in my situation. It would take pages to explain, so I will just leave it at a "very bad nightmarish" experience.

I know what Denny means when he states the word "nightmare". I am sure this has caused him much anguish and no telling how this will affect who he does business with. I hope that good will certainly come out of it and any lessons that need to be learned and heeded will be utilized.

Something is bad wrong with the way business is done in this country now and to get a human being on the phone to speak with you is just about impossible anymore. You are always wrong, no matter what you say nor how honest you are. I guess coming up when I did and being raised to be accountable for my choices no matter what happened is something that does not exist anymore or at least is a rare thing in today's society.

OK, rant done [X(]
Old 07-25-2011, 02:06 PM
chris923
My Feedback: (53)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Denny,

I am sorry for lost money, however, Paypal/Ebay with screw up you credit if they don't get the money! Ebay is huge!
I would be carefull throwing stones at them. No I don't work for Paypal or Ebay.... But I have known others that have gotten burned.

Chris923
Old 07-25-2011, 02:17 PM
tenacious101010
My Feedback: (97)

WOW, I did accidently not X out his name, its gone now. read the whole thread, , I did miss it one time, thanks for pointing it out.
Old 07-25-2011, 02:19 PM
tenacious101010

UM, read again, no inferrence of this buyers intentions. It was pretty obviously a hypothetical sitaution and was stated as a possibility only. Geez...
Old 07-25-2011, 03:13 PM
Lnewqban

Hard to read, but great story!

Luchnia's post is my favorite one so far.

You are a really tenacious man, and I am on your side.

Definition of TENACIOUS

a : not easily pulled apart : cohesive
b : tending to adhere or cling especially to another substance <tenacious burs>
a : persistent in maintaining, adhering to, or seeking something valued or desired
<tenacious negotiators>
b : retentive

— te·na·ci·ous·ly adverb
— te·na·cious·ness noun

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/tenacious
Old 07-25-2011, 03:59 PM
tenacious101010

LOL Lnewqban, I appreciate the kind words. What matters most is a fair resolution to all involved parties in the situation. The buyer has had his money returned. He did just a bit more than the minimum of what was required of him in my opinion. Paypal will get their money as my corperate policies allow based on Greyhounds timetable for refund of my insurance of the plane and the shipping crate. I would gladly take the plane back and give Paypal their money. But if they think that they make all the rules here, they are mistaken. I will treat them like a person, an individual. They have an established way of handling the claim, as greyhound does and as I do to. It seems very fair to me.
Again, the focus of this thread should be, how it is handled by the parties involved. Hopefully we all can make a more informed decision on our shipping options. The buyer needs to be protected as does the seller. This should help people understand their responsibilities and how to protect themselves.
One thing I learned today is, you can pay for $1,000 in insurance, and Greyhound will accept the money for that amount, but, they wont pay that amount unless you prove the value of your item. How screwy is that? I believe I understood what they were saying, but it seems odd I paid for $300 in insurance but.... well read their last letter and it sems obvious what they are saying.

In my last email to Greyhound, I invited them to join in on the thread, I sent them the link so they can clarify their stance. I was hoping they would explain all the times the ball was dropped by them. Or maybe there was a death in the family, and the kids were sick, and what ever might have happened at Corperate.
Denny
Old 07-25-2011, 04:35 PM
lopflyers
My Feedback: (12)

Oh WOW, I hope this is not the end of this story, it is not a happy ending.
Im even going to the Orlando Greyhound station, maybe I can spot the box here.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:38 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

Last time i had an issue like this (as a buyer) with paypal and they ruled in my favor, even though the money was "refunded" to me, it never showed up in my account. the reason for this was b/c the seller didn't have any money in his account. So a few weeks later, i saw him selling the same item i bought (and never received). So i opened a new account on that website and "purchased" the item again. He opened a new paypal account. I send this information to paypal and all they said was "This case has already come to a resolution, your money will be refunded when the other member assigns an account for funding to their paypal account". 6 years later, i'm still waiting for my $6,500.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:44 PM
AmishWarlord
My Feedback: (5)

"Here, let me get on the phone and straiten this mess out".

It's sad but this just doesn’t work any more. Like dealing with the cell phone companies. I got a smart phone with Internet service. "Unlimited". Got the first phone bill $400. I went down to the store and spent 3 hours there working it out. Seems that I was on a basic plane instead of the unlimited plan I had a contract for. Next month $480. Went back to the store and they said they couldn't help, I'd have to call corporate. Spent 4 hours on the phone and got it worked out once again. No pass due $400 just owe the $80. Next month $480 "Please pay the past due amount of $400 in two days or else". Called again, was told I owed $400 in Internet fees from two months ago and that would have to be paid before I could use my phone again. They wouldn't listen that I had a contract for unlimited service and that I had gotten this mess worked out twice already. Phone got cut off and I got a letter saying I now owe $880.00 to them. $480 past due plus $400 early termination. $880 to use a cell phone for three months seemed kind of high to me so I didn't pay it and took the hit on my credit score.

I learned not to bother with calls and instead do everything in type and keep all copies.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:48 PM
tenacious101010

WOW invertmast, that really sucks. I want the buyer to have his money and I will make sure that happens. Paypal told me they had already paid him, could they be lying? He should be treated properly, if Paypal plays these games... well, I guess I shouldnt be surprised. I will make sure the buyer gets his money, this wont be a repeat of that event, its was just wrong. I have just finished canceling my Ebay for sale ads since Ebay only accepts Paypal. I have learned a lot from this experience, I hope others have too.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:59 PM
AmishWarlord

Yeah Ten I was wondering about that because it looks like paypal will only refund the money that is in the account or that they can get out of the bank account connected with the account. This probably means that paypal has charged your bank account for the other money and hasn't gotten the bounce yet.

PAYPAL has got your back as long as the seller has money in his account. They don't protect you with thier money.
Old 07-25-2011, 05:03 PM
AmishWarlord

Oh Ten, I got to know, are you related to reggee?

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_97...tm.htm#9761863
Old 07-25-2011, 05:07 PM
tenacious101010

All I know is what Paypal told me as I posted (in the earlier post in their email). If they say they paid him, are they lying? I will contact the buyer and find out if his money has been returned. It would be nice if the buyer would post here so we would know for sure.
Denny
Old 07-25-2011, 05:09 PM
tenacious101010

who is reggee? and why would you ask that?
Old 07-25-2011, 05:15 PM
AmishWarlord

Oh he paid to have a wood kit cut out and never received anything but BS from the guy. You know the guy would have made the kit but was sick and had a death in the family. "Funny, when people die in my family I go to the funeral then get back to my life" anyway he was on this old mans but big time. The old man cut the kit just to get some peace back into his life.

You remind me of reggee

You should read though that thread, we had good times over there too!
Old 07-25-2011, 05:26 PM
tenacious101010

LOL amish, I dont need any more drama. I dont even wanna go there
Old 07-25-2011, 05:41 PM
AmishWarlord

Oh come on it's great! You get to read stuff like,

"Well I'd like to refund your money but I already spent $100 on the wood and donated the rest to the little miss USA pageant"

LOL
Old 07-25-2011, 06:05 PM
tenacious101010

LMAO< Amish........
Old 07-25-2011, 07:56 PM
rickusaf
My Feedback: (19)

Been reading this story from beginning to end, and my conclusion to this whole mess, sell it to a local, deposit cash, all said and done. Sure hope you end up with the plane back, I know I will never take a greyhound bus, I maybe listed on the "Missing With Altzheimers " news broadcast. Speaking of greyhounds, was in Jacksonville a few weeks ago at the track, lost there too..LOL. Good luck my friend, dont let that plane outa your site if you do get it back, but fly it, with a streamer that says "Greyhound...DONT LEAVE THE DRVING TO US"

Old 07-25-2011, 08:14 PM
GW
My Feedback: (2)

I just spent the last hour reading this whole thread, Denny is a stand up guy and I would do business with him in a second.

I have just confirmed a few things I already had my own thoughts on: PAYPAL sucks / Ebay sucks. I learned something new, Greyhound sucks but Greyhound Package express sucks more!

Denny, you have done way more than most and got screwed by Paypal. I wonder if there is any way you can file a small claims case against Paypal??

Good luck, I hope you get the plane back. Maybe there is someone in the RI/Boston area that can visit the Greyhound Terminal for you to see if the box is there. I know if you sent it to California I would be happy to do it.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:42 PM
GW
My Feedback: (2)

Hey Denny, google is your friend.....

Try this guy:

Greyhound Bus Lines, Inc. CEO Home Address VERIFIED
Greyhound CEO David S. Leach Contact Information
Dave Leach (wife: Margaret Ann Leach)
2820 Merlins Rock Ln.
Lewisville, TX 75056
(972) 899-3053

call him about 2 am......

if thats a dead end heres some unpublished numbers that may work:

Operator with Executive Office: 214-849-8219
Bryan: 214-849-8217
Ursala: 214-849-8215
Safety Dept: 214-849-8214
Claudette: 214-849-8213

Greyhounds parent company is Laidlaw.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:57 AM
tenacious101010

Thanks for the support and the help guys. I feel Greyhound is finally moving on this. I have over 500 Ebay transactions with few issues. I have had a bunch of transactions on RCU with no problems till now.
I was under the wrong impression about the insurance offered on RCU, I assumed if I purchased something and didnt pay to have the sender insure it, the sender was not at fault if he properly packaged it and delivered it to the shipper. It is in the best interest of the one sending the item to insure it for his own protection.
Why does RCU offer the buyer the option of specifying insurance? If the buyer bought or specified insurance it would be on their payment sent, not the item shipped from the buyer. The offer for the buyer to require XX% of the item to be insured in my opinion is invalid and a bit misleading. This sentence should be removed from the buyers part of the contract and it should be offered to the seller instead.

The contract for purchase with RCU is separate from the Paypal transaction. The RCU contract is not even considered by Paypal, neither is the Greyhound shipping policy of the item has to be dropped off at a terminal and picked up at a terminal. Greyhound and Paypal seem to be out of sync on this.
Paypal is not obligated to honor RCU contracts or any other contracts, they are independant and in hindsight, this is how it has to be.

No matter what Greyhound does, the buyer does deserve his money or the plane. The fact that the buyer, numerous times refused to answer whether he had gone to the terminal or not has added one of the most frustrating parts of this transaction. A valid legal option on their part, but not a very moral one in my opinion. I would never agree to any dealings with that person again because of that. Its my corperate policy, its just plain courtesy and how we should treat each other.

I had not dealt with such a situation before, it didnt occur to me to keep the funds in the account till the package arrived and was picked up by the buyer since I had not had problems in the past and I insured the package. I had bought items for another aircraft, thats why I sold the plane. Funds should remain untill the item is recieved by the buyer and you know he has accepted the item. I have emailed the buyer asking him if he recieved the refund;

"Hello XXXX, Have you received your refund from Paypal yet? I am still waiting on Greyhound to settle this, I believe they just recently started looking for the package in the last few days, unbelievible.
Thanks, Denny"

The buyer or the seller should not have to wait for 4 months for a refund or insurance settlement. How long would it really take for Greyhound corporate to call some of their own bus terminals and check if the package was at the terminals along the way. Their policy of waiting 60 days after the item is reported missing to begin searching for it, plus the 60 day period of waiting to get a refund is unjustifiable in my opinion.

As far as Greyhound insurance, I paid for $300 worth of insurance, then they say if I dont provide an invoice showing the value of the item they will asess a value themselves? Why charge for $300 worth of insurance if they are not gonna pay for that amount? Now lets say they allowed me to insure and pay for insurance in the amount of $540. The transaction broke down to the following; $425 for the plane $90 and for Greyhound shipping cost. I bought materials and built a crate for $35(wasnt that nice of me to do that so cheap?). So Greyhound owes me for my plane and my shipping crate and the amount I paid for shipping. The cost of the insurance? That to me would not be part of the settlement.
Oh good, the sun is out, I can stop rambling and get to work on the many projects that await me outside.

The more I learn about humans the more they scare me. There are a lot of good ones and well, and then there are the rest. Its not based on Christian or Moslem or if they believe in any other supernatural beings, their race or anything else, its based on our individual personal decisions we make ourselves on how we treat others.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:34 AM
tenacious101010

I still havent heard from the buyer as to whether he got his Paypal money back. Since I dont know if he has, I have decided to sell a few things to replenish the Paypal account to ensure he gets his money in a timely manner. I will just make sure nothing is sent insured less than the actual value and it is insured no matter who the shipper is, the insurance and confirmation will be part of the calculated lowest selling price of the item I am selling.
Denny
Old 07-26-2011, 05:58 AM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The "buyer" in this case has been a member of RCU since November 2005 and does not have a single rating since joining ... except for the one rating Denny left regarding this transaction.

The only thing this buyer ever did on RCU was to make this post to a thread back in 2008.

Dear Sir,

I would like a full set of all components you will sell for the Baron. Lasercut parts, fiberglass, clear parts, plans. Where can I contact you more directly to arrange payment and schedule?

XXXX

Here's the link to the above.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_26...tm.htm#8127544

Denny, you will notice that he used a different name that is not the same as on his account, or used in your transaction, nor the name you 'know' him by.

While there may be a few honest people who don't do much with their RCU account, I would not do business with anyone who has been a member for a long period of time and does not have some kind of rating, or a few ratings. Especially on big ticket items ... paypal or not.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:18 AM
tenacious101010

airplanes400, first, I do appreciate your help. Please remove the name from the post. I have tried to not have the buyer part of this thread. It doesnt serve the purpose I had started the thread. I have the PM from you and will PM you back. Please remove his name from the post here.
Thanks, Denny

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.