RCU Forums - View Single Post - Greyhound shipped plane, LOST! , HELP!
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 02:57 AM
tenacious101010
My Feedback: (97)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Greyhound shipped plane, LOST! , HELP!

Thanks for the support and the help guys. I feel Greyhound is finally moving on this. I have over 500 Ebay transactions with few issues. I have had a bunch of transactions on RCU with no problems till now.
I was under the wrong impression about the insurance offered on RCU, I assumed if I purchased something and didnt pay to have the sender insure it, the sender was not at fault if he properly packaged it and delivered it to the shipper. It is in the best interest of the one sending the item to insure it for his own protection.
Why does RCU offer the buyer the option of specifying insurance? If the buyer bought or specified insurance it would be on their payment sent, not the item shipped from the buyer. The offer for the buyer to require XX% of the item to be insured in my opinion is invalid and a bit misleading. This sentence should be removed from the buyers part of the contract and it should be offered to the seller instead.

The contract for purchase with RCU is separate from the Paypal transaction. The RCU contract is not even considered by Paypal, neither is the Greyhound shipping policy of the item has to be dropped off at a terminal and picked up at a terminal. Greyhound and Paypal seem to be out of sync on this.
Paypal is not obligated to honor RCU contracts or any other contracts, they are independant and in hindsight, this is how it has to be.

No matter what Greyhound does, the buyer does deserve his money or the plane. The fact that the buyer, numerous times refused to answer whether he had gone to the terminal or not has added one of the most frustrating parts of this transaction. A valid legal option on their part, but not a very moral one in my opinion. I would never agree to any dealings with that person again because of that. Its my corperate policy, its just plain courtesy and how we should treat each other.

I had not dealt with such a situation before, it didnt occur to me to keep the funds in the account till the package arrived and was picked up by the buyer since I had not had problems in the past and I insured the package. I had bought items for another aircraft, thats why I sold the plane. Funds should remain untill the item is recieved by the buyer and you know he has accepted the item. I have emailed the buyer asking him if he recieved the refund;

"Hello XXXX, Have you received your refund from Paypal yet? I am still waiting on Greyhound to settle this, I believe they just recently started looking for the package in the last few days, unbelievible.
Thanks, Denny"

The buyer or the seller should not have to wait for 4 months for a refund or insurance settlement. How long would it really take for Greyhound corporate to call some of their own bus terminals and check if the package was at the terminals along the way. Their policy of waiting 60 days after the item is reported missing to begin searching for it, plus the 60 day period of waiting to get a refund is unjustifiable in my opinion.

As far as Greyhound insurance, I paid for $300 worth of insurance, then they say if I dont provide an invoice showing the value of the item they will asess a value themselves? Why charge for $300 worth of insurance if they are not gonna pay for that amount? Now lets say they allowed me to insure and pay for insurance in the amount of $540. The transaction broke down to the following; $425 for the plane $90 and for Greyhound shipping cost. I bought materials and built a crate for $35(wasnt that nice of me to do that so cheap?). So Greyhound owes me for my plane and my shipping crate and the amount I paid for shipping. The cost of the insurance? That to me would not be part of the settlement.
Oh good, the sun is out, I can stop rambling and get to work on the many projects that await me outside.

The more I learn about humans the more they scare me. There are a lot of good ones and well, and then there are the rest. Its not based on Christian or Moslem or if they believe in any other supernatural beings, their race or anything else, its based on our individual personal decisions we make ourselves on how we treat others.